• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General Galaxy Z Fold 3 Discussion

Search This thread
Loving the 5G speeds on this bad boy.

Getting download speeds of close to 300Mbps (282Mbps), way up from the max achieved on my Note 10+ 5G, which I know has inferior modems etc, but all the same, I'm blown away. 🤩🤩

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210901-122605_Speedtest.jpg
    Screenshot_20210901-122605_Speedtest.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 86
  • Haha
Reactions: kxdaorbit
This is it, I'm in the UK, don't know anyone/anywhere in London with the speed you posted.
Oh yeah, sorry. I'm in the US. But to be fair, I haven't heard of anyone HERE with those speeds earlier. I was like, "is this real life?"

I'm guessing TMo has done some major upgrades around here. I remember the first time I saw my speed break 100Mbps. I was in shock then too. LOL.

kxdaorbit

Oct 11, 2009
Has anyone noticed the 2nd under display sensor on this device, and what is it for, is it something to be 'turned on' with a future software update.

If you turn your phone of and look at the screen from an angle, it's a round sensor to the left of the udc.

If no-one else has this, then my suspicions are correct, I'm not paranoid, Samsung are defo watching me.

xile6

Dec 2, 2008
Dallas
Has anyone noticed the 2nd under display sensor on this device, and what is it for, is it something to be 'turned on' with a future software update.

If you turn your phone of and look at the screen from an angle, it's a round sensor to the left of the udc.

If no-one else has this, then my suspicions are correct, I'm not paranoid, Samsung are defo watching me.
Probably a proximity sensor.

ycats

Feb 27, 2007
Nolensville, Tennessee
Question, I thought if you have an app open using the inner screen, then fold it, the same display will show on the outer screen seemlessly...........my display shuts off every time I fold it back.

xile6

Dec 2, 2008
Dallas
Question, I thought if you have an app open using the inner screen, then fold it, the same display will show on the outer screen seemlessly...........my display shuts off every time I fold it back.
Its in the settings.
Search for " continue apps on cover"

Most will work. Others will need to restart when switching.

Reactions: jah

I have it too. Most likely a light sensor to dim and brighten the screen under different levels of ambient light.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Maybe something like Macrodroid?
    Wittle Bixby is a menace...
    Yeah, I've avoided Bixby all this time. I don't like any 'assistants!

I caved today. It's fairly simple and works a treat. I'll consider using tasker when I get time off from playing with this bad boy... 😜
    Bixby is alright. I like how it integrates well into the OneUI Framework apps and allows deeply integrated shortcuts while keeping me from repeating mundane tasks which would otherwise have required rooting and manually configuring AutoInput for every action.

Tasker is of course way more powerful and I can't live without it. I support every tool that gets the job done
    How do you disable digital wellbeing ?
    Open digital wellbeing--> 3 dots --> settings --> deny access to user data. That should make it stop tracking and eating the battery. Since stats will show 0 mins once it's done.
    The screen protector on the cover screen is preinstalled and better quality than previous generation
    Thanx for the reply, I really appreciate it! 🙂 I knew Sammy started preinstalling a protector on their high end devices, (my Note 10+ & 20 Ultra had it), & the ZF3's main screen had the newer, more durable protector preinstalled, but I wasn't sure about the outer screen until now. I preordered the ZF3, (it'll arrive in the next couple days), & if I would have needed to order a protector for the outer screen I wanted to have it in time to install day 1, (I wasn't keen on using the phone without it), so the forums confirmation was a huge help!! 👍🏽 (the ocd is pleased, lol 🤣)!
    Why is there no dedicated forum for this device? (Galaxy Z Fold 3)
    What do you mean? You're in it. This thread is in the ZF3 forum.
    This is it, I'm in the UK, don't know anyone/anywhere in London with the speed you posted.
    I have hit 500 megs in London on EE 5g

Here is a 400 example

Screenshot_20210902-211901_Speedtest.jpg
    The SGZF3 arrived about 2 hours ago. Using and configuring the main screen is such a large paradigm shift from what I've been used to that taking the time to customize both screens will be quite the time sink. Should be fun though. +1 on starting a new tips and tricks thread!
    I ended up installing Nova (it's what I've used for eons on other devices). It works fine and has the benefit of running the same layout on both the cover screen and the main inside screen. Less laggy than One UI home, plus custom icons and gestures.