Accessories Galaxy Watch 5 - Good news, Bad news

Search This thread

RR-99

Nov 11, 2012
Just got my new Galaxy Watch 5. It looks great, very smooth appearance
Installed it in the usual way after removing all the old apps and starting from scratch including Watch 5 patch.

Good news - Galaxy Wear found the watch straight away and did the bluetooth pairing.
Bad news - Galaxy Wear immediately said "This watch is not supported on this phone."

I'll be having an other go later on, but it's looking like the watch will be going back.

Reactions: lesscro

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
If you have an older copy of Wearables try that after uninstalling the new version. Make sure you get all the apps for the watch.
Firewall block the old version's updates though before opening it... or it will update.

Conversely try updating everything including the watch firmware. Sequence* of your actions here can effect the outcome. Wearables can be quit the terror but I've always gotten my Buds+ to work right, one way or another🤣
Samsung tech may be useful as may Samsung forums. It sucks but so does a lot of things; bennies for success, nothing for failure.

*trial and error, and yes it can take multiple attempts. DO NOT factory reset!
Clearing the system cache and especially a network reset may help. Make sure Wearables has all its permissions, CHECK!!! It will puke on you if it doesn't! No warnings why either🤣

RR-99

Nov 11, 2012
I've been back again, tried everything I learned in getting the Watch 3 to work. But this one is different, it's not like the failures before when something just doesn't work or goes into a loop. This is the first time Galaxy Wear has connected to the Watch and then said definitely that it is not comparible with the phone. I'm having bad feelings about it.

The other thing I would say though is, are Samsung going to sell the Watch 5 into China? If so it should work with Chinese phones - unless it has different firmware.

lesscro

Jul 16, 2007
Paris
Installed it in the usual way after removing all the old apps and starting from scratch including Watch 5 patch.

Good news - Galaxy Wear found the watch straight away and did the bluetooth pairing.
Bad news - Galaxy Wear immediately said "This watch is not supported on this phone."

I'll be having an other go later on, but it's looking like the watch will be going back.

Another horrible news about Vivo Security and policies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.