Galaxy Tab S USB Problems

Search This thread

AZNguyen

Apr 8, 2012
I got the OTA update for my Galaxy Tab S 10.5 to Android 6.0.1. Ever since installing it I've been having USB issues from not charging and not being detected in Windows 10. Whenever I plug an USB cable it shows the battery icon with a red X, no matter what cable or charger I use. It also does this in Windows. I installed the Samsung drivers and neither Odin or Kies can detect it. Device Manger doesn't show any unknown device or the tablet. The only way I can charge it now is to turn it off and leave it overnight. This gets maybe 6-8% charge. I've also tried factory reset, but same issue. Is this tablet pretty much done for now?

Tinderbox (UK)

Mar 31, 2010
England, UK
If you have not been able to charge to 100% even though you have tried a number of cables and chargers then it looks like you battery has gone bad.

A battery can just die just by going to low, it might have been weak and this was the straw that broke it`s back, I found my T800 battery dead the other week it would not turn on, a bad app had drained it overnight, luckily i charged to 100% and it seems to be fine.

You can get replacement battery`s on eBay for like $10 and tool kits for like $4 and there are lots of youtube video`s on how to replace the battery it looks easy.

I already have my replacement battery and tool kit ready for when my battery goes bad as they all do eventually and i love my 10.5" too much for a dead battery to stop me using it for long.

Here`s my Kit, I have posted this photo a few times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s46NaOnx3iM

b8fbjgJ.jpg

John.

Last edited:
Reactions: furntree

AZNguyen

Apr 8, 2012
I tried the methods above minus opening it. I left it plugged into my PC for half a week and came back to it. Randomly decided to start working as if none of this ever happened. When I turned it back on it was still stuck at 34%, but it now showed a charging icon instead of a red X. I've been using it on all different chargers so far and no issues.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you have not been able to charge to 100% even though you have tried a number of cables and chargers then it looks like you battery has gone bad.

A battery can just die just by going to low, it might have been weak and this was the straw that broke it`s back, I found my T800 battery dead the other week it would not turn on, a bad app had drained it overnight, luckily i charged to 100% and it seems to be fine.

You can get replacement battery`s on eBay for like $10 and tool kits for like $4 and there are lots of youtube video`s on how to replace the battery it looks easy.

I already have my replacement battery and tool kit ready for when my battery goes bad as they all do eventually and i love my 10.5" too much for a dead battery to stop me using it for long.

Here`s my Kit, I have posted this photo a few times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s46NaOnx3iM

b8fbjgJ.jpg

John.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone