Galaxy Tab 10.1 up for pre-order

Search This thread

frychiko

Aug 18, 2010
galaxytablife.com
I'm going to try and get one in the UK. I just want Samsung to release their UK plans (prices, release date) before I decide what to do.

One option I have been considering is a service called Bundlebox where you get a US address to order too, and they forward it on to your UK address. Has anyone used this service?

I haven't used Bundlebox but I am a regular user of BongoUS and haven't had any major issues with it.

I originally ordered this 10.1 before it hit the news the other day but ended up cancelling today. I'd rather wait until it shows up in other stores or wait for an announcement from Samsung. That plus J&R is a hassle with some (mine) overseas credit cards.

Last edited:

Missing_link

May 13, 2011
I thought I would add another data point. I wrote Jr about my preorder for the 32 gb 10.1.

They said they had been advised that it is still just a preorder and that they have no release date at this time. The charges to my credit card are pending but have not gone through yet. I'm beginning to think late June is or best bet unfortunately.

roar109

Aug 13, 2010
Monterrey
How long on average to ship this kind of thing by post from there to your address? Do you use DHL kind of service?

No I cant use dhl, ups or fedex because is to expensive to my country, so i send with know people o family that comes to mexico.

The rates for electronic things are high for import to my country, that is because or i go to usa or i send throw someone in the border, if I open the box now is mine so dont pay any import :D

Insin

Jun 22, 2010
I haven't used Bundlebox but I am a regular user of BongoUS and haven't had any major issues with it.

I originally ordered this 10.1 before it hit the news the other day but ended up cancelling today. I'd rather wait until it shows up in other stores or wait for an announcement from Samsung. That plus J&R is a hassle with some (mine) overseas credit cards.

Thanks, ill check bongo out.

I also thought about waiting for them to be snapped up by the main retailers. I figure that the import cost, even with duty and delivery will be near to what it will eventually cost over here anyways.

One thing I am apprehensive about is warranty, have you looked in to the warranty that samsung typically offer?

pfluger

Jan 15, 2006
Hamburg
Amazon.de (Germany) has started listing the Galaxy Tab 10.1 (16GB, 3G version) for EUR 636,50 (sold by Amazon)

There seems to be a black model (GT-P7500FKDDBT) and a white one (GT-P7500UWDDBT). One listing shows a pic of the 10.1v, but based on the product number and camera specs this is the slim 10.1.

http://www.amazon.de/Samsung-Displa...=UTF8&coliid=IZ374PP8EBWIK&colid=395FHMQ0V2GW

http://www.amazon.de/Samsung-Displa...=UTF8&coliid=ICKDMWQ64XX2A&colid=395FHMQ0V2GW

The samsung.de site is now also showing the tab with full specs. They mention black and white versions, too. No mention of SD slot.

http://samsung.de/de/Privatkunden/M...T-P7500UWDDBT/detail.aspx?atab=specifications

Missing_link

May 13, 2011
It's strange that a lot of articles, some as current as today, still cite a June 8th launch date.

I suppose that's possible, but the information provided by the only known pre-order that I've seen the U.S. would seem to indicate late June.

Interesting too that the German websites are showing a white Tab.

Insin

Jun 22, 2010
Ouch! I fear that this is going to put it out of my 'value for money' range, estimated £577 sounds like an awful lot of cash for a 16gb 3G model. :eek:

I hope to see the prices stabilise a bit. Retailers always come up with daft prices pre-release.

Its encouraging to see them finally make an appearance in Europe though. Maybe they will be hitting the UK sooner rather than later.

poisike

Jun 6, 2009
I did read some German news sites yesterday and they say 10.1 will be available mid June for 629 euros and 8.9 by end of June for 599 euros. Both are 16GB 3G units.

Ravynmagi

Nov 2, 2010
I pre-order mine a few days ago in J&R, i send a mail to customer service asking when they ship the tab 10.1, this is what they told me (copy/paste):

"Thank you for your inquiry. We are expecting a shipment within the week of 6/27. We are sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

I decided to cancel my pre-order today. I decided I'd feel better spending my money at a local retail store in case I needed to return it.

And I just got told the same thing about JR.com's ship date. They said late June or early July. Yuck. Hope it's just them and it's available else where on June 8th.

Daps

Jun 2, 2006
It's about a week and a half before the announced release date of Jun 8. I would have thought more info would be available or at least which retailers will be stocking it. I too had planned on preordering if Amazon or BestBuy did it but think I want to wait and be able to put my hand on one first

roar109

Aug 13, 2010
Monterrey
I decided to cancel my pre-order today. I decided I'd feel better spending my money at a local retail store in case I needed to return it.

And I just got told the same thing about JR.com's ship date. They said late June or early July. Yuck. Hope it's just them and it's available else where on June 8th.

I consider that even check retails stores, but while i wait for at least jun 8, and see what happen.

ky0nkyon

Feb 2, 2010
what's this about the new tab gt7310? they said 7510 was for the i/o version. maybe there will be exynos ans sd card

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Folks! The Galaxy Tab 10.1 is up for pre-order now at J&R (I can't post links). PLS screen mentioned. No word on SD card slot.

16GB - $499
    32GB - $599

I put in an order just in case myself since I'm worried we might see another Eee Transformer shortage.

Anyone notice anything at other stores?