• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Galaxy z fold 2 Got the new official 3.0 update

Search This thread

ROE_HUNTER

Jan 16, 2017
Mine still won't pull the update.

You don't have to factory reset, and shouldn't have to. But I always do when moving up to a new version of Android.
Yeah, I'm debating whether to do a factory reset.

From AT&T website... they released the update on the 20th, but unfortunately mine won't update.

Went ahead and did the reset, and set up from scratch. Took sometime to do but glad I did. Feels snappier and more fluid than right after the update. But maybe just a placebo effect? Lol

atvxda

Apr 3, 2008
Boston
Unlocked Fold2 direct from Samsung on T Mobile. My update arrived yesterday, nothing really exciting to report. Biggest complaint being; having to wait for Good Lock to update. I did notice a small hiccup while using voice to text via notification shade. My keyboard went missing and I was forced to soft reset to retrieve it. I really dislike the gray overtone when swiping down the notification shade.

I am happy to see my Fold being just as snappy as before - a huge concern of mine from previous experiences but yeah, just waiting on Good Lock to bring it home, lol.

Cheers

Mr. Orange 645

Sep 6, 2010
Springfield
Unlocked Fold2 direct from Samsung on T Mobile. My update arrived yesterday, nothing really exciting to report. Biggest complaint being; having to wait for Good Lock to update. I did notice a small hiccup while using voice to text via notification shade. My keyboard went missing and I was forced to soft reset to retrieve it. I really dislike the gray overtone when swiping down the notification shade.

I am happy to see my Fold being just as snappy as before - a huge concern of mine from previous experiences but yeah, just waiting on Good Lock to bring it home, lol.

Cheers

What issues are you having with Goodlock? It's already been updated for 3.0. Works perfectly on mine.

atvxda

Apr 3, 2008
Boston
What issues are you having with Goodlock? It's already been updated for 3.0. Works perfectly on mine.

Really?! Task changer is the biggest one for me. I have Uninstalled, reinstalled and I keep getting the same pop up stating the app version is not compatible with the latest software update 😩

Any recommendations? I'm all ears. Thanks!

*update- I uninstalled task changer hoping to reinstall it again and now it is completely missing as an option. Lol. Oh boy...

Mr. Orange 645

Sep 6, 2010
Springfield
Really?! Task changer is the biggest one for me. I have Uninstalled, reinstalled and I keep getting the same pop up stating the app version is not compatible with the latest software update 😩

*update- I uninstalled task changer hoping to reinstall it again and now it is completely missing as an option. Lol. Oh boy...

Sorry, I hadn't tried all the Goodlock apps. I thought they had all been updated. I'm sure they will be soon.

Reactions: atvxda

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As is often the case, the broken Good Lock modules mar the upgrade. The annual Android upgrade used to be worth the wait. Now it kind of isn't. How sad.
    Anybody with the unlocked version get their update?

I got tired of waiting and actually flashed the sm-f916w ... I have to say it's working pretty good so far. Might keep it to get the updates faster
    I'm still waiting. Though the new hotness would be nice, I have it on my Note 20 and my OnePlus devices and it's nothing night and day so I'll be patient and get it when I get it, lol.

No. Still waiting. Since I have had every Google phone beginning with the Galaxy Nexus and ending with the Pixel 4XL, this waiting thing is kind of different. Hopefully soon, but still loving the phone.

Sorry, I hadn't tried all the Goodlock apps. I thought they had all been updated. I'm sure they will be soon.