• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Galaxy Tab S2 thoughts?

Search This thread

paranoyd1

Jul 2, 2012
Got to agree about the jelly effect. It's horrible! Is there any way to turn it off?

I don't think there is, every single one I have used has the wavy wobble scrolling effect. Except in two conditions. It only occurs in portrait (don't see it in landscape) and only with the 9.7 inch. I tried several 8.0 inch S2's and I don't see it. Although it appears only some people notice it. Before I returned mine a few colleagues at work that have used my 9.7 see it, but my girlfriend who kept her 9.7 S2 doesn't.

Reactions: toenail_flicker

py_martinez

May 22, 2012
TOULON
Xiaomi Mi 10
Can you send me a link with this app please?
I just received my 9.7 device and my first impressions are : much lighter, thinner and reactive ui than my nexus 9!

I am surprised that there are no lags and it's faster than my nexus 9 (without touchwiz! [emoji6] ).

One question please : I have many infos news app (news republic, appy geek...) and games, how stop the ads in app?

Envoyé de mon Nexus 9 en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: Ionut Ciprian

jarayn

Aug 6, 2012
With that app.

It does everything.

I think maybe apps support requires the paid version. But honestly I think it's well worth it.
For unrooted it's by far the best. For rooted, adaway is great too.
The only advantage of adguard over away for root users is that it doesn't leave gaps where the ads were.

Reactions: py_martinez

py_martinez

May 22, 2012
TOULON
Xiaomi Mi 10
With that app.

It does everything.

I think maybe apps support requires the paid version. But honestly I think it's well worth it.
For unrooted it's by far the best. For rooted, adaway is great too.
The only advantage of adguard over away for root users is that it doesn't leave gaps where the ads were.
You are talking of adguard if I have well understood? And of adguard premium if the free version doesn't block the ads in the apps and games I mentioned up.

I use adaway on my rooted HTC m8 phone for years but it is now unable to block the ads in appy geek and news republic apps [emoji35].

jarayn

Aug 6, 2012
Yeah adguard. I have no idea about those apps though sorry . Never heard of them.
Maybe they found a different way to insert ads

Actually I just tried appy geek. I don't see any ads. Where do they show up? Maybe I haven't used it for long enough.

Last edited:

toenail_flicker

Dec 18, 2011
That's exactly what I did. Although for ads I find I much prefer adguard now, perfect adblocking that doesn't leave the gap like adaway. No root needed.

I use adblock and prefer root. It's not only about the ads. All my devices are rooted. ☺

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

I don't think there is, every single one I have used has the wavy wobble scrolling effect. Except in two conditions. It only occurs in portrait (don't see it in landscape) and only with the 9.7 inch.

That's bad news my 9.7 is arriving tomorrow for testing. Looks like it will be returned. Too bad. If mine isn't jelly / wavy looking I'll report back as to what my settings are, just in case it helps.

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

Are you talking about adblock plus?

Look up "adblock big tin can".

py_martinez

May 22, 2012
TOULON
Xiaomi Mi 10
Yeah adguard. I have no idea about those apps though sorry . Never heard of them.
Maybe they found a different way to insert ads

Actually I just tried appy geek. I don't see any ads. Where do they show up? Maybe I haven't used it for long enough.
You are trying "appy geek", cool! [emoji6] usually it takes 24 hours to display ads...

3 years that I use this app but first year I am unable to stop ads[emoji35] !

"News republic" is from the same editor, and same ads!

One question : the content is in your language ? I don't know if it's only a French app because few people only know it on xda...[emoji45]

nrage23

I just received my 9.7 device and my first impressions are : much lighter, thinner and reactive ui than my nexus 9!

I am surprised that there are no lags and it's faster than my nexus 9 (without touchwiz! [emoji6] ).

One question please : I have many infos news app (news republic, appy geek...) and games, how stop the ads in app?

It is very easy to stop the ads in both of those apps. You pay for a subscription which removes the ads.

py_martinez

May 22, 2012
TOULON
Xiaomi Mi 10
Or you can try to Google for "adguard premium 2.0.62 apk". That's what i did and i have the premium version. ?
I did! [emoji6]
But "appy geek" app became so "powerful" to display ads this year : adaway can't stop its apps anymore, same thing with adguard premium...

I am not desperated, a solution should exist [emoji6] [emoji35]

ajac

Nov 1, 2007
Have had my s2 9.7 for 24 hours now.. its fast thin light. Wanted an s 8.4 but AT&T sent me this instead. So far so good now just need to find a case.

jarayn

Aug 6, 2012
I did! [emoji6]
But "appy geek" app became so "powerful" to display ads this year : adaway can't stop its apps anymore, same thing with adguard premium...

I am not desperated, a solution should exist [emoji6] [emoji35]

Put a screenshot of the ads please?

I still have not received any ads on mine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The decision to create a section for the Tab S2 is still under review.
    First full rundown, 8-inch LTE version, haven't gotten a new Sim so I just keep it on airplane mode with WiFi turned on.

Mainly did a lot of Web browsing
    Some word document editing
    2 episodes of Mr. Robot
    Couple of YouTube videos.
    Nothing heavy

Antutu score of 54143
    Quite content with my purchase
    I came from the Tab S 8.4 and I must say the S2 8.0 is very good! I have an S6 and the fingerprint unlock works just as fast (100 times better than the S1). I thought the 4:3 aspect ratio would be a problem, but it hasn't been at all. The lower pixel density (compared to the S1) isn't even noticeable. I never use the camera on my tablets, so that doesn't concern me. The lower battery capacity was initially a concern, but the software seems to be optimised enough for me to get about the same life I had with the S1.

The S2 is thin, light, super fast and with my 128GB microSD (plus the 32GB onboard), it is the perfect travel companion for media consumption.

Overall, the original Tab S 8.4 was the best tablet I have ever owned and the S2 is a better allround experience in my eyes (albeit expensive).
    I just got this little beast yesterday. I live in Thailand where it was released about 4 days ago, i paid exactly $451 for the 32gb LTE 8-inch version. In the past 5 years that i have been on and off samsung devices, this is the first time that i notice a smooth, lagless touchwiz experience. Actually, before i even buy any samsung devices i make sure they have been in the market a few months, and there a few customs roms out. This time around samsung did a good job cutting down on the bloatware and the new redesigned touchwiz is surprisingly good.

The 4:3 ratio is perfect for me as i will be using it mainly for school.
    The only thing i am concerned about is battery life, The Huawei Ascend Mate 7, a 6-inch phablet, has a 4100mah battery. This 8-inch tablet has a 4000mah battery.
    Samsung claims:
    9 hours of LTE web browsing,
    10 hours of WIFI web browsing
    14 hours of video.
    Here are my stats for the first 5 hours:
    Turned on with 55%,
    after 5 hours it was sitting at 10% with 3 hours of SOT,
    somewhat heavy usage downloading apps, setting it up, installing everything, and testing it.
    Do you guys think they will upgrade the S2 to Marshmallow? That's basically what's keeping me from buying one at this point...well, that and my indecision between that and the Nexus 9.

If you're a Chrome browser user the N9 is a nightmare. If you're not then it's just an awful tablet. Never again buying a device with a Tegra chipset