Galaxy S7 G930F stuck on "No Command" screen after trying to flash back stock

Search This thread

eLily

Oct 29, 2018
Galaxy S7 G930F stuck on "No Command" screen after trying to flash back stock

Hello All,

First of all thank you all for your posts. I'm reading XDA forums for years and use rooted phones with custom ROMs thanks to the info you are all posting here :D

I've recently received a brand new S7 SM-G930F.
First thing out of the box I wanted to get rid of Google and Samsung bloatware and flash LineageOS (like I've done with previous phones), but ended up as a hopeless lady stuck in a boot loop :eek:

This is what happened:
Flashed a brand new S7 SM-G930F (Android 8.0 installed) with TWRP (3.2.3), LineageOS (14.1-20181011-nightly), Magisk (17.1), Xposed.

I then restored a TWRP backup from a S7 SM-G930FD (same LineageOS, but from a dual sim version phone).
Initially everything worked fine, then I noticed the SIM card is not recognised and that the baseband version is "unknown".
Also, every time I connected to my Wifi network while the other S7 SM-G930FD was connected as well, the last was disconnected.

Diving into XDA forums! :cool: Reading and reading, I figured the only way to fix it is to run a TWRP backup, wipe everything and flash a stock firmware on my device. Then flash TWRP again and either restore LineageOS backup or starting from scratch (without wiping system to keep the baseband version).

Things went down south when I tried to flash stock with Odin 3.12.3 (never did I ran into trouble doing this before!).
Flashing did not pass.
Downloading a different stock image from SamMobile and flashing, this time it did pass, but had another problem:
After flash the phone showed an "Installing software update" on a blue screen for about 30 seconds.
Then the message has changed to "Erasing" for about 5 seconds more.
Eventually received a blue "No Command" screen with a yellow warning symbol.

Tried to reboot. Then clear cache and reboot. Then wipe data. Tried to flash another stock image from SamMobile (different carrier), again getting to "No command" screen.
Did that with several stock images from different carriers, both with Android 8.0 and 7.0. All resulted with a "No command" screen.

I then flashed TWRP once again through Odin.
Wiped the phone and install LineageOS. Works! :victory:
LineageOS boots fine, just not recognising the SIM (as before). Also when I go to Settings → SIM cards, I have SIM 1 and SIM 2. Both are not recognised, but this is not a dual SIM phone :confused:

Relaxing that the phone can still function, I tried once more to flash stock through Odin.
Flashing did pass, phone rebooted, got an "Installing software update", message which changed to "Erasing", then I've received an "Error" screen. Looks exactly as the "No command" screen.
Now whenever I'm rebooting the phone it is stuck on boot screen. Although I can still get into recovery or install TWRP via Odin.

This is Odin's message when flashing stock fails:
mk29qkh9c6.jpg

Here is a photo of the message I see when booting into recovery.
zlotok1j9k.jpg

Text of this message here:
Code:
Installing system update
Error!

#fail to open recovery_cause(No such file or directory)#

#Reboot Recovery Cause is [UNKNOWN]#

File-Based OTA
Supported API: 3
E:[libfs_mgr]Blob verification failed :255
E:Failed setting up dirty target
dm-verity verification failed...
E:[libfs_mgr]Error creating device mapping: Device or resource busy
E:[libfs_mgr]Couldn't create verity device!
[omc-app-link] fail to mount /system as rwE:[libfs_mgr]Error creating device map
ping: Device or resource busy
[omc-permission] fail to mount /system as rwE:[libfs_mgr]Error creating device m
apping: Device or resource busy
[omc-sysconfig-permmission] fail to mount /system as rwE:[libfs_mgr]Error creatin
g device mapping: Device or resource busy
[omc-permmission-permmission] fail to mount /system as rwE:[libfs_mgr]Error creat
ing device mapping: Device or resource busy
[omc-res-permmission] fail to mount /system as rwE:[libfs_mgr]Error creating devi
ce mapping: Device or resource busy
[hwr_symlink] fail to mount /system as rw

When I click Mount /system and reboot nothing changes.

Device technical info:
Device out of the box:
Android version: 8.0.0
Baseband version: G9730FXXU2ERD6
Kernal version: 3.18.14-13438344-QB18292513; [email protected]#1, Sat May 26 15:53:42 KST 2018
Build number: R16NW.G930FXXU2EREM
Knox version: Knox 3.1, Know API level 25, TIMA 3.3.0

Device after flashing TWRP/Magisk/Lineage:
Android version: 7.1.2
LeneageOS version: 14.1-20181011-NIGHTLY-herolte
LineageOS API level: Guava (7)

Device after flashing stock firmware again:
samsung/heroltexx/herolte
8.0.0/R16NW/G930FXXS3ERI1

Hope there is a genius here that understand how I can fix this. I was assuming that going successfully back to stock will sort the baseband version/kernel and the phone will read the SIM card again, but I may be wrong?

