Galaxy S9/S9+ Exynos G960F/G965F/FD OEM Unlock present?

Search This thread

eaglerazor123

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 8, 2009
TS07
Hello,

As the title states, Galaxy S9/S9+ G960/G965FD Exynos users, is the OEM Unlock present? Anyone ordered the Exynos Version from eBay can confirm too?
I'm waiting to pull the trigger from eBay if no Data Points are provided.

Phones bought from Clove.co.uk does have the OEM Unlock. So no problems for stock sourced from UK.

PS: I know the Note 8 Exynos OEM Unlock issue from past year, as i encountered and reported it first.

jiacheng99

Oct 18, 2016
Hello,

As the title states, Galaxy S9/S9+ G960/G965FD Exynos users, is the OEM Unlock present? Anyone ordered the Exynos Version from eBay can confirm too?

Phones bought from Clove.co.uk does have the OEM Unlock. So no problems for stock sourced from UK.

PS: I know the Note 8 Exynos OEM Unlock issue from past year, as i encountered and reported it first.

I bought a G965fd on Ebay that comes from Taiwan. I don't see an OEM Unlock option in the setting. I can use my it, but unable to connect to AT&T's LTE network in LA. Though when I switch to a foreign SIM card (not from Taiwan), it can connect to LTE in the second slot in data roaming. So hope this helps.

force70

Jan 27, 2012
toronto
Hello,

I bet will we see the same trend on the S9, clove devices are okay, Korean devices are okay but the majority of dual sims bought on Ebay will still have the 7 day jail time.

At least once jail is over there is a fix to keep oem unlock there thanks to Dr Ketan

sent from my Pixel 2 XL or Note FE

Last edited:
Reactions: jadaress1

force70

Jan 27, 2012
toronto
Bought S9+ Exynos on eBay via nevermsrp. It is a Taiwanese model and it is missing OEM unlock due to RMM. Will have to wait 7 days.

That sellers devices always have it missing along with most other ebay sellers unless its the korean version

eaglerazor123

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 8, 2009
TS07
Bought S9+ Exynos on eBay via nevermsrp. It is a Taiwanese model and it is missing OEM unlock due to RMM. Will have to wait 7 days.

Yeah, it's same on every model in eBay. After 7 days, you can unlock it then root it and apply OEM fix from @BlackMesa123 and it sticks. No need of any specific file or script. Tried on my device and it worked like a charm. But i had to return the device for a plus version and i got to do the waiting again lol.

Last edited:

davidlaugor

Nov 10, 2011
Hello. I bouth it in Ebay Duos Verison G965F Samsung S9 plus, I think is exynos, and no problem finally to unlock and root??

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

No problem to root the samsung S9 plus G965F Dual verison ? I also boguth it on ebay to qd_gb and I saw it was exynos version.

Tnaks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yeah, it's same on every model in eBay. After 7 days, you can unlock it then root it and apply OEM fix from @BlackMesa123 and it sticks. No need of any specific file or script. Tried on my device and it worked like a charm. But i had to return the device for a plus version and i got to do the waiting again lol.
    Hello,

I bet will we see the same trend on the S9, clove devices are okay, Korean devices are okay but the majority of dual sims bought on Ebay will still have the 7 day jail time.

At least once jail is over there is a fix to keep oem unlock there thanks to Dr Ketan

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone