Question Galaxy Watch4 Plugin Battery Drain

Search This thread

mafiaboy01

Sep 17, 2007
Toronto
I got a Galaxy Watch for Black Friday. The watch battery life has been okay and gets me 24h battery life. But the Galazy Watch4 Plugin on my phone has been destroying my phone battery life.

I have a Pixel 6 Pro and before the watch I would end the day around 20-30% battery life. Since I got the watch I'm out of power by 9-10pm. I've tried uninstalling everything and reinstalling, also reset the watch but same issue.

I'm not really sure what else to do at this point. Everything is basically default settings, I have no idea why it's draining my phone so much.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211202-215933.png
    Screenshot_20211202-215933.png
    246.6 KB · Views: 145
Reactions: galaxys

NahuelMS

Dec 14, 2015
Buenos Aires
Have the same problem with this plugin in S20FE Qualcomm. Uninstalled all plugins, galaxy wear app and restored watch to factory settings and it seems to improve the problem a little bit. Still getting 1hr less SoT than usual just for the watch. It is not good at all!

Reactions: galaxys

Nat.smith26

Dec 3, 2020
You have a Watch connected in Bluetooth all day, receiving notifications, calls, and more.

What did you except ?

Bluetooth only is a big drain.

Reactions: edwardob
You have a Watch connected in Bluetooth all day, receiving notifications, calls, and more.

What did you except ?

Eh, not as bad as I've been getting. It was 22% drain for me the other day, another was 24%. After deleting cache and storage and reinstalling the gear app. My old fossil and the ticwatch pro 3 I had did absolutely not drain the battery like this. The other one I see is Samsung health. ~9% drain daily. Samsung needs to do something about this for sure.

FYI, pixel 6 pro. Less of a drain on my pixel 4xl though. Not great either.

Psyclopps

Nov 21, 2015
Seattle
I got a Galaxy Watch for Black Friday. The watch battery life has been okay and gets me 24h battery life. But the Galazy Watch4 Plugin on my phone has been destroying my phone battery life.

I have a Pixel 6 Pro and before the watch I would end the day around 20-30% battery life. Since I got the watch I'm out of power by 9-10pm. I've tried uninstalling everything and reinstalling, also reset the watch but same issue.

I'm not really sure what else to do at this point. Everything is basically default settings, I have no idea why it's draining my phone so much.
The same problem exists on S22 Ultra oddly enough. You would think it wouldn't be an issue with Samsungs own devices. The plugin doesn't show on regular battery stats but gsam shows high usage for the wear app. Uninstalling "Galaxy watch4 manager" was the fix for me but means going without the cool watch. Same issue reproduced on OnePlus 10 Pro. Attached before and after screenshots of battery drain with and without the plugin

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220506-144551_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20220506-144551_Device care.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 72
  • Screenshot_20220506-144558_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20220506-144558_Device care.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 70

shank1524

May 27, 2012
OnePlus 6
Samsung Galaxy Watch
Guys, try to disable battery optimisation on all the apps related to watch, ex. wearable, plugin, etc. I had this issue with my OG galaxy watch and I read somewhere that by keeping the battery optimisation on for these apps, the phone trys to stop them but the apps switch on again and this cycle goes on resulting in battery drain, I have OnePlus and I disabled the optimisation and the battery was back on track with minimal plugin's battery usage

Hope it helps!

Brewbud

Feb 6, 2011
So Cal
Bluetooth draining the battery is absolutely not the issue. I have had Galaxy watches for well over 5 years now. The app has never drained the phone until the last month. The Galaxy Watch 3 plugin is accounting for 40-60%of my battery drain on my Galaxy Pixel 6 Pro. I turned off battery optimization for the app to see if it helps. I just hope it doesn't take much usability of the app away.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys, try to disable battery optimisation on all the apps related to watch, ex. wearable, plugin, etc. I had this issue with my OG galaxy watch and I read somewhere that by keeping the battery optimisation on for these apps, the phone trys to stop them but the apps switch on again and this cycle goes on resulting in battery drain, I have OnePlus and I disabled the optimisation and the battery was back on track with minimal plugin's battery usage

Hope it helps!

Have the same problem with this plugin in S20FE Qualcomm. Uninstalled all plugins, galaxy wear app and restored watch to factory settings and it seems to improve the problem a little bit. Still getting 1hr less SoT than usual just for the watch. It is not good at all!

What did you except ?