Galaxy Watch Features - ECG / BP

Firehawk0_0

May 16, 2016
Hello!

I have a big issue. I am on a non-Samsung phone (Huawei P20 Pro). After installing the most recent update, my BP app would no longer install.. I am getting an error [-1]. Previously, when I have had similar situation, I've used pkgcmd -u command, but it is no longer working as well. Tried even factory reset, but nothing helps. Any suggestions?

My version is: RX820XXU1DUA7/R820OXA1DUA7

The result of trying to uninstall via sdb shell is:

pkgcmd -u -t tpk -n com.samsung.health.samd.bp
__return_cb req_id[1] pkg_type[tpk] pkgid[com.samsung.health.samd.bp] key[start] val[uninstall]
__return_cb req_id[1] pkg_type[tpk] pkgid[com.samsung.health.samd.bp] key[appid] val[com.samsung.health.samd.bp.home]
__return_cb req_id[1] pkg_type[tpk] pkgid[com.samsung.health.samd.bp] key[appid] val[com.samsung.health.samd.bp.ecg-service]
__return_cb req_id[1] pkg_type[tpk] pkgid[com.samsung.health.samd.bp] key[appid] val[com.samsung.health.samd.bp.widget]
__return_cb req_id[1] pkg_type[tpk] pkgid[com.samsung.health.samd.bp] key[install_percent] val[4]
__return_cb req_id[1] pkg_type[tpk] pkgid[com.samsung.health.samd.bp] key[install_percent] val[9]
__return_cb req_id[1] pkg_type[tpk] pkgid[com.samsung.health.samd.bp] key[error] val[-4]
__return_cb req_id[1] pkg_type[tpk] pkgid[com.samsung.health.samd.bp] key[end] val[fail]
processing result : Operation not allowed [-4] failed
spend time for pkgcmd is [1126]ms

Is there any way I could restore my BP app to make it work?

@adfree, maybe you have some knowledge of how to deal with it?
I am also having the same issue after updating today (Ver.: R845FXXU1DUA4 SM-R845FZSABTU).

Installed and worked with no issues prior to the update (UK). After updating and trying a factory reset, I cannot get it to install.

[Phone is Pixel 5]

Blenky

Aug 14, 2012
Hove
I actually received an update for the modified SHM app through the Galaxy Store today.
Everything still works fine!
So did I. However when I tried to update a message told me I needed to uninstall the old one first. This I did and the update disappeared!. Also can't find it in app store.

samiznayut

Dec 11, 2020
If you're from a different region, you'll have to find the appropriate, latest stock firmware for that region. If not, you may not get the regional OTA, irrespective of the CSC you change to.
i have checked firmwares' history on
https://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-R820/XSG/doc.html. The region i'd like to switch to once got CTJ5 firmware. Does it mean that i can use these files and i will get OTA?

jdx111

Sep 7, 2020
Hello!

I have a big issue. I am on a non-Samsung phone (Huawei P20 Pro). After installing the most recent update, my BP app would no longer install.. I am getting an error [-1]. Previously, when I have had similar situation, I've used pkgcmd -u command, but it is no longer working as well. Tried even factory reset, but nothing helps. Any suggestions?

My version is: RX820XXU1DUA7/R820OXA1DUA7

The result of trying to uninstall via sdb shell is:

pkgcmd -u -t tpk -n com.samsung.health.samd.bp
__return_cb req_id[1] pkg_type[tpk] pkgid[com.samsung.health.samd.bp] key[start] val[uninstall]
__return_cb req_id[1] pkg_type[tpk] pkgid[com.samsung.health.samd.bp] key[appid] val[com.samsung.health.samd.bp.home]
__return_cb req_id[1] pkg_type[tpk] pkgid[com.samsung.health.samd.bp] key[appid] val[com.samsung.health.samd.bp.ecg-service]
__return_cb req_id[1] pkg_type[tpk] pkgid[com.samsung.health.samd.bp] key[appid] val[com.samsung.health.samd.bp.widget]
__return_cb req_id[1] pkg_type[tpk] pkgid[com.samsung.health.samd.bp] key[install_percent] val[4]
__return_cb req_id[1] pkg_type[tpk] pkgid[com.samsung.health.samd.bp] key[install_percent] val[9]
__return_cb req_id[1] pkg_type[tpk] pkgid[com.samsung.health.samd.bp] key[error] val[-4]
__return_cb req_id[1] pkg_type[tpk] pkgid[com.samsung.health.samd.bp] key[end] val[fail]
processing result : Operation not allowed [-4] failed
spend time for pkgcmd is [1126]ms

Is there any way I could restore my BP app to make it work?

@adfree, maybe you have some knowledge of how to deal with it?
I am also having the same issue after updating today (Ver.: R845FXXU1DUA4 SM-R845FZSABTU).

Installed and worked with no issues prior to the update (UK). After updating and trying a factory reset, I cannot get it to install.

[Phone is Pixel 5]
Oh boy.. I wonder if the situation is, SHM is no pre-locked on the watch and blocked, as we are on the non-Samsung phones :(((

I am in Lithuania.

Jan 9, 2015
Updated my GWA2 today in Romania as well. Seems OK (until now), SHM widgets are on the watch and working fine after calibration. However, no SHM app available either on Galaxy Store or Play Store, I'm still using Dante's modded version. Also, due to sync issues that I had before, my SH app is an old version, the last one that synchronized with SHM (6.12.3.001 Alpha).

