• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Galaxy Tab 3 7in CM-10.1/Cm-10.2 development[SM-T210/T210R]

Which 7in Tab 3 do you have?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

ketut.kumajaya

Recognized Developer
Apr 28, 2011
Bekasi

Unjustified Dev

Recognized Developer
Oct 21, 2012
Memphis , TN
I will join only if have access to T21x. It's hard to fix user space problem without a device, my contribution to the kernel part more than enough for now.

I've noticed people said BT keyboards didn't work could it be because the UHID driver isn't enabled as it was enabled in the recommended 4.2.2 deconfig. It's also enabled in t110 defconfig.

Reactions: mknrls and ajws7036

Anil Shovo

Feb 17, 2014
M

moonbutt74

hi

hi all dev cm10.1 for Ainol Novo 7 Crystal 2 which also have vivante gc1000 gpu plz see it http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/415...-ii-aurora-ii-crystal-fire-2013-09-17-update/

Sent from my SM-T211 using Tapatalk

what controls screen rotation meaning process/file/conf
i'm working with cm10.x
when i swap gralloc with another or flash blackhawk for 4.1 though systemui is invisible i know i booted through
because dev-opt show touch setting is still go
the display is stuck in land and the touch in port
:confused:

anyone?

Last edited:

bangdes

Jun 16, 2013
I think blackhawk kernel is good enough for build CM, especially based on 4.1.2. We shouldn't impose to port in 4.2.2 or higher.
Like @ketut.kumajaya said : "Kernel source from Samsung is sufficient. We need Vivante GC1000 Android gralloc and hwc implementation from Marvell/Samsung. As I said before, KitKat port too ambitious, JellyBean is better option."
about gralloc. maybe we have to refer to this source :
http://source.android.com/devices/reference/gralloc_8h_source.html

Last edited:

HerroYou

Apr 21, 2013
Somewhere over the rainbow!!
I think blackhawk kernel is good enough for build CM, especially based on 4.1.2. We shouldn't impose to port in 4.2.2 or higher.
Like @ketut.kumajaya said : "Kernel source from Samsung is sufficient. We need Vivante GC1000 Android gralloc and hwc implementation from Marvell/Samsung. As I said before, KitKat port too ambitious, JellyBean is better option."
about gralloc. maybe we have to refer to this source :
http://source.android.com/devices/reference/gralloc_8h_source.html

4.1.2 kernel is different than to 4.2.2 kernel, different drivers and GPU

Anthalion

Jul 30, 2014
Any progress so far? My girlfriend has a Galaxy Tab 3, and it's slow as hell. Any progress, and, are there any functional ROM's out there that are functional to boot on this particular device?

I'd be very pleased if you could help me & others get rid of Samsung junks.
Thank you very much. :)

tupolevpilot

Oct 5, 2014
cm10 official

I'm sorry, didn't want to spam by posting everything I do ;)
Building was successfull, booting wasn't :eek: some binaries were missing and some services started that did't work. I think I'll figure it out. I feel like we're getting close to a booting version, but I might be wrong.
It seems fixable though. I can post a flashable (CWM, TWRP probably, too) .zip, in a few hours if you'd like. I reccomend building yourself though (by forking or using my repo on github via local manifest). I don't have the time to explain right now, use the CM-wiki (porting/building) and xda-university, I can go in depth in a few hours...
Reply if you're interested in bug fixing (on this non-booting version using last_kmsg). Otherwise I'll let you know as soon as I have new results.

EDIT: Here is my last kmsg, I think, the crucial part starts at line 650. It's stuck at the Samsung logo at boot. I'll continue later, gotta work :angel:

Will the official version ever come out, i really want a working cyanogenmod. Thanks

akariz

Apr 5, 2017
Any progress so far? My girlfriend has a Galaxy Tab 3, and it's slow as hell. Any progress, and, are there any functional ROM's out there that are functional to boot on this particular device?

I'd be very pleased if you could help me & others get rid of Samsung junks.
Thank you very much. :)

Dude ... loads of ROMs in forum + bloatware removal addons!!!
You just have to read and try all Customs ROMs that suits you and also leave comments in order to make the work of those that spent x amount of hours building this ROMs worth it !

Remember... you will also b contributing toward those people that came into the forum and are not afraid to click the 'search button' and do a bit of reading.
Alternatively you could always send your girlfriend down here and do a bit of reading of her own. Who knows she might even build a custom ROM of her own and share with us all.:rolleyes:

isanchez340

Mar 11, 2013
El Paso
I don't think so, this device was never any good due to the processor that it had and the bad source code provided by samsung, the only cm rom that ever came out ran really hot and if I remember correctly slow too and would drain the battery in sleep mode.

TecaHolyc

Sep 18, 2015
You may be able to help me I have SM t210 as well

Hey, i've got a T210. When you need the log also from this devices let me know.
I try to run your code on adb. But there is an error. Cat is unknown.
But i can give you the hole system info when you want.

By any chance do you have the information that quoted above still sir? I also have an SM -T210 and I'd really appreciate it if I could get that information from you if so. Thank you.:fingers-crossed:

Top Liked Posts