Please share your insights!
Thank you :angel:

jaqjacek

Jan 29, 2011
I have the same problem
To get back phone you flash original firmware and after that flash
no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0.zip from somewhere on this forum.
Probably your /efs is damage
After flashing some firmware original/ and roms I've get working phone but not for long. After some time once it was 2 weeks once after 2h I get network error and no sim errors like you did.

Reactions: eLily

Bryan48765

Jul 19, 2016
Odin is shown flashing U2 firmware to S3. The firmware should be U3, S3, or higher (newer)
New firmware might require Odin 3.13.1.
Unzip the firmware with a different archiver.
Ensure the firmware download hadn't been interrupted.
I do not recommend anything EFS (backup is ok) unless sure (a data wipe or firmware change should be enough).

Reactions: eLily

eLily

Oct 29, 2018
Thanks you both for responding!
@jaqjacek, I have flashed no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0.zip after installing TWRP. These problems occurred after.
Could it be that the SIM problem started do to restoring a LineageOS image from a Galaxy S7 Dual SIM (G930FD)?
@Bryan48765, all U3 firmware are from South America countries. I have tried before S3 firmware, and have tried it once again, using Odin 3.13.1.
The result was the same.

Here are some details:

Flashing stock through Odin 3.13.1 - PASS :victory:
i5a4fj6s18.jpg

Phone reboots, blue screen with "Erasing" message, then "No command" screen:
78gglekad2.jpg

Screenshot of recovery right after (DMVerity success):
y9emhwlrpd.jpg

Phone stuck on boot screen. Only can reboot into download mode, then rebooting into recovery. While reboot I get a blue screen with "Installing system update" message:
vpecxl7jp5.jpg

"Installing system update" changes to an "Error" message (wasn't fast enough to get a screenshot). But this is a screenshot of the recovery after (DMVerity fail):
ddwxo5hshp.jpg

Does this makes any sense? :eek:

eLily

Oct 29, 2018
Try smart switch!:)

Yeah tried that but Smart Switch doesn't seem to pick up the fact that my device is connected. I can only get to recovery/download modes so I guess that's why..

Any idea if I can switch back to LineageOS and flash modem/baseband only?
Or do you think that after switching back to LineageOS and booting the system Smart Switch will then be able to read the phone?

eLily

Oct 29, 2018
OK made some progress and posting here just in case anyone else will ever run into this mass :D

To get myself out of this mass I:
- Flashed TWRP, mounted system and EFS, flashed no-verity and cleared dalvink/art cache. BTW data wouldn't mount so changed data file system to FAT and then to EXT4, data then mounted OK.
- Then Samsung screen appeared and system booted (yay!).
- Phone didn't read sim just like Lineage couldn't. When checking the device information I now see my other phone (s7 dual sim) model number, serial number, no IMEI and no baseband.

So in short, my issue here all seem to have started when I (stupidly) flashed S7 Duo (SM-930FD) TWRP recovery file on my new non-duo S7 phone (SM-930F). The fact that both use the same file of LineageOS firmware doesn't mean I could do that and expect the rest of the phone to work properly.

Questions for you:
- I have a TWRP backup of before flashing the Duo restore file, do you think that will revert back to original model & serial?
- If no, I guess I will now need to root the device and manually change back to my model number (from SM-930FD to SM-930F) and serial number so that my phone won't have identity issues anymore :eek:
Did any of you guys do it before?
Found this tutorial: https://www.techgainer.com/change-fake-android-device-model-number-and-brand-name/
Does that make sense or am I about to brick my phone again? :confused:

dastane

Mar 3, 2013
Algiers
hello;
plz did you foundany solution??? i have the same probleme ...
- cannot flash stock firmware
- imei: 00000000000000
- sim card don't works
however i can flash costum rom

g930f u3 bricked after trying to flash combination file to get duel sim , and finaly i gget no sim looool

any solutions?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have the same problem
    To get back phone you flash original firmware and after that flash
    no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0.zip from somewhere on this forum.
    Probably your /efs is damage
    After flashing some firmware original/ and roms I've get working phone but not for long. After some time once it was 2 weeks once after 2h I get network error and no sim errors like you did.
    Odin is shown flashing U2 firmware to S3. The firmware should be U3, S3, or higher (newer)
    New firmware might require Odin 3.13.1.
    Unzip the firmware with a different archiver.
    Ensure the firmware download hadn't been interrupted.
    I do not recommend anything EFS (backup is ok) unless sure (a data wipe or firmware change should be enough).
    Try smart switch!:)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone