Galaxy Watch Active 2 44mm SM-R820 Odin Stuck

Search This thread

DJorgio

Mar 22, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Vivo X70 Pro+
@adfree I have been following in hope to unbrick my SM-R830, been trying the non-solder option without much luck so far, but thanks for keeping this thread going with new info.

Do you know, my watch doesn't seem to be charging, I put it on the charger and I get about 10 rows in green which says charging then the final line says escape and then shortly after the watch powers off and I can’t turn it on to see the odin screen until its back on the charger.

I’m also thinking, if it isn’t holding a charge then my usb connection is hopeless, any idea?

Thanks

Attachments

• 20201002_072510.jpg
    20201002_072510.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:

DJorgio

Mar 22, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Vivo X70 Pro+
Thanks everyone for the tips. I just recovered my watch without solder or even openning it. A micro USB cable and some tape were all I needed.
Just wanted to share my experience. Hope it helps someone.

I got stucked in Odin Mode after flashed an incorrect firmware on my watch. I have a SM-R820 and flashed it with a firmware for SM-R830.

I didn't want to damage the watch and I didn't have a connector. I also didn't have a screwdriver to open the watch.
I disassembled a micro USB cable and connected the pins from the micro USB port directly to the cables.
I used a lot of tape to isolate the cables.
I also used a lot of tape to join them.

I grabbed the cable with my hand. I ran Odin and everything worked as expected.

Just a note. If you decide to try this, be very careful: you must not touch the pins, the pins must not touch each other and you need to be very still while flashing the watch.

Edit: Look at the images here

Firstly, congratulations and thank you for sharing.

How did you line the pins up? I have been trying for several days and just cant get a perfect alignment, do you have any tricks or tips? Thanks!

vrivotti

Aug 13, 2020
Firstly, congratulations and thank you for sharing.

How did you line the pins up? I have been trying for several days and just cant get a perfect alignment, do you have any tricks or tips? Thanks!

I didn't use any tricks. The pins were not perfectly aligned, but they were inside the dots and with some pressure I managed to keep them in place while flashing. The most difficult one was the red pin.

Use your finger to keep them still and with the other hand put them in place. I'm sorry, but I don't have a secret recipe.

wasser79

Sep 26, 2020
Flashed the firmware from r-820 to r-830 in the end odin mode. I tried to solder the cable as here in the photo posted but so far without success. Do you have the number of the original engineering cable?

wasser79

Sep 26, 2020
I didn't use any tricks. The pins were not perfectly aligned, but they were inside the dots and with some pressure I managed to keep them in place while flashing. The most difficult one was the red pin.

Use your finger to keep them still and with the other hand put them in place. I'm sorry, but I don't have a secret recipe.

Can you reflash my watch if I send it to you?

DJorgio

Mar 22, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Vivo X70 Pro+
@wasser79

You are from Germany?

Or you are able to understand German?

Write Private Message to me.

@DJorgio

You solved your problem meanwhile?

Best Regards

@adfree Unfortunately I damaged the board, I tried too much without opening it and scratched away some of the pogo pins from the board, its a mess. I wish I had just opened it in the first place since the pins are much easier to get to then.. Hopefully 6/8 months down the road I can get a cheap motherboard and revive it.

wasser79

Sep 26, 2020
@adfree Unfortunately I damaged the board, I tried too much without opening it and scratched away some of the pogo pins from the board, its a mess. I wish I had just opened it in the first place since the pins are much easier to get to then.. Hopefully 6/8 months down the road I can get a cheap motherboard and revive it.

In General, everything was solved easier, I went to the Samsung service center and there I was asked for 7 euros. At the same time, they did it without access to the Board, that is, either there is a key combination that activates wifi on the watch or something else.

JENJEN01

Oct 15, 2020
Is there a 3d file for the ODIN USB Connector cradle ? Securing those connector pins toward the slot of the watch can be implemented using a 3d printed cradle

Anfazus

Oct 31, 2020
@adfree @vrivotti

Guys, im using Galaxy Active2 SM-R820. first i was on tizen 5.5.01, I tried to change the csc with odin but i upload only the AP file and the watch got restarted with PASS msg but my watch works well and connected to phone and tizen 4.0.0.6 is running but i cannot update bcz it says update is up to date.
r820xxu1ashf
r820oxa1cti4
And I was Not able to connect the WiFi its just keep searching or sometimes wifi option is hidden. Even AP mode(wireless) is not working bcz wifi is corrupted i think. My question is is there any method to go back to previous version or do i have to connect to pc by wired usb to go to odin (gone through all the post in this thread)

Last edited:

Anfazus

Oct 31, 2020
Cool idea. :good: :good:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/smartwatch/galaxy-watch/usb-odin-3d-printed-cradle-t4186069

@Anfazus

Sorry for late reply...

Ehm... if you really only flashed AP... then you mixed maybe incompatible files...
Mix of Tizen 4 vs Tizen 5 :eek:

You can check this... but low chance:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/smartwatch/gear-s3/wireless-mode-enter-gear-s3-sm-r760-t3710855

Best Regards

*@adfree I have connected to pc by using own made 4 pin usb and just removed the pogo port and done the job but it was hard to contact the 4 pin... and now i update the firmware... everything works well (Red Green White Black) and Thank you so much i got lots of information in thread.

MatiNs86

Dec 2, 2020
Witam
Mój zegarek trafił do autoryzowanego serwisu i stwierdzili ze trzeba wymienić płytę główna. Czy mnie oszukują? Bo mi sie wydaje ze tak

Joffles

Dec 16, 2020
This is a Great thread going on here, and relates in many ways to my issue,
I purchased a sm-r825F from ebay which turned out to have sm-r-820x live demo loaded,

i have played with odin3 a few times with phones and watches using the direct usb connection, however I didn't want to open up the watch and wanted to try and flash the firmware using netodin3.

i downloaded Netodin3 v1.0 , jump into widi dl mode on the watch, set my watch to ap mode, change my wifi on my laptop to the watch, my watch connects to the laptop, ns displays an ip address, in Netodin3 v1.0 it displays the ip of the watch, i goto my ap bl cp and csc files from version R825FXXU1ASI7 Tizen 4.0.0.6 which acording to Samsung update to the latest

R825FXXU1BTI9
Tizen version : Tizen 5.5.0.1
Release Date : 2020-11-02 which is loaded on a friends watch of the same model from factory,

when i press start the big red box goes to FAIL

what am i doing wrong..... have i missed somthing or does wireless dl not work on this model watch..
$$$$$$$ a few hours more research later, I discovered that the if i am using an md5 file that i only need to use the AP fils since it contains everything else,,,, however,

after successfully reprogramming the watch via wireless with only the AP file i found that the watch still displays LIVE DEMO and only the battery level is displayed, i can get feedback when running my finger around the bezel, and nothing else, but i can still get nack into the dl and dl_wifi menus.... i reflashed the watch 3 more times without any progress.... ideas would be very welcome... thanks

Last edited:

theprochy

Jan 10, 2020
Hey guys,

I recently broke my watch by uploading the wrong firmware. It took me a while to make the right cable, but in the end I succeeded! At first I didn't do very well and I also wanted to give it up. I'm very glad it was fixed.

Attachments

• 20210106_185435.jpg
    20210106_185435.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 299
  • IMG_20210106_161431_674.jpg
    IMG_20210106_161431_674.jpg
    346.6 KB · Views: 319
  • 20210106_185652.jpg
    20210106_185652.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 323
Reactions: galaxys and adfree

luca.picchio

Nov 19, 2007
Greetings to the whole forum. I want to share with you the system I used to recover a bricked R825. I used a plexiglass, the springs of 4 pens and 4 pins. Post the photos here and thank the whole forum for the help received.

Attachments

• 20210205_170319.jpg
    20210205_170319.jpg
    747.5 KB · Views: 306
  • 20210205_170559.jpg
    20210205_170559.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 296
  • 20210204_180259.jpg
    20210204_180259.jpg
    669.6 KB · Views: 341
  • 20210204_180253.jpg
    20210204_180253.jpg
    722.6 KB · Views: 346
  • 20210204_180158.jpg
    20210204_180158.jpg
    691.4 KB · Views: 388

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Greetings to the whole forum. I want to share with you the system I used to recover a bricked R825. I used a plexiglass, the springs of 4 pens and 4 pins. Post the photos here and thank the whole forum for the help received.
    Take it to samsung service centre and ACT Dumb!

Hi, I have a SM-R820 and for mistake I flashed a incorret firmware (SM-R830) and now my watch it's bricked (?), It will allow me tho se the boot menu but all the options take me to the same screen, so I can't use the Download wireless again to reflash another firmware, please help it's brand new or some ideas? :D

Thank you in advance.

*I Tried to attach images but the forum wont allow me jet*

Why not take it back to Samsung service center and play dumb that i don't know what happened an update came and after update, this happened. Now u guys fix it. As it is charging and not broken. Let them figure out what the hell is wrong or replace it. As you can't get it to recovery mode. Providing SM820 Combination firmware and stock won't help here.
    The connection does not work. Look at the pictures.
    39182d73ed9a.jpg

d648ed141642.jpg

30aafa97cc87.png

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

@Ura535

Any progress?
    :confused:

If connection not work... then maybe switch green and white cable...

ONLY! if in Device Manager from Windows unknown device plop out...

Best Regards

Now I will try to change the white green places.

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

@Ura535

Any progress?
    :confused:

If connection not work... then maybe switch green and white cable...

ONLY! if in Device Manager from Windows unknown device plop out...

Best Regards

It works now.
    @davigar

Soldered wires?

Or solderless?

Thanx.

Photo(s) are welcome. ;)

Best Regards

Solderless, I made the same cable that made m0fly92 without disassembling the watch.

I bent the pins to match the contacts and I filed them to leave them all at the same height, just connect it recognized by odin and flashed it without errors
    Thank you very much user vrivotti. :cool: :good:

Photos not from me, but from user:
    vrivotti

I have only attached the Photos here.

Thank you.
    Really good idea. :good:

Best Regards