!! Galaxy S7, wallpapers, and ringtones!!

Search This thread

mangui

Feb 3, 2011
North Carolina
Is there any quick guide of how to replace the media files?
It seems that I cant make it to work.

With a root file manager navigate to root-system/media/audio, then replace the folders with the ones provided in the zip. Verify that the permissions are correct (folders and files inside), then reboot. Its a good idea to make a backup folder with the stock files in case you want to revert to the stock sounds.

studywes

Feb 19, 2008
Somewhere in France :)
With a root file manager navigate to root-system/media/audio, then replace the folders with the ones provided in the zip. Verify that the permissions are correct (folders and files inside), then reboot. Its a good idea to make a backup folder with the stock files in case you want to revert to the stock sounds.

Sorry but it doesn't work for me!!I change permissions but no sound...
Note 920F stock odexed rooted

AndHD2

Dec 29, 2010
Sorry but it doesn't work for me!!I change permissions but no sound...
Note 920F stock odexed rooted

Just unzip, move the 'audio' folder into the 'notifications' folder on your device and reboot. Make sure you delete the extracted folder for where ever you extracted to and keep what's been moved in 'notifications' folder or you'll get duplicates for each sound. If you do have duplicates then just accept it or look through one by one and delete duplicated sound from 'notifications' folder.

I'm theory you can have these sounds anywhere as it will just pick up the .ogg files and add it to your list of sounds. I like to keep them separate in 'notifications' folder.

Hope this helps and don't forget to thank if it did.

studywes

Feb 19, 2008
Somewhere in France :)
Just unzip, move the 'audio' folder into the 'notifications' folder on your device and reboot. Make sure you delete the extracted folder for where ever you extracted to and keep what's been moved in 'notifications' folder or you'll get duplicates for each sound. If you do have duplicates then just accept it or look through one by one and delete duplicated sound from 'notifications' folder.

I'm theory you can have these sounds anywhere as it will just pick up the .ogg files and add it to your list of sounds. I like to keep them separate in 'notifications' folder.

Hope this helps and don't forget to thank if it did.

I have just
duplicate your different folders (UI, notifications etc etc) in the folder audio,
Change permissions for each files,
not delete the original folder, just rename with 'back' at the end.
And no sound!!!

Last edited:

AndHD2

Dec 29, 2010
I have just
duplicate your differente folder (UI, notifications etc etc) in the folder audio,
Change permissions for each files,
not delete the original folder, just rename with 'back' at the end.
And no sound!!!

You don't have to move anything into the system - media - audio folder or change any permissions. These can be in your download folder and they will still be picked up.

A while back Samsung made it so you can't add any audio to the media - audio location in your device so from then we just move the ogg files to the notification folder on your sdcard (not external bit may still work).

Top Liked Posts