• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 not charging

Search This thread

NJ_RAMS_FAN

Sep 28, 2011
North Bergen, NJ
Thats about the same thing that happened to me.. I was doing homework and i using my tablet for research and for some tunes, when it got to 4%. So i plugged it in thinking it was charging. I went to go back on and it was 3%. I was really confused so i restarted it and plugged it back in. Still, nothing. The next day i went and took it back and got a new one. I actually got 22.00 left over.

I had this issue for quite some time. I called samsung and they didn't believe me but finally agree to look at it. But now it hasn't done it in 3 days. Wtf. Lol why them not change anything. Wonder if I should just keep it. I was trying to get a video of the issue.

edit: sending it back. the battery just jumped from 49 to 100%. that can't be right..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

mjnk63629

Jan 3, 2011
i found a temporary solution : connect your tablet to charger above 20 % and it will begin to respond and charge , im testing it for few days now and its working .

new-noob

Jan 2, 2012
here
tried that.. lol. I have a video that shows 32% and it didn't start charging.. :) I once noticed it at 60ish %.. cant remember.. The tablet is currently on it way to samsung service..

hey,

1. If tab is not charging turn it off / reboot and connect to charger - should work , works on my any way :)

2. Question to you - what ROM & kernel are you running ?
- is this issue only on stock ? or custom kernel? Like I'm running stock ROM + custom kernel and have same issue for a month where tab is 4months old , very strange :)

NJ_RAMS_FAN

Sep 28, 2011
North Bergen, NJ
hey,

1. If tab is not charging turn it off / reboot and connect to charger - should work , works on my any way :)

2. Question to you - what ROM & kernel are you running ?
- is this issue only on stock ? or custom kernel? Like I'm running stock ROM + custom kernel and have same issue for a month where tab is 4months old , very strange :)

1. yes, i know it works but it shouldn't be doing that! lol.. annoying.. plus I have a feeling that was causing my battery to give me sporadic reading. at one point it went from 49 to 100% in 2 mins. then loss 50% in 20 minutes..

2. stock rom. all stock.. never rooted this one..

new-noob

Jan 2, 2012
here
1. yes, i know it works but it shouldn't be doing that! lol.. annoying.. plus I have a feeling that was causing my battery to give me sporadic reading. at one point it went from 49 to 100% in 2 mins. then loss 50% in 20 minutes..

--it is annoying specialy when you don't know when it might happen :) my tab goes couple of days OK and then battery percentage going crazy
But noticed that when keeping bat.level above 20% works fine (mjnk noticed that too so might be the solution) or you can try resetting bettery memory?

--Just saw your signature , wife's tab , no need to overclock etc :)

NJ_RAMS_FAN

Sep 28, 2011
North Bergen, NJ
--it is annoying specialy when you don't know when it might happen :) my tab goes couple of days OK and then battery percentage going crazy
But noticed that when keeping bat.level above 20% works fine (mjnk noticed that too so might be the solution) or you can try resetting bettery memory?

--Just saw your signature , wife's tab , no need to overclock etc :)

haha.. yea.. she didn't want me to root her s4 either..

Isnaiter

Dec 7, 2012
Oh hell, I will go to Apple after that, fml. Same problem here. I'm in Hungary and bought mine in Germany, what I need to do?

#Edit

Haha, my tablet just back to normal.. I think that magnetic cases is wrecking the tablets, mine was fine until I put that sht on it.

Last edited:

NJ_RAMS_FAN

Sep 28, 2011
North Bergen, NJ
Just got an email that my tablet is repaired. Looks like they replaced data link USB cable and unit usb fpcb. Looks like same parts replaced for another member on here.

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Free mobile app

Bust_Ed

Aug 31, 2013
Got same problem. Tried several ROMs, thought it ROM-related, returned to stock - same problem here. Seems, it's need to be repaired... Wonder, how long will it take in Russia

tthoma

Sep 13, 2012
North Carolina
Oh man, that does suck. Mine has behaved since the repair. But I think you should still have a couple weeks of wty, Tab 3 wasn't released until early July IIRC

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

techman300

Jul 26, 2014
Galaxy Tab 3 not charging Fix

1: Have tablet and the 2.1 amp charger with you.
2: Do not connect the charger to the device or wall socket.
3: Without charger, press and hold the power button for 60 seconds.
4. Just in case, if device starts to turn on, release power button. It normally won't on this step.
5. Then connect the charger to the tablet first and then into a working wall socket. No power-stripe, or extension cords. Wall Socket only.
6: Don't press any buttons on the tablet. Within 60 seconds the battery indicator light should come on.
7: If you see the battery charging indicator light, leave tablet connected for at least 3 minutes before trying to boot the tablet on.
8: Now after 3 minutes of charging, press and hold the power button for 60 seconds or until device starts to boot on.
9: Normally it takes about 15 seconds holding the power button but it could take up to 60 but not likely.
10: As soon as the device starts turning on release the power button immediately. Device should boot into Android OS.
11: If you notice that your Tablet is still not keeping a charge or starts turning itself off, a factory reset should been done.
12: Remember to make sure you sync your accounts and backup data if you choose too.
13: Then Go to settings and backup and reset and Make Sure you uncheck the Automatic Restore Box.
14: If the issue that is causing the power issues is within an app then you will just restore that issue back on to your device.
15: Then tap factory reset, reset device and ok to delete all data.

This should help you out tremendously.

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

1: Have tablet and the 2.1 amp charger with you.
2: Do not connect the charger to the device or wall socket.
3: Without charger, press and hold the power button for 60 seconds.
4. Just in case, if device starts to turn on, release power button. It normally won't on this step.
5. Then connect the charger to the tablet first and then into a working wall socket. No power-stripe, or extension cords. Wall Socket only.
6: Don't press any buttons on the tablet. Within 60 seconds the battery indicator light should come on.
7: If you see the battery charging indicator light, leave tablet connected for at least 3 minutes before trying to boot the tablet on.
8: Now after 3 minutes of charging, press and hold the power button for 60 seconds or until device starts to boot on.
9: Normally it takes about 15 seconds holding the power button but it could take up to 60 but not likely.
10: As soon as the device starts turning on release the power button immediately. Device should boot into Android OS.
11: If you notice that your Tablet is still not keeping a charge or starts turning itself off, a factory reset should been done.
12: Remember to make sure you sync your accounts and backup data if you choose too.
13: Then Go to settings and backup and reset and Make Sure you uncheck the Automatic Restore Box.
14: If the issue that is causing the power issues is within an app then you will just restore that issue back on to your device.
15: Then tap factory reset, reset device and ok to delete all data.

This should help you out tremendously.

Gruna Stramen

Sep 22, 2014
hi all,
device was working fine until kitkat.
now, there is more chance it wont charge than it will.
should i take it to service or just restart it every time i want to charge?
also, since tab was ok prior to kitkat do you think it might be an app making problems?
thanks!
Gruna

mgcrol

Mar 26, 2011
i had the same problem, device wasn't charging at all, i tried everything, then one person told me to replace the usb terminal inside my device, that part cost 40$ online, i managed to replace it myself without any problems, now its charging fine, i dont think thats your case but if anyone has this problem you can consider this another solution..

Reactions: solnyshok

jollog

Jun 16, 2015
Replace the usb port

Experienced the same problem.
Fixed by replacing the usb port as suggested in this post.
Part cost 10$ aus including postage (thanks china)
The hardest part was getting cover off tablet.

Reactions: solnyshok

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi guys i'm new to the tab 3

i have some issue first the volume up and volume down

second problem the usb charging i want it make it charge

and i have an update it's 22 mega is any one recived it

i'm not a noob but i'm new please reply me

and it has ''safe mode'' and i restarted it but it didn't go away

Don't hijack posts or post the same question over and over. I replied to your other thread. :good:
    I received the Tab and now is working fine. They did some software fix.
    Guys: mine went to service 2 times. The second time they replace the main board. Is working fine so far. If you are encountering this problem, make sure the replace hardware, this is not a software issue.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk 4
    Hey guys . I have same problem any solution and fw update from Samsung. I already raise 1 request on samsung web site but nobody feedback :(((

If the process that I outline do not work, send it to samsung service. They replace the main board for my t310

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
    i had the same problem, device wasn't charging at all, i tried everything, then one person told me to replace the usb terminal inside my device, that part cost 40$ online, i managed to replace it myself without any problems, now its charging fine, i dont think thats your case but if anyone has this problem you can consider this another solution..