Galaxy S9 is coming, How many of you guys will update this time?

Search This thread

dallasmanic

May 4, 2016
Samsung will announce its new flagship S9 and s9 PLUS A launch date is February 25
I am wondering how many of you guys will update?
and for what?
Me personally will update because of the camera

Reactions: keksalex

namgniw93

Oct 5, 2012
I won't! Samsung has been terrible with updates here in Europe. I was on August security patch until December when I got November security patch.. This was my last Samsung.

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk

wajiman

Jan 21, 2011
Samsung will announce its new flagship S9 and s9 PLUS A launch date is February 25
and for what?
Dont think I'll unless there some significant upgrade in terms of processing speed and battery. As of now, most the reports are indicating minor upgrades nothing significant.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

sherlock5545

Jun 26, 2012
London
I'm waiting for the Note 9, hoping for their yearly upgrade programme to be available for it with 0% interest. That's a sweet deal.

mark-in-dallas

Nov 14, 2010
Dallas, TX
I won't and I'm done with Samsung. I'll not buy another phone in which the manufacturer locks down the bootloader and decides what applications we can and cannot have. And, unless and until others start doing the same and quit buying products that limit our ownership rights manufacturers are only going to continue pushing the envelope as to how much they can limit and restrict what we can and cannot do with OUR phones.

Last edited:
Reactions: Slim2none4u

metzo32

Aug 21, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
I won't and I'm done with Samsung. I'll not buy another phone in which the manufacturer locks down the bootloader and decides what applications we can and cannot have. And, unless and until others start doing the same and quit buying products that limit our ownership rights manufacturers and only going to continue pushing the envelope as to how much the can limit and restrict what we can and cannot do with OUR phones.

100% Agree with you, I have a DRAMA with Note 8 and went back to S8+!!
Do you have any idea about other brand premium as well Unlocked?

Reactions: Slim2none4u

mjones73

Apr 5, 2010
North East, MD
I won't and I'm done with Samsung. I'll not buy another phone in which the manufacturer locks down the bootloader and decides what applications we can and cannot have. And, unless and until others start doing the same and quit buying products that limit our ownership rights manufacturers and only going to continue pushing the envelope as to how much the can limit and restrict what we can and cannot do with OUR phones.

They lock them down because the providers don't want you messing with them, not so much Samsung's fault as it is the Verizon's, AT&T's, and the Sprints of the worlds, gotta get the unlocked versions from the manufacturer if it's important to you.

Back to the original question, I haven't seen any major upgrade that would make me want to change.

mark-in-dallas

Nov 14, 2010
Dallas, TX
They lock them down because the providers don't want you messing with them, not so much Samsung's fault as it is the Verizon's, AT&T's, and the Sprints of the worlds, gotta get the unlocked versions from the manufacturer if it's important to you.

Back to the original question, I haven't seen any major upgrade that would make me want to change.

I would generally agree with you, but as I understand it Samsung locked down the bootloader on all Snapdragon variants, whether carrier locked or unlocked.

Reactions: kevinmr82

XmlNode

May 10, 2010
I won't. Samsung seems falling behind in the AI race too and based on the leaks, there will be no significant improvement in the S9 this time. I will probably stay with the S8+ and wait for a unique phone.

Sindroid

Apr 4, 2010
Bergen
Dont think i will.. Just got used to the position of the FP Scanner, do i have to readjust again? no...
(im just joking)

Probably will. I have an S8+ and love it. I get why some of the folks here will be sticking with it -- especially since the S9/9+ represents almost no visual overhaul to the existing S8 line.

That being said, I actually had a free carrier Note8 that I sold immediately since it represented merely a side-grade (I put the money forth on a new MBP); I was intending to get an S9+ instead when the time came so following my plan, I'll be getting an S9+ to replace my S8+.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nope, this is my last Samsung device, most probably my next device will be a Pixel or an OnePlus.
    if i had a moneytree in my garden i will buy the S9.....but for now i still have my S8......

Technically money does grow on trees, and everyone probably does have a tree in their garden ;)
    Just traded in my S8+ and got a Pixel 2 XL. I loved the hardware but just can't stand touchwiz, Bixby and most Samsung apps.
    and for what?
    I won't. Happy with my Note 8 and still using my S8+ as my backup phone. Now when the Note 9 comes out? Yeah, I'll probably look at upgrading then.