Galaxy S8+ G955F Exynos battery drain on stock oreo firmware (XXU1CRAP) ?

Search This thread

jorgewmsn

Aug 10, 2009
I can confirm that.
Before the Oreo update I lost around 3-4% of charge over night, now it´s at almost 20% without anything obvious draining the battery. The phone is in deepsleep all the time...
Samsung knows how to ruin their devices with firmware updates.

Sorry to "read" that.
But since october Im having this exactly same problem even with the nougat .

I dont know whats going wrong with Samsung updates or my phone, but then issue appear after an update.

wtr_dhd

Dec 12, 2011
Flanders
I did a factory reset just to make sure.. The battery drain is still not solved. This is annoying.

I'm considering to downgrade to Nougat again :(

Leon

Dec 31, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Redmi Note 9
I always had 2h - 3h sot so I don't really know what u talking about. Battery life is so sad on this device. Now oreo seems to drain 1%h. and I have 2h of sot if i don't play much with it. Also no Bluetooth or whatever. And everything is in sleep mode.

wtr_dhd

Dec 12, 2011
Flanders
I always had 2h - 3h sot so I don't really know what u talking about. Battery life is so sad on this device. Now oreo seems to drain 1%h. and I have 2h of sot if i don't play much with it. Also no Bluetooth or whatever. And everything is in sleep mode.

Before I went to 8.0 I had like 6+ hours SOT with intensive use.. It is a 3500mAh device, I think it's normal to get at least 5+ hours SOT !

Life Companion

Mar 10, 2017
City Of Eagles
Samsung Galaxy A50
Here is my CRAP S8+ :D
8h SOT
Movies
Whatsapp
FB
Songs
Nd much more:eek:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180222-000114_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20180222-000114_Settings.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 501
Last edited:

rororo85

Aug 28, 2017
Your Knox will not be triggered till u use stock Samsung and Odin.
If you are on a multicsc, flash a non multicsc, then flash back the nougat multicsc you are targeting to.

Bogeyof

Nov 24, 2011
Augsburg
Yippieh, Battery Drain in Flightmode is gone with new update CRB7, now again about 2% over night, with CRAB was around 12-13%. Seems also to have less drain in standby with data enabled, so thumps up for CRB7 for now.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G955F mit Tapatalk

wtr_dhd

Dec 12, 2011
Flanders
Yippieh, Battery Drain in Flightmode is gone with new update CRB7, now again about 2% over night, with CRAB was around 12-13%. Seems also to have less drain in standby with data enabled, so thumps up for CRB7 for now.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G955F mit Tapatalk

Good to hear. I will just wait until I get CRB7 via OTA then.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I can confirm that.
    Before the Oreo update I lost around 3-4% of charge over night, now it´s at almost 20% without anything obvious draining the battery. The phone is in deepsleep all the time...
    Samsung knows how to ruin their devices with firmware updates.
    The new Oreo release fixed the battery issues for me. Thank you Samsung for making it right.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Finally found the solution. Enter settings, and then find Permissions, then click on Body sensor permission and then, turn off Google play services. The battery is much better now.