galaxy s6 g920F only booting in download mode

Search This thread

liobeir

May 11, 2011
waasmunster
Hi guys,

got an s6 from a friend and trying to fix his problem. the phone only boots in dowbload mode. never rooted, and i tried flashing an official firmware through odin. Hidden.img doesn't flash so I extracted it blablabla flashed it the right way afterwards and passes but..no succes. I've done this before but this phone is a pain in the *ss! so I only get download mode. flashed stock recovery...no succes...

someone encountered this problem??

liobeir

May 11, 2011
waasmunster
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeSAQOYbWd0
follow the steps in the video tutorial exactly ! you will succeed

Hi,

Thanks for the help. Watched the video and follow his steps...
But now suddenly the hidden.img flashes on the phone.
So I get a green pass by Odin.
But phone doesn't start!
Tried "auto reboot" on and also off.
It doesn't fail anymore.
Deleted the hidden.img file and flashed it afterwards.

I can't get him alive. I'm gonna try other official firmwares with an older android version. I don't get it.... Why only download mode? Not even recovery opens. :( #notgivingup

should I try to root it with cf root and try to get a recovery mode on it? This phone needs to be wiped I guess. :)

apaxtc

Aug 6, 2012
galati
try to get into recovery , and give general reset....
or try to install twrp -to install a custom rom...

does not make downgrade to android , it can break

Last edited:

liobeir

May 11, 2011
waasmunster

apaxtc

Aug 6, 2012
galati
I already tried flashing a downgraded firmware... So the phone is dead you think? I Wil give it some more tries today. Thanks for twrp... Don't I need to be rooted?
excuse me for delayed reply , it does not have to be root , (Enable USB debugging and OEM unlock ) but unfortunately you can not do it , but you can try if it works

liobeir

May 11, 2011
waasmunster
excuse me for delayed reply , it does not have to be root , (Enable USB debugging and OEM unlock ) but unfortunately you can not do it , but you can try if it works

Could it be that I super hard bricked this phone by flashing everything over and over? I always think, as long the phone boots in download mode you're pretty safe.

Can't flash twrp, stock recovery.....
No official firmware is booting the phone up. I used to have the hidden.img problem but nog every firmware flash completes but still doesn't boot the phone.

Is there an order in which I need to try to flash? Like, try firmware first, then a recovery,.... Or first a bootloader and modem, then a firmware...

:( :(

Oh God help me! :p :p

Thanks for the replies I already got!

liobeir

May 11, 2011
waasmunster
normal you should first bootloader ...after firmware
you tried that job ? https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s6/general/guide-repair-hard-bricked-devices-t3573865

Wow that link is a whole lot of Chinese for me. :) but I'll look into it this weekend! Thanks for keeping up with me. My phone still boots in download so I'm a step ahead. Gonna try flashing stock firmware without auto-boot ticked in Odin, then reset and restart phone manually in download mode and try to flash right bootloader. Should I go for the latest firmware or more like a 6.0.1 firmware? :)

liobeir

May 11, 2011
waasmunster
firmware 7. is to good , why use it 6. ?

"Wow that link is a whole lot of Chinese for me. " lol :) for me too

Well because I flashed like a couple of firmwares... And heard about downgrading is bad but... Yeah this isn't really downgrading.... Im just trying to wake up my friends phone. I will try to flash the latest firmware and then the bootloader right after it.

liobeir

May 11, 2011
waasmunster
Hi guys,

So still no luck. Flashed latest stock firmware, tried flashing bootloader right after the successful flash, no luck. Tried rooting with cf-root, which completes but no custom recovery... Not booting. So yeah I'm on that download mode again. Anyone has some solutions I could try? Could I try converting a custom Rom zip to a tar file and flash it with Odin?

Thanks!

CrySomeMore

Apr 15, 2015
Hey guys
So I think i'm facing a similar problem on my s6 sm-g920f. When I flashed a stock rom 7.0 it passed with no errors, but when it tried to restart it just stays at Samsung logo. I too can't access recovery mode, only download mode. And when I try to do the "removing battery" method using volume down and power button it turns off but turns on right after and gets stuck on Samsung logo.

liobeir

May 11, 2011
waasmunster
Hey guys
So I think i'm facing a similar problem on my s6 sm-g920f. When I flashed a stock rom 7.0 it passed with no errors, but when it tried to restart it just stays at Samsung logo. I too can't access recovery mode, only download mode. And when I try to do the "removing battery" method using volume down and power button it turns off but turns on right after and gets stuck on Samsung logo.

At least your phone is booting to the logo. :) I literally flashed everything! Recoveries, stock roms, tried rooting, bootloaders, stock rom with and without hidden.img...pit files.... :p if you find something... Let me know!

Mar 25, 2021
Uganda Arua
Huh am facing similar situation one s6 was in softbrick I I had odin mode successful but it showed G9280d, custom binary system official, I got a similar stock recovery then The device did boot to home screen but system wasnot stable everything stated crashing I did reboot that's when it could only stop at Android s6 then I did cross check to get it labled g920f flashing ends with either CM erorr or bootloader, in miracle it stopped at hidden or CM or pit in odin am clueless.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

So still no luck. Flashed latest stock firmware, tried flashing bootloader right after the successful flash, no luck. Tried rooting with cf-root, which completes but no custom recovery... Not booting. So yeah I'm on that download mode again. Anyone has some solutions I could try? Could I try converting a custom Rom zip to a tar file and flash it with Odin?

Thanks!
    Hey guys
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone