• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P5110 Restarting and does not install stock or any other rom.

Search This thread

blankfile99

Jul 31, 2012
Hi guys, after many tries, many googling and youtube research, I dicided to share my problem with our community

1. At sunday, my galaxy tab started to restart continuously, It was recharging and I took some time to see.
2. I tried to activate USB DEBUGGING but when It Restarts, it's usb debugging is disabled again.
3. I'm using Stock Rom Again...was;
4.Using Stock Recovery.
5. Tried to install many others recovery's with odin and it seems to be ok but after a restart, its all back to stock recover.
6. Tried to install Stock FW again by Odin and its stuck about 50% FAIL
7. Tried to install CFW and Other Roms by SD Card but it shows a messege "Failed to check Signature" aborting... maybe because of stock recover.
8. Not rooted, usb debugging DISABLE
9 Tried to activate USB Debugging by odin, installing a patch, without success.
10 Samsung KIES does not recognize it in Download Mode.
11. I have samsung drivers installed.

one more information, when I start in recovery Mode, it shows first an android pic and a messege NO COMMAND, then proceeds to RECOVERY(STOCK).

What Can I do?? I Did Everything I can find on Internet. Is there a phisical problem??

Best Regards!!

amarb

Nov 19, 2017
Jalgaon
Seems like a similar issue like mine. Check my post about behavior of my tab 2 7" (P3100) at https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-tab-2/help/p3100-16gb-bricked-emmc-bug-to-t3707134

If you have symptoms similar to mine or any mentioned in the links in the post, then it seems you have a faulty emmc (internal memory).
The only solution i get to hear up till now is either to get motherboard replaced from service center or get emmc replaced from repair shop or get it jtag'ed.

Other solutions, which would avoid jtag or other service, like dual booting from SD card existed here in xda for p3100 but having stuck in stock recovery brought limitations.

If possible share all things you tried and solution if you found any.

blankfile99

Jul 31, 2012
Seems like a similar issue like mine. Check my post about behavior of my tab 2 7" (P3100) at https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-tab-2/help/p3100-16gb-bricked-emmc-bug-to-t3707134

If you have symptoms similar to mine or any mentioned in the links in the post, then it seems you have a faulty emmc (internal memory).
The only solution i get to hear up till now is either to get motherboard replaced from service center or get emmc replaced from repair shop or get it jtag'ed.

Other solutions, which would avoid jtag or other service, like dual booting from SD card existed here in xda for p3100 but having stuck in stock recovery brought limitations.

If possible share all things you tried and solution if you found any.

Tks for the answer, I guess we have the same problem, by the way, I already read your topic (lol), Surelly I'm gonna find some technical assistance , the hard thing is to find these kind of stuff, but let's see. I'm gonna share any solution, see ya!

john99ap

Sep 17, 2016
If you install a custom recovery and then reboot to system, it will automatically install the stock recovery again unless you are rooted. To avoid this uncheck the "reboot system when finished" box in odin and after installing the recovery boot directly into it.
Stock recovery is only for installing official updates, not for custom roms. You need a custom recovery for that.

amarb

Nov 19, 2017
Jalgaon
If you install a custom recovery and then reboot to system, it will automatically install the stock recovery again unless you are rooted. To avoid this uncheck the "reboot system when finished" box in odin and after installing the recovery boot directly into it.
Stock recovery is only for installing official updates, not for custom roms. You need a custom recovery for that.

Thanks, but we I tried this too. The issue is possibly our emmc is gone into permanant write protection state as far as i have studied. i tried unchecking the "reboot system when finished" box and even pulling battery after getting odin status as success for recovery as suggested in some threads but nothing helped.
Even if i do a factory reset from recovery all data would remain as is, nothing deleted!

@blankfile99 i agree its hard to find stuff, for me jtag service is more than 500kms from my place!

I am searching for any possibility to boot from external sd card. The thing existed for p3100 (one mentioned here https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1866675 which allows sd boot) and the other is the blackhawk NEXT https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2285366 but this is not suitable for our case where no modifications in emmc contents are possible. Devs were able to carry out sd boot for nook color tab .

But again I am stuck trying the dual boot mentioned above at how to flash the sd boot build rom zip file to sd card since stock recovery gives signature verification failure....
Great struggle to keep the tab working...

Last edited:

clappertrap

Dec 24, 2017
Thanks, but we I tried this too. ....But again I am stuck trying the dual boot mentioned above at how to flash the sd boot build rom zip file to sd card since stock recovery gives signature verification failure....
Great struggle to keep the tab working...

I had the same issue - here is what I did (I'm writing this as much for me later on, as for you!). This should be fine for your device - but of course, the usual "no guarantees" applies.....

I assume you have downloaded the appropriate files ?
- I used philz_touch_6.57.8-p5100.tar.md5 (google it)
- Odin3 v1.85

1) Install / Start Odin on computer

2) Start device in download mode For my P5100 - I held down power and the UP volume button.

3) Connect USB cable to computer. In ODIN, Click PDA and select the downloaded philz_touch_6.57.8-p5100.tar.md5 (or whatever you're going to use).

4) in ODIN - UNTICK "Auto- Reboot" and Re-Partition is unticked - leave Reset Time ticked.

5) Click start. you should get the "PASS" All threads completed.

6) Disconnect USB cable

7) - important bit - Press and hold down POWER and Volume DOWN together at same time for about 15 seconds. This hopefully will restart into PhilZ mod.

Let me know how it goes.

Sura 102005

Mar 3, 2021
I have decided to install custom rom on my Samsung tab 2. but it's not connecting with my laptop(not recognized).I think there's a driver problem because in device manager It is showing "Unknown USB DEVICE". Can anyone please send me the Samsung tab 2 gt p5110 driver software or any folders which are use to connect. (I have tried many times but I can't find a good solution 😭)

Sura 102005

Mar 3, 2021
@Sura 102005

Have you tried reading and following this - also read the older threads

You may need to install Samsung kies

You should also try with a newer / different cable as that could be the issue. I had this same problem and when I swapped to newer cable it solved the issue. Just try different things.
Hi clappertrap, Thank you for your kindness. I have tried Samsung Kies but I haven't tried a different cable I have order for OTG cable and USB male-male cable. I think this will work.