Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 SM-T520 Rom Request

Search This thread

Shaheer

May 22, 2013
Richmond
Hello all,

I have a galaxy tab pro 10.1 2014. Model SM-t520 and I couldn't find any sort of rom for this tablet. Can someone please tell me if there is a compatible rom for the SM-T520? If not could someone please make one possibly :eek: I'm willing to donate if needed. Please! Much appreciated!

Thanks!

Reactions: imwell

Shaheer

May 22, 2013
Richmond
Hello all,

I have a galaxy tab pro 10.1 2014. Model SM-t520 and I couldn't find any sort of rom for this tablet. Can someone please tell me if there is a compatible rom for the SM-T520? If not could someone please make one possibly :eek: I'm willing to donate if needed. Please! Much appreciated!

Thanks!

Any one??? Would there be any other rom I could use for this device? Please help me out.

Shaheer

May 22, 2013
Richmond
To my knowledge there are no ROMS because the 10.1 does not share the same architecture with the 8.4 (I am not a developer). That being said, there are multiple devices out there that use the Exynos architecture (http://www.samsung.com/global/business/semiconductor/minisite/Exynos/showcase.html) so I believe it is only a matter of time.

Thanks for the reply! So basically there is no rom because there is a differeynt architecture. Could I possibly flash the Galaxy Tab 2 rom or something like that? See the problem is that many of games lag and the tablet gets warm. Home screen also has lag.

jcbennett

Aug 26, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Thanks for the reply! So basically there is no rom because there is a differeynt architecture. Could I possibly flash the Galaxy Tab 2 rom or something like that? See the problem is that many of games lag and the tablet gets warm. Home screen also has lag.
I would caution against flashing any ROM not specifically for this device.

Rickdaddy

Nov 5, 2011
dunno about the 10.1, but I'd donate to have a rom for 12.2 (might be possible to share 10.1 with the 12.2 since they have the same processors?).

EhHowzit808

Feb 1, 2012
Same here. I can't wait to have a new rom for my 10.1
It makes me sick to use it with all the overloaded software. :(

You can actually "turn off" some of the pre-installed apps without rooting. Go to Settings --> General --> Application manager.

However, not all of then can be turned off. Most of the "Samsung" apps could be turned off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Free mobile app

pAp4gE1

Jul 23, 2009
You can actually "turn off" some of the pre-installed apps without rooting. Go to Settings --> General --> Application manager.

However, not all of then can be turned off. Most of the "Samsung" apps could be turned off.

Yeah, I know. But it is still not the same :eek:

Last edited:

Shaheer

May 22, 2013
Richmond

Yeah that's true, but I still think that the tablet would be much smoother with cyanogenmod or another rom.

eowindel

Dec 8, 2010
Paris
Hello ik4evr,

I write you here because i have not posting enough to be able to write in the rom section...

I want to thank you, i flash your ROM without problem it was exactly what i need to have a clean install.

I notice 3 points that occurs for me :

1) The google keyboard APK was not in MyFiles folder, so i took it from the net.
2) ROOT was not working, so i root it again by myself
3) When i check i tablet information the kernel seems to be the samsung original one.

Thanks,

petty500

Jan 22, 2011
Hello ik4evr,

I write you here because i have not posting enough to be able to write in the rom section...

I want to thank you, i flash your ROM without problem it was exactly what i need to have a clean install.

1) The google keyboard APK was not in MyFiles folder, so i took it from the net.
3) When i check i tablet information the kernel seems to be the samsung original one.

Thanks,

I installed the rom after wiping /data /system /dalvik cache /cache. (Selected all except ext-card in Twrp)
Alle went well, but surprise, all my apps were still there.
The system is STATUS SE for Android: Enforcing SFEP-sm-t520-4.4.2_0009. I also have the new kernel which I already had.(cannot check it).
Is this ok?
Thanks for making this rom.

Shaheer

May 22, 2013
Richmond
Hello ik4evr,

Thanks,

Oh ha ha, looks like I forgot to put the google keyboard apk in there. I'll fix that in an update soon. I'm aware of the root issue (now :p). Thanks for reporting the issues. Look for an update soon!

Reactions: jonlad1

eowindel

Dec 8, 2010
Paris
No I don't think that's normal. I'm going to repackage it with the cybertronic kernel. I've got a lot of things to fix so its going to take a bit depending on how much time I get. Thanks for the patience!

Thanks for your hard work. I will go back to stock with my nandroid backup for the moment because of the permission problems which cause too much inconvenient for me. And I will test your V2 when it will be ready :victory:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok thanks.

And for the kernel is it normal that it does not show cybertronic V5 in information system?

No I don't think that's normal. I'm going to repackage it with the cybertronic kernel. I've got a lot of things to fix so its going to take a bit depending on how much time I get. Thanks for the patience!
    Hello all,

Thanks!
    Hello ik4evr,

Thanks,

Oh ha ha, looks like I forgot to put the google keyboard apk in there. I'll fix that in an update soon. I'm aware of the root issue (now :p). Thanks for reporting the issues. Look for an update soon!
    In fact i installed FolderMount [ROOT] as @RagingHarry advise and i have no more permission problems + flash of cybertronic V5, all is perfect i'm happy with this ROM :highfive:
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone