• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Galaxy Watch Active 2 r820 strange brick (black screen) on newest 5.5.0.2 firmware

Search This thread

fenderstrc

Apr 10, 2015
Hello! Warning post for those who has r820 manufactured in august 2021 with stock firmware R820XXU1DUE3 tizen 5.5.0.2 Have two r820 watches. First one after flashing with netodin to tizen 4 firmware became very strange brick - screen all black, no image at all, short vibrating when long press power button. Managed to blindly enter wireless odin mode and successfully unbricked it with flashing to 5.5.0.2 R820XXU1DUA3. The second one was flashed to combination COMBINATION-FT55_R820XXU1ATJ1 and has the same brick (black screen, vibrating on power button). But sadly i cannot enter it to wireless mode blindly by now. Any solutions please? Can we flash watch with cable and test points WITHOUT entering Wired Odin mode on the watch? Help please!

upd: New type of display at least in watches that manufactured in august 2021. Older firmwares doesn't support this displays - that's why no image.

COMBINATION-FT55_R820XXU1AUE1 is working OK on august 2021 watches.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nikkivizzz

Nikkivizzz

Jun 29, 2018
Hello! Warning post for those who has r820 manufactured in august 2021 with stock firmware R820XXU1DUE3 tizen 5.5.0.2 Have two r820 watches. First one after flashing with netodin to tizen 4 firmware became very strange brick - screen all black, no image at all, short vibrating when long press power button. Managed to blindly enter wireless odin mode and successfully unbricked it with flashing to 5.5.0.2 R820XXU1DUA3. The second one was flashed to combination COMBINATION-FT55_R820XXU1ATJ1 and has the same brick (black screen, vibrating on power button). But sadly i cannot enter it to wireless mode blindly by now. Any solutions please? Can we flash watch with cable and test points WITHOUT entering Wired Odin mode on the watch? Help please!

upd: New type of display at least in watches that manufactured in august 2021. Older firmwares doesn't support this displays - that's why no image.

How did u manage to unbrick the first watch and what did u do with 2nd watch

fenderstrc

Apr 10, 2015
How did u manage to unbrick the first watch and what did u do with 2nd watch
Watch is working, screen just doesn't show image. So you can try to enter "download wireless" mode blindly like you did it before no image. If you have combination then this mode is 5th line in menu. If you have stock this line is 3rd in the menu

Note that if you flashed tizen 4 over tizen 5 your wifi could be disabled and the only way to unbrick is to sold usb cable to pinouts on the main board and flash via regular odin mode.

Last edited:

sagar271

Aug 28, 2015
Does COMBINATION-FT55_R820XXU1AUE1 this firmware really work on august 2021 watches ?
I have already bricked my new watch and applied for replacement. iam afraid to try it so if you have that combination firmware, please share it.

4_0Wasim

Oct 9, 2021

4_0Wasim

Oct 9, 2021

Brother do you have the combination file COMBINATION-FT55_R820XXU1AUE1 if you have the file plz send me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.