Any idea how to get the official SHM app?

ask4it2k

Sep 30, 2020
Oh boy.. I wonder if the situation is, SHM is no pre-locked on the watch and blocked, as we are on the non-Samsung phones :(((

I am in Lithuania.
After the Update the BP App disapperared and a reinstall with TIZEN Manager was not possible. So i decided to do a factory reset and paired the watch with my phone again(Mate 20 pro). After that i've installed the BP.tpk and ECG.tpk like described in Enable ECG(BP Featur) On Non-Samsung Phones for Galaxy Watch 3, Active 2 Step-By-Step. With SHM 1.0.175.Caravana ECG and BP are working.

Reactions: jdx111

jdx111

Sep 7, 2020
For me it did not work, I also did factory with pairing :( When trying to install with Tizen manager, I can only install ECG, BP returns failed with -1. And if I try to remove existing bp from the watch, I am getting -4 not allowed, as could be seen in a log in my first message.

I suspect, this new update brings in preinstalled SHM to the watch. It is like bp rollout in 31 countries.. And as is it preinstalled, maybe there is no way to cut it out..

I hope someone can tell me a workaround to be done, as I am not yet ready to buy Samsung phone only for bp purposes..

dd66

Jun 30, 2008
Paris
Hi all,
I'm leaving in France and received the official feb 22th Tizen update on my both watches, GWA2 and GW3.
So I uninstalled the moded SHM apk and installed the "official" one without any problem.
I use Samsung S21 Ultra.
But I'm facing a strange problem :
I can only calibrate ONE watch (no matter which) for BP, but the second watch calibration stops and force close SHM after the 2nd step!
Then SHM keeps force closing and i have to clear data to make it work again (and needs to calibrate (one!) watch again)
Any helps would be very appreciated, I'd really like to use both watches for BP!
Thanks in advance.

Reactions: adfree

Filenest

Oct 3, 2012
I just received 5.5.0.2/R825FXXU1CUA5 update and installed SHM on my GWA2 in Denmark. The ECG however does not work. I keep receiving the following messages no matter what I do:
"Make sure the watch is snug to your left wrist"
"Moisturize your finger and try again"
"Wear the watch 10 minutes before recording an ECG"

I have the same problem, SM-R8825F / R825FXXU1CUA5 / UK MODEL/

My wifes smaller version got the same update today (mine is 46mm) and hers just works.

Last edited:

jdx111

Sep 7, 2020
@adfree

Sorry to tag you again, but could you please advise what could be done? Looks like the newest Tizen update which has brought the SHM, killed modded apps.. And the "stock" bp could not be removed with pkgcmd -u command... To install the certificate signed tpk again

Any ideas on how to adress this? Apart from buying a Samsung.. I am sure more reports will be coming on this.

Jan 9, 2015
Updated my GWA2 today in Romania as well. Seems OK (until now), SHM widgets are on the watch and working fine after calibration. However, no SHM app available either on Galaxy Store or Play Store, I'm still using Dante's modded version. Also, due to sync issues that I had before, my SH app is an old version, the last one that synchronized with SHM (6.12.3.001 Alpha).

Any idea how to get the official SHM app?
So, I have finally managed to get it right: if you have the modded SHM app (on both your Galaxy Watch and on your phone), then you need to uninstall both app first, then you can update your watch with the latest available firmware. Once this is done, you will find the official SHM installed on your watch (if you are living in one of the supported countries or your CSC has been changed). After opening SHM app on your watch, your phone will open a link as well to install the official SHM from Galaxy Store. It's the only way, searching in Galaxy Store for the official SHM app will never give you any result. When all completed, then you need to accept all the disclaimers, calibrate BP sensor and... you're done. As a bonus, SHM synchronize with Samsung Health as well.

LE: I own a GWA2 and a Galaxy S10 phone, so I'm not sure if same will work on non Samsung phones the same way since SHM app can be installed on the phone from Galaxy Store only.

Reactions: galaxys

sapiora

Aug 1, 2006
Sofia
After the official support for Europe I finally managed to install SHM on my SGN10+ and SGWA2. The problem that I am facing and have no idea is:
When I open SHM and go through the tutorial, I did not have the option to calibrate or use Blood Pressure, it says I need to have SGWA2 or later. On the other hand I am able to use ECG with no problems.

Attachments

Blenky

Aug 14, 2012
Hove
I would like a bit of advice please.

Last year I successfully changed my CSC from BTU to XAR and ran the dual CCG\BP tpk on my Active2 and Caravana SHM on my S20 for a number of months.

I changed my phone and I have now reverted the CSC back to BTU on the watch and no longer have SHM on my phone and the tpk is no longer on my watch

My current versions are

CSC = BTU
software version - R8200XA1DUA3
Tizen 5.5.0.2

WIth that combination of CSC and firmware will I get the update to enable CCG and BP?
I notice on HERE that the is a new firmware listed for BTU (UK) :

Build Number : R820XXU1DUA7
Tizen version : Tizen 5.5.0.2
Release Date : 2021-02-19

The previous was

R820XXU1CTJ5
Tizen version : Tizen 5.5.0.1
Release Date : 2020-11-11

I'm still nervous that although my CSC is back to BTU I have the XAR (US) firmware of :

Build Number : R820XXU1DUA3
Tizen version : Tizen 5.5.0.2
Release Date : 2021-01-15

and I won't get the BTU firmware?

Currently I don't have SHM on my phone or watch and it's not available in the play store for download.

I'm wondering whether I need to install an older BTU firmware to get the correct update?