galaxy s6 official marshmallow update rolling out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

cnutt1

Nov 27, 2014
Newport
Yep rollout deffo stopped in Korea due to Instagram crashing ......bugger

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

I have the Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925K (Korean model, Olleh KT carrier version). The 6.0.1 firmware does appear in SamMobile’s Firmware page, but it is not available through FOTA or Smart Switch.

Korean media says the reason for stopping Marshmallow update is because of an error in Instagram app (as stated in here http://post.mk.co.kr/archives/24557 ). Apparently, Instagram is using some system files that Google has restricted, and this is causing crashes when scrolling. Samsung has contacted Instagram about this issue and will resume the update process when everything is solved.

Please update the article.

warface123

Jun 13, 2012
Miami

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

I have the Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925K (Korean model, Olleh KT carrier version). The 6.0.1 firmware does appear in SamMobile’s Firmware page, but it is not available through FOTA or Smart Switch.

Korean media says the reason for stopping Marshmallow update is because of an error in Instagram app (as stated in here http://post.mk.co.kr/archives/24557 ). Apparently, Instagram is using some system files that Google has restricted, and this is causing crashes when scrolling. Samsung has contacted Instagram about this issue and will resume the update process when everything is solved.

Please update the article.
Yeah I have this bug too, I guess I'll go back to Lollipop for now?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

cnutt1

Nov 27, 2014
Newport

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-02-05-14-14-40.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-02-05-14-14-40.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 1,202
Reactions: lugiank

Audioboxer

Aug 24, 2010
Lol Samsung used Instagram as a scapegoat. "Well the app crashes so we need to halt the entire OS update because they can't later push a fix through play store"

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
They've fixed it now as well. Here will come the proof about Samsungs excuse. They should literally be able to drop the update now or in the next few hours if it was really Instagram they held back for.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone