Votes: 12 20.0%
  • I'm Beyond help

Votes: 9 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

GravX

Apr 19, 2017
Hey guys, For those of you who don't know me I have a channel GravX Reviews... I started it after becoming utterly pissed off with Tempered glass screen protectors for curved screens. Finally Found a good one for the S7 Edge in Whitestone Dome glass...But i wanted something you just slap on with no crazy installation...My channel was a result of that search... Hopefully this can help clarify and save you money ( I'm also writing this so you don't have to watch the video I am working on) The glass i talk about can rang from.20mm to .50mm in thickness..most are .33 mm.

This Knowledge is from testing over 400 kinds of Tempered glass over 4 years , needless to say i have a small idea of what Im talking about-( all from amazon-ebay or allibaba) im sure some of you will be ignorant enough to tell me I'm wrong and that glass truly is different..That's fine your entitled to your opinion .. All I'm doing is trying to help save people money and frustration- I wont try and sell you any product... Ive used the case friendly version for a long time because it was cheap and easy to pop off and on.. I noticed some touch issues...with all of them but i just got used to it.. In the end you get what ever you want. this is just here as a guide

All of these items can be bought on alibaba for 10-20cents for the edged adhesive ones in bulk...the re-sellers send them custom graphics for their boxes and then sell them like they designed it...( so stupid) kind of like zero lemons 5500 MAH battery case... its the same one as the 5500 MAH cases on ebay-

1st. Types of Glass screen protectors for the Galaxy S9/Plus or any protector for that matter..

Case Friendly ( any one that looks like this will be virtually identical to the next ( it might have thicker or slimmer black silk printing) ( which is the Black or white or what ever color they use) They also come in clear
https://www.amazon.com/Protector-Ca...9d-20&linkId=0e4c23f42c372db5a43d5221f96f8d2f
Pros-
Can be cheap
Works with most cases- But not all... UAG <<cough cough>>
Easy and fast to put on
Will protect your phone
oleophobic coating is cheap and comes off fast.

Cons
Edged Adhesive ( they will try to trick you by saying "full Coverage
Micro Dot matrix - AKA "pixel grid Technology" such a stupid term
"precision Grid matrix" "Perfect touch Grid" Its all the same stupid ****- Its placed into screen protectors that don't have full adhesive to assist in the identification of touch on the display by the digitizer panel
Re sellers grossly over charge for them and add Bull**** terms such as shatterproof...or ballistic or bulletproof...explosion proof- Anti Fingerprint ETC

2. Case friendly Full adhesive
They made cheap soft glass ones for the S8 and note 8 and they sucked...one side always had air bubbles.
The new Version is supposedly Hard Glass- Zagg is making the Curve glass elite
https://www.zagg.com/us/en_us/invis...protector/glass-curve-elite-samsung-galaxy-s9

I have it on order and will test it when i get it next week.
Im sure if the product is good it will have more sellers... Zagg does have a lifetime warranty which cost 5 -10 dollars to ship depending where you are, which if the product is good might make a worthy investment...But time will tell

2A- Case Friendly Privacy screens-
https://www.amazon.com/Protector-Ve...9d-20&linkId=ea6e28cfd2269ce9a43cb5ecdab9a914

Identical to the the above mentioned case friendly ones but with an extra layer of Privacy Film ( which makes it thicker
They all have edged adhesive and they are all the same product..Nothing special between sellers- NO MATTER what they say

3. Full Coverage Screen Protectors ( otterbox will sell an Alpha glass version of this that might be cut Short like the Galaxy Note 8 Version...But its the same thing...just a few inches shorter ( all pros and Cons Apply)
So many of these flood the market and they are all the same garbage with Edge strips of adhesive ( the ones for the S9 / S9 plus have thicker bands of edged adhesive...but it will still cause issues..
https://www.amazon.com/Protector-Co...9d-20&linkId=4e1080c6fdae78ae656456b35cc76aae

Pros-
Covers your entire display
Cheap
Easy to put on

Cons
Doesn't work with a lot of cases
( it does work with Casemate ToughStand and ToughMag)
Sellers overcharge for the same ****ty product ( while adding flashy words like Bullet proof or 11 lbs of protection)
Will have touch issues with the screen due to edged adhesive ( it works OK..but some people will notice a degradation of sensitivity
Micro Dots

4. Full Coverage Full adhesive
This is the same as the regular full screen one before but with Full adhesive according the seller
https://www.amazon.com/Improve-Sens...9d-20&linkId=dd8fec54bddaa1443f4d9fc10dee4983

All the Pros as the Full screen Coverage version... Just with " Full screen Adhesive"

Cons if the adhesive is truly full screen would only be case compatibility

5. Case Friendly UV Glass kits ( whitestone Dome Glass and Alibaba Generic Kit)

Whitestone- https://www.amazon.com/Protector-Gl...9d-20&linkId=bdf7dd57946aa39b9e1d31c7b35156df

Alibaba Generic ( you need to buy 10 minimum order to get them
https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...l?spm=a2700.7724838.2017115.30.466f2b24loSX3N
UV KIT

Pros- Japanese Glass All the above use Chinese glass - Yes you can See and feel a difference -
Crystal Clear - no Micro Dot)
Oleophobic coating is high quality and can last up too 6 months depending on usage
Hydrophobic coating can last even longer.
Sealed due to the LOCA adhesive used , meaning no water or dirt can get under the glass

Cons
Expensive
Complicated installation
Easy to mess up
If you get dirt under it your screwed
Cannot be replaced after curing is done ( well..it can but its not worth the headache cleaning it up)
If done wrong and the safeguards aren't in place you can get adhesive in your speaker grill ( use the Speaker covers included)

The whitestone Kit while a lot more expensive then the allibaba generic kit does have a warranty and Whitestone is actively involved in customer satisfaction- they were the first to market this..
White stone has the Speaker Cover stickers which are an awesome touch and requested feature by alot of us. I dont know if the Generic One has them.. I didn't see it on the Images and they supplier has not answered me yet... Since the seller is the factory that makes them for whitestone it should - i think its shaddy AF that whitestones Factory Supplier is selling the Dome Kit unbranded and at a huge price difference...but i cant say im surprised.

If i missed anything please let me know

I didn't include FILM protectors..because they are useless and i didnt include liquid coating kits becuase they are essentially snake oil and will help with water and fingerprint resistance at the most... I will however be testing these products too see if they change in the past 3 years. I hope this helps you guys! Feel free to drop by the channel and show some love and support ( only if you want )
GravX Reviews

mahdibassam

Jul 31, 2009
Auckland
Asus ROG Phone 7 / 7 Ultimate
Cheaper UV light solution aka whitestone dome from china can be found here, and you can buy only one if you want, not 10 minimum like alibaba.

Also full screen adhesive protector aka the Zagg curve elite can be found for half the price here as well.

I bought both and will report back after i receive them.

Reactions: mags00mck

yoyobabyyo

Oct 7, 2013
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07B...l+adhesive&dpPl=1&dpID=41RhK1whyLL&ref=plSrch

This looks legit? The generic whitestone from alibaba charges too much to ship here. She charges me $21 for shipping! How much was your shipping cost?

Don't get the one you linked from Amazon. That one only covers the flat part of the screen. I had something similar on my S7 Edge and you can see the rainbow effect along the edges of the screen protector.

The one on Aliexpress is $29 with UV light and $25 without. I might consider trying it.

xterminater07

Dec 4, 2010
Don't get the one you linked from Amazon. That one only covers the flat part of the screen. I had something similar on my S7 Edge and you can see the rainbow effect along the edges of the screen protector.

The one on Aliexpress is $29 with UV light and $25 without. I might consider trying it.

I don't mind it not covering the curved part because no protector will, even whitestone doesn't cover the curved edges, but if it's full adhesive, you should not see rainbow right?

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

Cheaper UV light solution aka whitestone dome from china can be found here, and you can buy only one if you want, not 10 minimum like alibaba.

Also full screen adhesive protector aka the Zagg curve elite can be found for half the price here as well.

I bought both and will report back after i receive them.

The curved one from aliexpress is same as the curved one on amazon I linked. Both stops short of where the curve is. I wonder if the Zagg is the same?

yoyobabyyo

Oct 7, 2013
I don't mind it not covering the curved part because no protector will, even whitestone doesn't cover the curved edges, but if it's full adhesive, you should not see rainbow right?

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

The curved one from aliexpress is same as the curved one on amazon I linked. Both stops short of where the curve is. I wonder if the Zagg is the same?

Sorry. I wasn't being clear enough in my description. What I mean was that the screen protector doesn't cover the edge screen where it starts to curve down, only the part where it is completely flat. When you swipe to bring out the edge panel, you will have to run your finger up the edge of the screen protector, like a speed bump.

Reactions: crzycrkr

thelostsoul

Jan 15, 2007
I didn't include FILM protectors..because they are useless and i didnt include liquid coating kits becuase they are essentially snake oil and will help with water and fingerprint resistance at the most... I will however be testing these products too see if they change in the past 3 years. I hope this helps you guys! Feel free to drop by the channel and show some love and support ( only if you want )
GravX Reviews

Thanks for this excellent write-up. I'm curious why you say film protectors are useless? I have been using ZAGG's invisibleSHIELD HD Clarity on my S7 and found it to be excellent. In particular, I use a thin case (Ringke) which only provides a slight recess for the screen. So when I've dropped the phone square on the screen, I've noticed that in spite of landing on pebbles or rocks, the invisible shield took the brunt of the force and eventually "healed" itself (warped back into shape) with no damage to the glass.

I've been contemplating moving to a hard glass screen protector for a while, but have been very pleased with the level of protection I've been getting from these invisible shields. What are negatives versus glass?

rlatjs17

Aug 16, 2012
New Jersey
The invisshield seems to curve around the glass for their note 8 one so maybe their s9 one will curve as well? They use a full adhesive method but without the plastic placeholder and at $20 ish. I haven't ordered one yet. Hoping Gravx can compare it to the other protectors out their. Guy might send one out for review to Gravx if he asks for one.

GravX

Apr 19, 2017
Video version with curve elite

Curve elite Hands on

I should have my phone today
So I'll start the glass videos soon

yoyobabyyo

Oct 7, 2013
I saw you mention the whitestone uses Japanese glass. Does the generic full adhesive glass from Ali use Japanese glass?

This is what was listed in the description:

2.Made from the highest grade Japan Asahi Glass, our multilayered screen protectors are made with polished, rounded edges and provide 99.99% HD Clarity and Touch Accuracy.

Their product looks exactly like Whitestone's.

Last edited:

BiigDragon

Aug 15, 2011
Orlando
I got the Zagg installed on my phone at Best Buy today and i hadn't noticed till I got home at night that it doesn't really cover the edges all the way

Attachments

• 20180315_004808.jpg
    20180315_004808.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 1,789
  • 20180315_004657.jpg
    20180315_004657.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 1,815
  • 20180315_004725.jpg
    20180315_004725.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 1,805

bamfsig45

Dec 16, 2009
OnePlus 9 Pro
Google Pixel 6
Removing my Whitestone after the curring process and cleaning it was fairly easy. Soaked the glass in 70% isopropyl alcohol for an hour or so. I was easily able to scrape the glue off with my fingernail. Soaked it a bit longer and then used a microfiber clothe soaked in the alcohol to further clean it and get more adhesive off. (all adhesive was removed) Reapplied the screen protector with the 2nd bottle and it went on perfect. YMMV

jglenister

Sep 22, 2008
Do not buy this product

Despite following the instructions to the letter this product did not sit flat on my phone , rather it only stuck in the middle.

I strongly advise to avoid the invisibleshield glass cover for s9+ and wait for something better to come along. Do NOT buy

rlatjs17

Aug 16, 2012
New Jersey
Zagg is honestly a RIP off. They always lie and use marketing bs. A ton of large youtubers over 1mil subs have proven this multiple times. I'm surprised the community at xda one of the more knowledgable forums out there keep buying it. Not to mention our own GravX doing some good comparisons for us.

Save yourself the $50 and the $15 shipping replacement.

Reactions: nhoj_yelbom

MacShark

Nov 20, 2014
Here is the Klearlook tempered glass. I have provided photos and I will update about the touch sensitivity experience along with if the glass stays onto the display or if it has cracked. In my limited experience, the feeling of the tempered glass does feel different than having no tempered glass. The glass is compatible with the Spigen Rugged Crystal Slim Clear Case. It does appear to be similar or exactly like the Caseology glass since it comes with that installation protector.

Edit: It is a pixel dot matrix screen protector. So far, I haven't noticed any touch sensitivity issues yet but I will continue to update.
Edit 2: Touch sensitivity hasn't been an issue for the past few days so far. I also used pointer option in developer tools and I didn't see any dead spots. Tempered glass hasn't cracked. Oleophobic coating is not good. Tempered glass is very reflective and can make scenarios such as looking at the phone for navigation to be a visual challenge.
Edit 3: It has been a few weeks since I have owned the screen protector. It has not cracked or lifted. I haven't had issues with touch sensitivity (keep in mind I have increase touch sensitivity option on). Seems like a dust magnet. I will continue to use this tempered glass as the positives out weights the negatives. In the end, it protects my phone and it has not got in the way of my touch screen experience.
Edit 4: I dropped my phone at the gym with a case on and part of the top is chipped. The rest of the screen's integrity is in tact. Oleophobic coating is considered decent.
Edit 5: A few months since I have owned the phone and tempered glass. After I dropped it from the gym, I replaced it with a new one. I only have touch screen issues sometimes (typing on keyboard). The tempered glass has not peeled off. It has not randomly cracked. Decent to poor oleophobic coating. You can see the finger prints easily. Not difficult to see when using it as a GPS.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B2PV9Q2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

m6UcLg0.jpg

LbQti5t.jpg

QphS143.jpg

kFMxokL.jpg

92KUyse.jpg

NoUn8zM.jpg

5XJlapB.jpg

ErFKYBx.jpg

vECQ1Sm.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: cmart4

xterminater07

Dec 4, 2010
Here is the Klearlook tempered glass. I have provided photos and I will update about the touch sensitivity experience along with if the glass stays onto the display or if it has cracked. In my limited experience, the feeling of the tempered glass does feel different than having no tempered glass. It appears this is not a pixel dot matrix tempered glass. The glass is compatible with the Spigen Rugged Crystal Slim Clear Case. It does appear to be similar or exactly like the ZAGG glass.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B2PV9Q2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

m6UcLg0.jpg

LbQti5t.jpg

QphS143.jpg

kFMxokL.jpg

92KUyse.jpg

NoUn8zM.jpg

5XJlapB.jpg

ErFKYBx.jpg

vECQ1Sm.jpg

Do you hear popping noise or clicking noise when you type with this screen on? It's probably edge adhesive, and not good like the rest. To see the dot matrix, you have to look really careful.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, For those of you who don't know me I have a channel GravX Reviews... I started it after becoming utterly pissed off with Tempered glass screen protectors for curved screens. Finally Found a good one for the S7 Edge in Whitestone Dome glass...But i wanted something you just slap on with no crazy installation...My channel was a result of that search... Hopefully this can help clarify and save you money ( I'm also writing this so you don't have to watch the video I am working on) The glass i talk about can rang from.20mm to .50mm in thickness..most are .33 mm.

This Knowledge is from testing over 400 kinds of Tempered glass over 4 years , needless to say i have a small idea of what Im talking about-( all from amazon-ebay or allibaba) im sure some of you will be ignorant enough to tell me I'm wrong and that glass truly is different..That's fine your entitled to your opinion .. All I'm doing is trying to help save people money and frustration- I wont try and sell you any product... Ive used the case friendly version for a long time because it was cheap and easy to pop off and on.. I noticed some touch issues...with all of them but i just got used to it.. In the end you get what ever you want. this is just here as a guide

All of these items can be bought on alibaba for 10-20cents for the edged adhesive ones in bulk...the re-sellers send them custom graphics for their boxes and then sell them like they designed it...( so stupid) kind of like zero lemons 5500 MAH battery case... its the same one as the 5500 MAH cases on ebay-

1st. Types of Glass screen protectors for the Galaxy S9/Plus or any protector for that matter..

Case Friendly ( any one that looks like this will be virtually identical to the next ( it might have thicker or slimmer black silk printing) ( which is the Black or white or what ever color they use) They also come in clear
    https://www.amazon.com/Protector-Ca...9d-20&linkId=0e4c23f42c372db5a43d5221f96f8d2f
    Pros-
    Can be cheap
    Works with most cases- But not all... UAG <<cough cough>>
    Easy and fast to put on
    Will protect your phone
    oleophobic coating is cheap and comes off fast.

Cons
    Edged Adhesive ( they will try to trick you by saying "full Coverage
    Micro Dot matrix - AKA "pixel grid Technology" such a stupid term
    "precision Grid matrix" "Perfect touch Grid" Its all the same stupid ****- Its placed into screen protectors that don't have full adhesive to assist in the identification of touch on the display by the digitizer panel
    Re sellers grossly over charge for them and add Bull**** terms such as shatterproof...or ballistic or bulletproof...explosion proof- Anti Fingerprint ETC

2. Case friendly Full adhesive
    They made cheap soft glass ones for the S8 and note 8 and they sucked...one side always had air bubbles.
    The new Version is supposedly Hard Glass- Zagg is making the Curve glass elite
    https://www.zagg.com/us/en_us/invis...protector/glass-curve-elite-samsung-galaxy-s9

I have it on order and will test it when i get it next week.
    Im sure if the product is good it will have more sellers... Zagg does have a lifetime warranty which cost 5 -10 dollars to ship depending where you are, which if the product is good might make a worthy investment...But time will tell

2A- Case Friendly Privacy screens-
    https://www.amazon.com/Protector-Ve...9d-20&linkId=ea6e28cfd2269ce9a43cb5ecdab9a914

Identical to the the above mentioned case friendly ones but with an extra layer of Privacy Film ( which makes it thicker
    They all have edged adhesive and they are all the same product..Nothing special between sellers- NO MATTER what they say

3. Full Coverage Screen Protectors ( otterbox will sell an Alpha glass version of this that might be cut Short like the Galaxy Note 8 Version...But its the same thing...just a few inches shorter ( all pros and Cons Apply)
    So many of these flood the market and they are all the same garbage with Edge strips of adhesive ( the ones for the S9 / S9 plus have thicker bands of edged adhesive...but it will still cause issues..
    https://www.amazon.com/Protector-Co...9d-20&linkId=4e1080c6fdae78ae656456b35cc76aae

Pros-
    Covers your entire display
    Cheap
    Easy to put on

Cons
    Doesn't work with a lot of cases
    ( it does work with Casemate ToughStand and ToughMag)
    Sellers overcharge for the same ****ty product ( while adding flashy words like Bullet proof or 11 lbs of protection)
    Will have touch issues with the screen due to edged adhesive ( it works OK..but some people will notice a degradation of sensitivity
    Micro Dots

4. Full Coverage Full adhesive
    This is the same as the regular full screen one before but with Full adhesive according the seller
    https://www.amazon.com/Improve-Sens...9d-20&linkId=dd8fec54bddaa1443f4d9fc10dee4983

All the Pros as the Full screen Coverage version... Just with " Full screen Adhesive"

Cons if the adhesive is truly full screen would only be case compatibility

5. Case Friendly UV Glass kits ( whitestone Dome Glass and Alibaba Generic Kit)

Whitestone- https://www.amazon.com/Protector-Gl...9d-20&linkId=bdf7dd57946aa39b9e1d31c7b35156df

Alibaba Generic ( you need to buy 10 minimum order to get them
    https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...l?spm=a2700.7724838.2017115.30.466f2b24loSX3N
    UV KIT

Pros- Japanese Glass All the above use Chinese glass - Yes you can See and feel a difference -
    Crystal Clear - no Micro Dot)
    Oleophobic coating is high quality and can last up too 6 months depending on usage
    Hydrophobic coating can last even longer.
    Sealed due to the LOCA adhesive used , meaning no water or dirt can get under the glass

Cons
    Expensive
    Complicated installation
    Easy to mess up
    If you get dirt under it your screwed
    Cannot be replaced after curing is done ( well..it can but its not worth the headache cleaning it up)
    If done wrong and the safeguards aren't in place you can get adhesive in your speaker grill ( use the Speaker covers included)

The whitestone Kit while a lot more expensive then the allibaba generic kit does have a warranty and Whitestone is actively involved in customer satisfaction- they were the first to market this..
    White stone has the Speaker Cover stickers which are an awesome touch and requested feature by alot of us. I dont know if the Generic One has them.. I didn't see it on the Images and they supplier has not answered me yet... Since the seller is the factory that makes them for whitestone it should - i think its shaddy AF that whitestones Factory Supplier is selling the Dome Kit unbranded and at a huge price difference...but i cant say im surprised.

If i missed anything please let me know

GravX Reviews
    Spigen glass isn't bad. I purchased the 360 thin fit case and the glass screen protector that comes with it has no touch issues and doesn't make you enable the screen protector setting under advanced options.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
    I just want to share my experience with a tempered glass screen protector I recently brought on AliExpress. It took 12 days for it to get from China to NJ. After having buying and returning many many screen protector for the s8, s8 plus, and note 8 I could never find one that work properly. After buying and returning 100 + screen protector I almost wanted to leave Samsung due to not being able to find a tempered glass screen protector. This one I recently brought is everything the description says. No bubbles, touch sensitivity is good even without adjusting screen sensitivity in settings, no glare like every other screen protector out there, Full adhesive!!!, And case friendly. I haven't posted for years but could not contain my excitement in finding a tempered glass screen protector that actually works. One reviewer for the item posted a picture with lots of bubbles but they didn't install it properly and did not squeeze out the bubbles. I will post pictures if I have time but don't count on it. I would describe this as close to the whitedome glass without the installation mess.

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32855286394.html

Edit: I retested it without the touchscreen sensitivity increase in settings and experience touchscreen issues but had no problems with it turn on.
    @GravX - You posted this thread 7 weeks ago and said you would provide further updates on screen protectors you had ordered. I read through all 7 pages of the thread, but don't recall seeing any updates. I think some of us are quite interested in what you have to say as a followup to your initial post. Has your opinion changed on any of the products or technologies you have played with since then?
    Yes I did, I would have been making videos... But I have been deployed for almost 2.months... So my time is very limited not to mention I don't have my camera or. Glass protectors lol... I also have a 2nd job and a family... I try to devote what little free time I have.. I have some leave comming up soon.. So I can work on this stuff.. Unlike many reviewers I've watched.. Which I why I started making videos .. I don't take things right out of a. Box and call it a review... I use glass protectors for a few days.. With cases.. Drop them.. Etc before I sit down to review.. My spigen video took me almost 2 weeks to do before I was able To Post it because I used all the cases.. I put them back in the box to keep them clean for videos... But you need to use products to review them.. In terms of the glass. Protectors.. You won't really see legit New versions comming out . The whitestone is the best with some caviates.. The zagg curve elite - well.. 3/10 of them work as intended and the ones that do. Break if you look at them funny.. Edge protectors are just that.. Edged adhesive.. And with increased touch sensitivity on.. The protectors aren't that bad.. With all that being said... After this I. Might take a break for a while.. I'm kinda sick of the negativity youtube brings... When you spend 3 hours editing and posting a video.. To have someone berate you when your trying to bring honest helpful information about a product.. It makes. Me. Think that I should have spent those 3 hours with my family instead... Because even tho I. Want to help..it feels like alot of viewers just want to be negative or nit pick... And I don't have time for that. I used to enjoy doing this stuff... But I don't enjoy it anymore.. That's solely my fault for letting people get to me.. I'll still be around watching.. And here if anyone wants to seek. Me Out, with that being said... I have a few videos left to produce before I throw in the towel... And that's only because they were obligations.

GravX -
    I am curious if people have tried putting a film protector on before they put on the Whitestone glass.

1. No glue on the actual screen
    2. additional scratch protection from anything that may get under the screen protector if it pops open
    3. Prevents Whitestone broken glass in contact with the actual glass.
    4. When the Whitestone glass breaks, there is some scratch protection until person can put on a replacement.