Galaxy S9 - hard bricked [PLEASE HELP!]

Search This thread

Ealdfrith

Jun 29, 2019
Madrid
Hi,

I have a Galaxy S9 which I got from Vodafone. I was tired of being unable to remove their bloatware so I tried to flash a stock rom using Odin.

Now the phone is locked on the Samsung logo and will not do anything. Not even power off normally, I have to press power + vol down to shut it down but then it turns on again and gets stuck in the Samsung logo.

I have tried to boot it with power + vol + bixby but no joy.

Is there any solution? Please advise!

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
List model S9 (ie: G960F)
List previous firmware
List firmware you flashed

Make sure you flashed a firmware with a higher or equal bootloader version as shown here

G960FXXU5CSF2 <<< Version 5 (You can use this exact firmware from United Kingdom (XEU)

Flash all 4 parts of the firmware together with Odin 3.13.1, do not change anything in Odin settings

Use CSC (not HOME_CSC) although HOME_CSC should have worked originally if something had not gone wrong, now we will use CSC to force a factory reset and hopefully get it to boot again

Reactions: Ealdfrith

Ealdfrith

Jun 29, 2019
Madrid
List previous firmware

Make sure you flashed a firmware with a higher or equal bootloader version as shown here

G960FXXU5CSF2 <<< Version 5 (You can use this exact firmware from United Kingdom (XEU)

Flash all 4 parts of the firmware together with Odin 3.13.1, do not change anything in Odin settings

Use CSC (not HOME_CSC) although HOME_CSC should have worked originally if something had not gone wrong, now we will use CSC to force a factory reset and hopefully get it to boot again

Thanks for the tip! My problem is that the phone is not being detected by the computer - it freezes on the "Samsung Galaxy S9 secured by Knox - Powered by android" screen.

I can only turn it off, and only by pressing power + vol down. :(

It's a G960F all right, and the image I tried to flash was PDA G960FXXU5CSF2 and CSC G960FOXM5CSF2. The previous version, alas, I don't remember.

Last edited:

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
Thanks for the tip! My problem is that the phone is not being detected by the computer - it freezes on the "Samsung Galaxy S9 secured by Knox - Powered by android" screen.

It's a G960F all right, and the image I tried to flash was PDA G960FXXU5CSF2 and CSC G960FOXM5CSF2. The previous version, alas, I don't remember.

Press and hold Bixby & Volume Down & Power from a powered off state, you should not even see the Samsung logo, it should just boot to DL mode

If it does not immediately boot into download mode, keep them pressed until the phone reboots a second time and see if it enters DL mode then

You cannot brick DL mode as it is nothing to do with the firmware, just keep trying to get into that mode so you can flash

Reactions: Ealdfrith

Ealdfrith

Jun 29, 2019
Madrid
Press and hold Bixby & Volume Down & Power from a powered off state, you should not even see the Samsung logo, it should just boot to DL mode

If it does not immediately boot into download mode, keep them pressed until the phone reboots a second time and see if it enters DL mode then

You cannot brick DL mode as it is nothing to do with the firmware, just keep trying to get into that mode so you can flash

It worked: it's alive! :cowboy: :cowboy:

Many many thanks, mate!

Don't know if you're more into wine, beer or whiskey, but I owe you one.

Mega thanks!

Reactions: *Detection*

serial killer btk

Feb 9, 2022
your nightmares
Didn't work for me

Attachments

• IMG_20220208_202745.jpg
    IMG_20220208_202745.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 29

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    List previous firmware

It worked: it's alive! :cowboy: :cowboy:

Many many thanks, mate!

Don't know if you're more into wine, beer or whiskey, but I owe you one.

Mega thanks!