Galaxy Watch Active 2 Features - (SpO2) - Measure Blood Oxygen

Search This thread

adfree

Jun 14, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4

AFE4920 versus AFE4930

This is 1 reason why it not work on GWA2...

And remember ECG was disabled before Tizen 4.0.0.8 Firmwares...
Sams.ng spend enough time to crippled/block/kastriert/removed/disabled Driver Support...

Only as tiny info...

Best regards

Reactions: xaser66 and galaxys

hamid.seyedani

Oct 7, 2013
Tehran
سلام دوست من راه انداختی قابلیت اندازه گیری اکسیژن رو؟
سلام نه بابا این یارو آلمانیه که آی دیش ادفری هست داره روش کار میکنه کار که چه عرض کنم هر از چند گاهی میاد یه سری کصشر مینویسه میره من فقط تونستم با اراجیفش ساعتو روت کنم ولی به هیچ کاری نیومده این روت کردن ساعت فقط با یه سری تغییرات توی اپلیکیشن یه ویدجت سنجش اکسیژن خون رو فعال کرده که کارم نمیکنه
اون سامسونگ تخمی هم که فقط دنبال فروش ساعت واچ 3 بعید میدونم بیاد روی اکتیو2 به صورت رسمی سنجش اکسیژن خون رو راه بندازه گرچه که اینم فقط کرمه بعد که بیاد روی ساعت مثل فشار خون و نوار قلب به هیچ دردی نمی خوره کل استفاده من از ساعت شده ببینم کی زنگ زده یا چی زرزر کرده...همین
می خوام بفروشمش از شرش راحت شم

Jess99

Jan 28, 2021
Hey guys.. i was reading about the Samsung Watch 2 (my watch) and i can't find the widget.(Stress monitor) (I'm from Canada, Qc. So it's normal as i can see.) But can someone help me to find a loophole please ? I even called samsung, but they were not very helping and not so nice to be honest.

Thank you xo -Jess

sullivan2002

Sep 6, 2006
Yes the Active 2 has the same hardware as watch 3. You can even test the SpO2 sensor in the test menu in the Active 2.

Samsung has done some hard work to make watch 3s SpO2 software to not work on Active 2 though

Yes very bad thing about Samsung, I do not understand, they must go f.....
Maybe we need a cooked rom but I don't think it is the same as a smartphone.

sullivan2002

Sep 6, 2006
Yes the Active 2 has the same hardware as watch 3. You can even test the SpO2 sensor in the test menu in the Active 2.

Samsung has done some hard work to make watch 3s SpO2 software to not work on Active 2 though

I didn't buy the Watch 3 cause I don't like it, it is heavier and I cannot put the silicone cover on it as I do on my Active 2. These mainly they are watches for health use, I don't need a normal watch, for that I would spend on other types of watches, SO For this reason, I don't understand why they don't put SPo2 on Active 2 which is meant for this purpose

Reactions: galaxys

sullivan2002

Sep 6, 2006
I once read an article on reddit saying that Sp02 sensor Active 2 weaker than Watch 3 Therefore, Samsung has not enabled the Sp02 feature

But why they did this it's funny cause Active 2 was born mainly by those who want a sports watch and to measure health parameters. It's nosense W3 is thought of as a "normal" smart watch

Luchs

Oct 16, 2010
Hi,
I have read a lot of things, but I could not get any real information whether it is possible to measure the spo2 function with the Galaxy Active 2.

And if so, the instructions on how to activate it are missing, because I only understood that the function is switched off in the software and otherwise identical to the watch 3, which can.

HLMikels

Feb 13, 2021
I had previously left this issue in the form of a comment Here, but I think that considering solved the issue of BP/ECG, it is better to have a separate thread for this issue.

