• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Galaxy S7 (SM-G930VL)

Search This thread

rtbrjason

Mar 26, 2010
I just picked up this phone with the intention of using it mainly for monitoring car data with Forscan and the Torque app. It will never be activated with a carrier.

It’s an S7 (SM-G930VL) with Android 8.0. I’ve been messing with it for hours in an attempt to get TWRP on it so I can load Lineage.

I’m seeing mixed information on whether or not this can be done. Plenty of ROMs available, root information and guides for installing TWRP. Also several threads stating this phones boot loader is locked tight.

Can anyone tell me what’s different about this particular S7, that’s giving me so many problems?

Thanks!

rtbrjason

Mar 26, 2010
At this point I’ve spent way too much time on this. Gave up on TWRP and am just trying to get root.

It’s a snapdragon variant, usb debug is on, oem unlock on, tried various cables, computers, versions of Odin etc. I attempted to go from VL to U. Tried all the root tutorials. No matter what, Odin fails to write.

I think I’m going to give up on this phone. Luckily it was only $60.