Galaxy Watch Active 2 Features - (SpO2) - Measure Blood Oxygen

Search This thread

hamid.seyedani

Oct 7, 2013
Tehran
I had previously left this issue in the form of a comment Here, but I think that considering solved the issue of BP/ECG, it is better to have a separate thread for this issue.

It may have been forgotten, but according to previous samsung's announcements about regarding the ending of the ability to measure blood oxygen in the previous phone models, Samsung uses a blood oxygen sensor to measure stress level right now whether on cell phones with this sensor or on the galaxy watch /GW active/GW active2 / or other Models.
So we can be sure that this sensor is already embedded on the watches!
another reason is the measurement of blood pressure by the watch because the method of measuring blood pressure is obtained by combining the measurement of heart rate and blood oxygen with special formulas based on my research!
So it is clear that "samsung" will not enable this feature right now (or maybe never) (Remember: like enablting touch bezel on galaxy watch Active!) to sell more galaxy watch 3 !
because in the galaxy watch active 2 sales advertisements, there was no claim by Samsung to measure the amount of oxygen in the blood, and only the ECG was mentioned that now launched!
From now on, friends who are active in this field may be able to port this feature to galaxy watch/GW active/GW active 2/other models/ by extracting related files and create moded shealth tpk or creating a moded ROM.
I hope and thank them in advance for their efforts
sorry for bad english because i am from "iran" that NOT Terorist :laugh: just oppressed :(

Last edited:

adfree

Jun 14, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Samsung Galaxy S22
Blood Oxygen is NO Stand Alone App like BP and/or ECG...

It is inside Samsung Health TPK... :rolleyes:

Many unknown things...

Activated/deactivated by Samsung Health (Phone APK)
:confused:

And/or Plugin

:confused: :confused:

Samsu.g spent so much time to kick customers between legs... :D

I have no GW3, otherwise research could be faster...

I am working on this,, but no ehm slow progress...

For instance I am waiting for CTH8 Firmware for Rooting... :D

Best Regards

Reactions: xaser66

sixtybi

Dec 14, 2011
Dear friends
It finaly done by @adfree in this post

I could also enable the widget thanks to @adfree 's post you mentioned.
But measurement is not working.
As I see in your attached picture it was working for you. Did you do anything else this to work?
I can see the red light using the redbutt.bat, I can see the widget, but when I start measure, I don't see the led and after a while if just quits and measure nothing.

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

I guess this will be the problem:

sensor_internal.cpp: sensord_get_default_sensor(206) > Invalid type(SPO2_MONITOR_SENSOR)

From /opt/var/log/dlog/system

adfree

Jun 14, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Samsung Galaxy S22
@sixtybi

Only 1 user is doing hard research...

No final Solution... :(

Tests are only possible on rooted Watch...
Because Security and "Driver" related "things" missing/disabled...

"We" could increase speed and chance... if somebody with GW3 would support our Research...

THe main sensor handler is ;

/usr/bin/sensord

All sensor activation from shealth , hr, etc are passed through that sensord process.

Upon startup, sensord loads every lib files you drop at /usr/lib/sensor/* which include libsensor-hal.so

libsensor.hal.so defines / creates all sensor activation of the watch. But technically there is no RED LED definition inside that file.

There is a small program inside to test sensor;

/usr/bin/sensorctl

This can be ran manually ran using shell

/usr/bin/sensorctl test hrm_led_red
/usr/bin.sensorctll test hrm_led_green

The green test activates the green led, red test returns an error because there is no definition of red led inside libsensor-hal.so thus cannot activate red led

Maybe there is libsensor-hal.so file somewhere out there with red led routines inside ....

Only as info...

Best Regards

Reactions: xaser66

sixtybi

Dec 14, 2011
@sixtybi

Only 1 user is doing hard research...

No final Solution... :(

Tests are only possible on rooted Watch...
Because Security and "Driver" related "things" missing/disabled...

"We" could increase speed and chance... if somebody with GW3 would support our Research...

Only as info...

Best Regards

I kept your rooted ROM, most for these optional features.
But I am very happy with it as BP, ECG, Samsung pay, SHM to SH sync, all of these are working fine. Thanks!
This Blood Oxygen would be really great! Unfortunately I only have GWA2, not GW3, otherwise I would do some research for us.

Reactions: sullivan2002

gman901

Feb 11, 2011
I see the blood oxygen widget on the phone app. When I add the widget to my active 2 watch and save it, it doesn't show up on my watch and the widget is again available to add (showing a green plus sign by it). I'm not sure how I can this widget but I would like to see if it actually works.

dodo1515

Oct 22, 2013
Curepipe
I see the blood oxygen widget on the phone app. When I add the widget to my active 2 watch and save it, it doesn't show up on my watch and the widget is again available to add (showing a green plus sign by it). I'm not sure how I can this widget but I would like to see if it actually works.

Which firmware is on your watch?could you make a screenshot and post it?
L got the same thing for the first when upgraded to 5.5 tizen...l was unable to replicate that after l reset the watch..even l also downgrade and update again...l think they forgot to remove it from the firmware..there may be a way to activate it..l mean in this firmware. @adfree may be the redsensor is activated in this firmware..:confused:

gman901

Feb 11, 2011
Below is my watch app showing available widgets. In the middle is the Blood Oxygen widget which the watch won't let me add. I believe my watch is fully updated. Also, I am missing my Stair widget. Where did that go?

Techsect

Nov 8, 2020
Hey galaxy active 2 has the red led sensors. Just go to test mode by dialing *#0*# then go to HRM than go to EOL. As soon as you touch EOL . All the sensors at back will start blinking including the Red led .

sixtybi

Dec 14, 2011
Hey galaxy active 2 has the red led sensors. Just go to test mode by dialing *#0*# then go to HRM than go to EOL. As soon as you touch EOL . All the sensors at back will start blinking including the Red led .

Yes, but it is still not working from the application. Or do you have any solution for that too?

Jack__123

Dec 26, 2020
Hi,

I'm a complete noob to rooting and hacking a device in general, but I'd LOVE to have oxygen saturation on my Galaxy Watch Active 2, especially since it's definitely possible (as tested before). If I may be of any service in providing information about the Galaxy Watch Active 2, since I own one, I'd be more than happy to do that. I will check this page once every week or so to check the progress on getting the apk/hack-file for the oxygen saturation on the Galaxy Watch Active 2. I really, really hope someone figures that out.

Cheers,

Jack

Mohammadnaderii

Jan 13, 2021
سلام دوست من راه انداختی قابلیت اندازه گیری اکسیژن رو؟

Last edited:

sullivan2002

Sep 6, 2006
Hi to all,
I have an Active 2 and also interested on SPo2.
Does the Samsung Watch 3 hardware the same of Samsung Active 2?
I mean, if the hardware is the same, maybe it could be possible to have also SPo2.

Who knows?

Matttis

Nov 11, 2012
It seems to have become pretty quiet regarding this topic. I guess it's not possible?

defeat2

Jun 20, 2009
Yes the Active 2 has the same hardware as watch 3. You can even test the SpO2 sensor in the test menu in the Active 2.

Samsung has done some hard work to make watch 3s SpO2 software to not work on Active 2 though

Reactions: sullivan2002

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I hope someone smarter than me can crack this problem and spread the fix to make SPO2 sensor work on Active2 Watch. Samsung is acting like *ssholes to block this good feature just to sell more expensive (and heavy) Watch3. This feature could be valuable to detect sleep apnea and low SP02 in Covid-19 virus cases.
    Tiny correction.

We removed few Security "locks" to make Blood Oxygen "visible"...
    But Measurement NOT work yet.

Best Regards
    I had previously left this issue in the form of a comment Here, but I think that considering solved the issue of BP/ECG, it is better to have a separate thread for this issue.

It may have been forgotten, but according to previous samsung's announcements about regarding the ending of the ability to measure blood oxygen in the previous phone models, Samsung uses a blood oxygen sensor to measure stress level right now whether on cell phones with this sensor or on the galaxy watch /GW active/GW active2 / or other Models.
    So we can be sure that this sensor is already embedded on the watches!
    another reason is the measurement of blood pressure by the watch because the method of measuring blood pressure is obtained by combining the measurement of heart rate and blood oxygen with special formulas based on my research!
    So it is clear that "samsung" will not enable this feature right now (or maybe never) (Remember: like enablting touch bezel on galaxy watch Active!) to sell more galaxy watch 3 !
    because in the galaxy watch active 2 sales advertisements, there was no claim by Samsung to measure the amount of oxygen in the blood, and only the ECG was mentioned that now launched!
    From now on, friends who are active in this field may be able to port this feature to galaxy watch/GW active/GW active 2/other models/ by extracting related files and create moded shealth tpk or creating a moded ROM.
    I hope and thank them in advance for their efforts
    sorry for bad english because i am from "iran" that NOT Terorist :laugh: just oppressed :(
    I hope so, quickly I will change the rom on it, cause now I have LTE on, EPP on ECG on SPay on and I need also SPo2 on
    I once read an article on reddit saying that Sp02 sensor Active 2 weaker than Watch 3 Therefore, Samsung has not enabled the Sp02 feature

AFE4920 versus AFE4930

This is 1 reason why it not work on GWA2...

And remember ECG was disabled before Tizen 4.0.0.8 Firmwares...
    Sams.ng spend enough time to crippled/block/kastriert/removed/disabled Driver Support...

Only as tiny info...

Best regards