Galaxy S8 Active rom install from the beginning

Search This thread

Dino2000!

Sep 30, 2022
Can anyone guide me through installing a solid rom from the beginning? The last pie update was great but doesn't seem up to par any more and I'd like to enjoy my phone to its fullest.

I've searched and links no longer work and I've read through hundreds of posts without finding new ones.

My impression is CYANOGENMOD ROMS would work for me.

I also use google apps which hopefully can still be installed and used.

5CUD3 baseband
1.1 UI
G892A

Thank you for any help you can offer!!

Aashir4249

Jun 28, 2020
Can anyone guide me through installing a solid rom from the beginning? The last pie update was great but doesn't seem up to par any more and I'd like to enjoy my phone to its fullest.

I've searched and links no longer work and I've read through hundreds of posts without finding new ones.

My impression is CYANOGENMOD ROMS would work for me.

I also use google apps which hopefully can still be installed and used.

5CUD3 baseband
1.1 UI
G892A

Thank you for any help you can offer!
Assuming that your s8 active is snapdragon? If so. you're unlucky. There are no custom roms for snapdragon variant. However if you have an exynos version there are many custom roms for it. Cyanogenmod roms were renamed to lineage os. So I think the roms you are looking for is lineage os

Dino2000!

Sep 30, 2022
Assuming that your s8 active is snapdragon? If so. you're unlucky. There are no custom roms for snapdragon variant. However if you have an exynos version there are many custom roms for it. Cyanogenmod roms were renamed to lineage os. So I think the roms you are looking for is lineage os
I have snapdragon. Thank you for letting me know so I don't have to keep searching.

Any thoughts about using the s8 active now? It seems safe enough but I don't really know :/

Dino2000!

Sep 30, 2022
So it is possible to root it and then flash a customized rom?

Will a customized rom be faster or more secure than 9.0?

Aashir4249

Jun 28, 2020
So it is possible to root it and then flash a customized rom?

Will a customized rom be faster or more secure than 9.0?
You can root it, however a room cannot be flashed, it has to be built for a specific device. Customized ROM offer more security than normal roms they can also offer an increase in Performance, since they keep up with android patches.