It may have been forgotten, but according to previous samsung's announcements about regarding the ending of the ability to measure blood oxygen in the previous phone models, Samsung uses a blood oxygen sensor to measure stress level right now whether on cell phones with this sensor or on the galaxy watch /GW active/GW active2 / or other Models.
So we can be sure that this sensor is already embedded on the watches!
another reason is the measurement of blood pressure by the watch because the method of measuring blood pressure is obtained by combining the measurement of heart rate and blood oxygen with special formulas based on my research!
So it is clear that "samsung" will not enable this feature right now (or maybe never) (Remember: like enablting touch bezel on galaxy watch Active!) to sell more galaxy watch 3 !
because in the galaxy watch active 2 sales advertisements, there was no claim by Samsung to measure the amount of oxygen in the blood, and only the ECG was mentioned that now launched!
From now on, friends who are active in this field may be able to port this feature to galaxy watch/GW active/GW active 2/other models/ by extracting related files and create moded shealth tpk or creating a moded ROM.
I hope and thank them in advance for their efforts
sorry for bad english because i am from "iran" that NOT Terorist :laugh: just oppressed :(
No apologies needed and thank you for the information!

DoctorTR

Feb 15, 2021
I hope someone smarter than me can crack this problem and spread the fix to make SPO2 sensor work on Active2 Watch. Samsung is acting like *ssholes to block this good feature just to sell more expensive (and heavy) Watch3. This feature could be valuable to detect sleep apnea and low SP02 in Covid-19 virus cases.

hamid.seyedani

Oct 7, 2013
Tehran
Eventually, after the Iranian government's reluctance to not buy the vaccine on time, I also contracted corona virus, and according to my doctor's advice, I had to check my blood oxygen level regularly, and I had to pay $ 30 to buy a separate device. This post is a reminder that Samsung could have simply added the ability to measure blood oxygen to the Active2 watch with an update, but it did not.

sullivan2002

Sep 6, 2006
Eventually, after the Iranian government's reluctance to not buy the vaccine on time, I also contracted corona virus, and according to my doctor's advice, I had to check my blood oxygen level regularly, and I had to pay $ 30 to buy a separate device. This post is a reminder that Samsung could have simply added the ability to measure blood oxygen to the Active2 watch with an update, but it did not.
Sorry Hamid, hope you stay well. They are crazy cause now if it will came out the Active 3, I will not buy.

Reactions: iainmann

73sydney

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I hope someone smarter than me can crack this problem and spread the fix to make SPO2 sensor work on Active2 Watch. Samsung is acting like *ssholes to block this good feature just to sell more expensive (and heavy) Watch3. This feature could be valuable to detect sleep apnea and low SP02 in Covid-19 virus cases.
    Tiny correction.

We removed few Security "locks" to make Blood Oxygen "visible"...
    But Measurement NOT work yet.

Best Regards
    I had previously left this issue in the form of a comment Here, but I think that considering solved the issue of BP/ECG, it is better to have a separate thread for this issue.

It may have been forgotten, but according to previous samsung's announcements about regarding the ending of the ability to measure blood oxygen in the previous phone models, Samsung uses a blood oxygen sensor to measure stress level right now whether on cell phones with this sensor or on the galaxy watch /GW active/GW active2 / or other Models.
    So we can be sure that this sensor is already embedded on the watches!
    another reason is the measurement of blood pressure by the watch because the method of measuring blood pressure is obtained by combining the measurement of heart rate and blood oxygen with special formulas based on my research!
    So it is clear that "samsung" will not enable this feature right now (or maybe never) (Remember: like enablting touch bezel on galaxy watch Active!) to sell more galaxy watch 3 !
    because in the galaxy watch active 2 sales advertisements, there was no claim by Samsung to measure the amount of oxygen in the blood, and only the ECG was mentioned that now launched!
    From now on, friends who are active in this field may be able to port this feature to galaxy watch/GW active/GW active 2/other models/ by extracting related files and create moded shealth tpk or creating a moded ROM.
    I hope and thank them in advance for their efforts
    sorry for bad english because i am from "iran" that NOT Terorist :laugh: just oppressed :(
    I hope so, quickly I will change the rom on it, cause now I have LTE on, EPP on ECG on SPay on and I need also SPo2 on
    I once read an article on reddit saying that Sp02 sensor Active 2 weaker than Watch 3 Therefore, Samsung has not enabled the Sp02 feature

AFE4920 versus AFE4930

This is 1 reason why it not work on GWA2...

And remember ECG was disabled before Tizen 4.0.0.8 Firmwares...
    Sams.ng spend enough time to crippled/block/kastriert/removed/disabled Driver Support...

Only as tiny info...

Best regards