Question Galaxy Z Fold 3 Has Dual Sim and eSIM but not in the US Work Around Discussion ?

Search This thread

cpufrost

Feb 26, 2012
Big Country
All the dual sim tray phones I've bought in the past (international versions) did in fact accept two physical SIM cards. They also had TWO IMEI numbers on the information label. I don't think this dual sim tray is going to work except SIM one.

Markeee

Sep 29, 2012
South Florida
All the dual sim tray phones I've bought in the past (international versions) did in fact accept two physical SIM cards. They also had TWO IMEI numbers on the information label. I don't think this dual sim tray is going to work except SIM one.
Have you ever been able to get a dual sim international version of the fold 3 to run in the US ?

cpufrost

Feb 26, 2012
Big Country
Have you ever been able to get a dual sim international version of the fold 3 to run in the US ?
Mine are unlocked USA versions that I was told had e-sim support (possible but not getting excited LOL). The "duos" nomenclature of the past was an Exynos thing apparently and to my knowledge there are no Fold 3 phones with Samsung processors. 5G is another thing altogether especially with Verizon.

Markeee

Sep 29, 2012
South Florida
Yes and everything works well 5G and all, but I still have the US model I want to test it on before I sell it.
Wow really your like the first confirmed person I've been able to find that actually has a dual sim international working in the US along with 5G
I have a few questions hope you don't mind ?

I'm hoping I can copy what you did for myself

How did you get Sim manager working here in US ?

What network are you running on ?
I'm on Xfinity Mobile which which still runs off old CDMA and need a MEID number does the box have a MEID number on it ?

I just snagged a deal on a 512GB US Samsung unlocked SM-F926U1 off Swappa for $1260 https://swappa.com/listing/view/LVLI62772

I thought for sure One UI 4.0 beta would enable US eSIM like it does on the S21 but so far not happening. Samsung support promises that it will be US enabled in the final UI 4.0 version on the Fold 3

Last edited:

Markeee

Sep 29, 2012
South Florida
Mine are unlocked USA versions that I was told had e-sim support (possible but not getting excited LOL). The "duos" nomenclature of the past was an Exynos thing apparently and to my knowledge there are no Fold 3 phones with Samsung processors. 5G is another thing altogether especially with Verizon.
Samsung support promises that the final UI 4.0 version on the Fold 3 will have US eSIM enabled will see if there not just stringing up along again.
Personally I have a feeling where going to finally get it
just can't see why they would give it to the S21 and not there big shot flagship Fold 3

Last edited:

cworrell

Feb 15, 2010
Osnabrueck, Germany
Wow really your like the first confirmed person I've been able to find that actually has a dual sim international working in the US along with 5G
I have a few questions hope you don't mind ?

I'm hoping I can copy what you did for myself

How did you get Sim manager working here in US ?

What network are you running on ?
I'm on Xfinity Mobile which which still runs off old CDMA and need a MEID number does the box have a MEID number on it ?

I just snagged a deal on a 512GB US Samsung unlocked SM-F926U1 off Swappa for $1260 https://swappa.com/listing/view/LVLI62772

I thought for sure One UI 4.0 beta would enable US eSIM like it does on the S21 but so far not happening. Samsung support promises that it will be US enabled in the final UI 4.0 version on the Fold 3

The Mexican Phone is the F926B model and E-SIM works right out of the box. 5G works on both modems. I use T-Mobile and a Mexican Carrier (Telcel). but they cost around $2200 in Mexico, but it's worth having duel sims.

Markeee

Sep 29, 2012
South Florida
The Mexican Phone is the F926B model and E-SIM works right out of the box. 5G works on both modems. I use T-Mobile and a Mexican Carrier (Telcel). but they cost around $2200 in Mexico, but it's worth having duel sims.
When you say the phone works right out the box you mean it already has Sim manager options working coz the US version doesn't have Sim Manager on it

Also I don't think the F926B model phone is compatible with Xfinity Mobile if you have a chance you can check it on the below link

cworrell

Feb 15, 2010
Osnabrueck, Germany
When you say the phone works right out the box you mean it already has Sim manager options working coz the US version doesn't have Sim Manager on it

Also I don't think the F926B model phone is compatible with Xfinity Mobile if you have a chance you can check it on the below link

This is what I received with my IMEI.

