• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Galaxy S8 Active is 9.0 Pie!

Search This thread

tsotnep

Sep 29, 2021
same problem,NFC not working
same.

i know this version has working NFC only IF it is installed FULLY - G892AUCS5CSI3 (10.2019) https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/help-with-nfc-crashing-at-t-s8-active.4035115/

@NexusFFOS @jianglonggood
do you guys think full flashing of G892AUCS5CTL1(12.2021) can solve NFC issue just like it does in G892AUCS5CSI3(10.2019) ?
i personally didn't flash user-data md5 image, maybe that can cause NFC to malfunction?

n.b. also after installing G892AUCS5CTL1 (12.2021) it interprets internal memory as 16 GB, so you have to factory reset phone from menu, to fix this bug.

Last edited:

tsotnep

Sep 29, 2021
on the other hand, its possible to replace NFC library files if the device is rooted.

is anyone has rooted s8 active (or android 9.0 or older with any similar NFC chip), I can try to replace my NFC libraries with the one that's working.

- I don't remember exactly how to root, I need adb and fastboot for that right?

nfc library files:
-packages/apps/Nfc
-external/libnfc-nxp
-frameworks/base/core/java/android/nfc
-samsung/nxp

this is where NFC is mentioned on this link, so those might be relevant as well: https://android.googlesource.com/
platform/external/libnfc-nci
platform/external/libnfc-nxp
platform/hardware/nxp/nfc
platform/hardware/samsung/nfc
platform/hardware/st/nfc
platform/packages/apps/Nfc
platform/system/nfc

dedicha

Jun 5, 2013
Sofia
It seems that I do not have any NFC problem on G892AUCS5CTL1, seems working, but I do not have a device to connect and test it to be sure.

tsotnep

Sep 29, 2021
It seems that I do not have any NFC problem on G892AUCS5CTL1, seems working, but I do not have a device to connect and test it to be sure.
no need for device, it simply can't be enabled on mine, and gives pop up errors once in a while.

did you flash it with Odin using all combo files?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211008-172821_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20211008-172821_Settings.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20211008-172937_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20211008-172937_Settings.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 8

dedicha

Jun 5, 2013
Sofia
no need for device, it simply can't be enabled on mine, and gives pop up errors once in a while.

did you flash it with Odin using all combo files?
Yes, I flashed it with ODIN, it was shared here, all the files except the userdata file, not sure what you mean by combo.
Afterward a clean cache and reset data
Screenshot_20211009-005117_Settings.jpg

Last edited:

zWiLLX

Jun 5, 2013
I did the same, all other files except user data. i wonder what could be the reason.
btw what you mean in cleaning a cache?

in combo files I meant those AP BL userdata etc files.
I did the same, except I loaded the OS before wiping cache.. problematic? And yeah, clean cache via recovery interface using volume up + bixby load

Also has anyone successfully gotten the OEM Unlock option in Dev Options to pop up using the time/date etc method?

tsotnep

Sep 29, 2021
Also has anyone successfully gotten the OEM Unlock option in Dev Options to pop up using the time/date etc method?
i could not. i tried many things.

i also tried using adb and fastboot to unlock OEM.
adb driver worked
fastboot driver did never work, used two different PCs, I tried many things here also.

i wanted that to install magisk, to then install NFC package.

i will try cleaning the cache later, maybe that will work.

zWiLLX

Jun 5, 2013
i also tried using adb and fastboot to unlock OEM.

i wanted that to install magisk, to then install NFC package.
fastboot is directly related to the "OEM unlock" option in Developer Options. It might as well be called fastboot unlock.

have to assume that no NFC on CTL1 relates to some kind of turning off NFC as a "security" feature .. aka disabling it if you switch carriers or leave town. Like I doubt they really broke it, and there's probably more going on

I'll try a basic way to get root see if I can unlock the OEM option. I'm not very good at it so hopes are low unfortunately. but if success, I'll share the method

Edit: Root isn't happening for me, so I've settled on an aggressive deBloat and made a custom script modified using a starting point from @Xinfe and then extended it by about 30-40 apps, many which are specific to ATT, face unlock (memory hog I don't use), Bixby, and I tried to get every default Samsung app in the "Samsung" folder in the app drawer.

still testing but if someone is interested I'll share. Great battery so far

Last edited:

sonyhack

Feb 28, 2012
fastboot is directly related to the "OEM unlock" option in Developer Options. It might as well be called fastboot unlock.

have to assume that no NFC on CTL1 relates to some kind of turning off NFC as a "security" feature .. aka disabling it if you switch carriers or leave town. Like I doubt they really broke it, and there's probably more going on

I'll try a basic way to get root see if I can unlock the OEM option. I'm not very good at it so hopes are low unfortunately. but if success, I'll share the method

Edit: Root isn't happening for me, so I've settled on an aggressive deBloat and made a custom script modified using a starting point from @Xinfe and then extended it by about 30-40 apps, many which are specific to ATT, face unlock (memory hog I don't use), Bixby, and I tried to get every default Samsung app in the "Samsung" folder in the app drawer.

still testing but if someone is interested I'll share. Great battery so far
Thanks for the debloat I was wondering if we had android 10 or 11 on the cruiser

Top Liked Posts