Unfortunately, your phone isn’t compatible​

Not all phones are made to work with Xfinity Mobile, but you can still join Xfinity Mobile by trading in your current phone and buying a new one.

The phone has Sim Manager right out of the box, and I can confirm it does work with T-Mobile 5G network. I am guessing with xfinity you would only see 4G.

jeromepearce

Jun 7, 2007
Mackay
www.processmapping.com.au
It's the same in Australia, only one sim card slot.

Personally I'm not that bothered because I have a Samsung M30 with dual sim for my two other foreign sim cards. If I manage to become a Malaysian resident too, I'll need 4 sims in all and then dual sim Fold would be useful.

My experience of dual sims is that batteries are hammered by them. It makes sense because two radios have to work at once. The M30 has a great battery and low performance which is perfect for a second phone just as a phone, though. Given the poorish battery performance of the Z Fold 3, I imagine it'll suffer.

Reactions: Markeee

Markeee

Sep 29, 2012
South Florida
Mine from UK its dual sim. Really its very nice.. 5g...

SM-F926B​

Are you running that UK dual sim here in the US or are you in the UK ?

This is what I received with my IMEI.

Unfortunately, your phone isn’t compatible​

Not all phones are made to work with Xfinity Mobile, but you can still join Xfinity Mobile by trading in your current phone and buying a new one.

The phone has Sim Manager right out of the box, and I can confirm it does work with T-Mobile 5G network. I am guessing with xfinity you would only see 4G.
I don't think any of the International versions of the phone will work on Xfinily mobile at all . Xfinity still runs on the old CDMA network and needs a MEID number on the box to be compatible i think

I spoke with Samsung support several times spoke with them again today and asked them straight out. Will the US Fold 3 support eSims on the final version of Android 12 One UI 4.0 ?

Today they said yes defiantly and also said there working on bringing it in with the next update.

I'll believe it when i see it

Last edited:

pattmyn

Apr 12, 2011
Northern Ontario
Your saying there defiantly is no esim manger in the US Fold 3 after updating to beta 2 ?
Canada doesn't have access to the beta (officially) and since I'm not sure if I'm keeping the device (it's less about the device and more about the carrier) I'm sure as hell not going to hack it in to check up here.

Took a screencap of the OS build info and whatnot and can confirm that I haven't been able to get eSIM functionality working. HOWEVER, Telus included a voucher for one in the box so I played dumb with a CS rep asking what an eSIM was, had it explained to me, and then I asked "So why did my parcel come with both a voucher and a physical SIM?". The reply, and I quote, was "Oh, we include those with any phones shipped out that are capable of making use of it but do keep the physical SIM included for those who have shareable data plans".

So unless Jean-Guy at the shipping depot screwed up and the rep was also brain dead about the process, something tells me that there's a bit more to this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211116-133534_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20211116-133534_Settings.jpg
    527 KB · Views: 108

Newbie_94

Nov 17, 2021
Hi
I have a F926U1 and received my dual sim tray from the UK.

The phone doesn’t recognize a (downwards facing) sim.

Reactions: stpinc

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wow! I cannot imagine carrying two Fold devices!

Stupid question: Have you contacted AT&T to ask whether/when a relevant firmware version has been/will be available?
    Yep. This was annoying especially when driving car.

I don't expect any professional help from att after i tried to contact with them about cracked LCD they just said try to reboot your device and see if that will fix that. And also when i forgot my pattern they had only one solution to do a factory reset and see what will happen next.

PS. I just flashed latest firmware from samfirm with ODIN and i got eSim working finally!!!!
    Never buy a product with rumoured future specs ... If a feature is not there when you buy it, it may never come ...
    I the opposite my last iphone was a 4 and I will never go back
    Guys, Esim is finally here after almost one year. I

Screenshot_20220615-064524_Call settings.jpg
    I hate NA! I wish we have eSIM. I really do need two lines on my primary
    I just need to know if an unlocked, dual-SIM UK variant (SM-F926B/DS), will be fully functional on the AT&T network? Will I get 5G/LTE? Will it update? Thanks!
    I used F626B for couple of weeks before sending it to my family in India. Here in US with AT&T, LTE worked flawlessly but could not get 5G to work. This is in SF bay area. It does not have all the 5G bands.