Question Galaxy Z Fold 3 Has Dual Sim and eSIM but not in the US Work Around Discussion ?

Search This thread
I realize the post preceding this is 11 months old. But as a favor to anyone who might be searching since July 2022:

a firmware update in late June/early July 2022 added dual SIM functionality:
  • one physical SIM
  • one eSIM
Possibly significant fact: I based this report on my own experience. I have an unlocked Z Fold 3 purchased through Samsung and running on T-Mobile US.

Last edited:

Squeaky369

Feb 20, 2008
Indianapolis
I realize the post preceding this is 11 months old. But as a favor to anyone who might be searching since July 2022:

a firmware update in late June/early July 2022 added dual SIM functionality:
  • one physical SIM
  • one eSIM
Possibly significant fact: I based this report on my own experience. I have an unlocked Z Fold 3 purchased through Samsung and running on T-Mobile US.

Confirmed.

Patch was released on 6/24/22 - Dual SIM Dual Standby (DSDS Support)

US Unlocked SM-F926U1

I've been waiting since day one for this patch and just realized it came over a month ago.

Last edited:

Arhigos

Apr 18, 2022
Anyone got this update on At&T? Or maybe someone knows how can i flash this update into my phone? I'm just TIRED carrying two folds in one pocket 🤬

Arhigos

Apr 18, 2022
Wow! I cannot imagine carrying two Fold devices!

Stupid question: Have you contacted AT&T to ask whether/when a relevant firmware version has been/will be available?
Yep. This was annoying especially when driving car.

I don't expect any professional help from att after i tried to contact with them about cracked LCD they just said try to reboot your device and see if that will fix that. And also when i forgot my pattern they had only one solution to do a factory reset and see what will happen next.

PS. I just flashed latest firmware from samfirm with ODIN and i got eSim working finally!!!!

Oct 20, 2021
Yep. This was annoying especially when driving car.

I don't expect any professional help from att after i tried to contact with them about cracked LCD they just said try to reboot your device and see if that will fix that. And also when i forgot my pattern they had only one solution to do a factory reset and see what will happen next.

PS. I just flashed latest firmware from samfirm with ODIN and i got eSim working finally!!!!
You didn’t realize that rebooting your phone fixes cracked screens?! 🤣🤣🤣 I can't believe anyone said that; that's insanity!

vishalsharma1987

Aug 28, 2022
I used couple other dual sim phones, including iPhones, I didn't see dusl sim on my fold 3 is different from any other dual sim phones. Both My numbers on my fold 3 work perfectly, one physical sim and one esim. It is the same as I had two phones for two numbers. I am happy now to just carry one phone with two numbers. If you have a free number, I would think it's not necessary to get tmobile number. Mine is a grandfathered family plan, $70 plus fees a month for two numbers with tmobile.
Hi. I have an unlocked Samsung Z Fold 3 (SM-F926UI) that I bought from Samsung US website. With the new update it now shows the eSIM option in my phone. I am currently carrying a work phone and a personal phone. If I transfer both my phone numbers to my Z Fold 3 (one physical + 1 eSIM)- would I be able to get SMS/calls on both the phones all the time? I understand that you can not get calls on both numbers at the same time, one of them automatically goes to voicemail, but other than that, are both the SIMs active all the time? Can I send/receive SMSs on both connections simultaneously?
It would be great if somebody can please confirm this!

Hi. I have an unlocked Samsung Z Fold 3 (SM-F926UI) that I bought from Samsung US website. With the new update it now shows the eSIM option in my phone. I am currently carrying a work phone and a personal phone. If I transfer both my phone numbers to my Z Fold 3 (one physical + 1 eSIM)- would I be able to get SMS/calls on both the phones all the time? I understand that you can not get calls on both numbers at the same time, one of them automatically goes to voicemail, but other than that, are both the SIMs active all the time? Can I send/receive SMSs on both connections simultaneously?
I THINK I understand your question, so here goes.

When you activate BOTH SIM cards (physical and eSIM) on the Fold 3, the other phone will stop working on the CELLULAR network it was on because the SIM card in it would have been de-provisioned and no longer registered on the network.

So, in essence, your ONE phone (Fold 3) will have BOTH numbers on it. You will be able to Call/Text/whatever using EITHER, but, as you said, not at the same time.

Your other phone, depending on what it is, will still work on WiFi, but the SIM card in it will, for all purposes, be dead.

Reactions: vishalsharma1987

agetupside

Nov 2, 2021
Yes. I confirm this since I have a physical and eSim set up with my Z fold 3. Now I am using fold 4.

Reactions: vishalsharma1987

RajanKandoi13

Jan 23, 2023
I have bought this Fold3 in India understanding it has options of physical SIM and ESIM. There are two IMEI numbers mentioned on the box. But when I tried to install the ESIM there is no option or a SIM Manager where I can manage the second SIM?

I have bought this Fold3 in India understanding it has options of physical SIM and ESIM. There are two IMEI numbers mentioned on the box. But when I tried to install the ESIM there is no option or a SIM Manager where I can manage the second SIM?
Why not ask Samsung India whether the local Android version supports eSIM?

The US received this in a firmware update in August 2022. I found this in Android settings by searching on "SIM Manager"

Attachments

• tempFileForShare_20230123-064555.jpg
    tempFileForShare_20230123-064555.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 33

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Never buy a product with rumoured future specs ... If a feature is not there when you buy it, it may never come ...
    I the opposite my last iphone was a 4 and I will never go back
    Guys, Esim is finally here after almost one year. I

Screenshot_20220615-064524_Call settings.jpg
    I hate NA! I wish we have eSIM. I really do need two lines on my primary
    I just need to know if an unlocked, dual-SIM UK variant (SM-F926B/DS), will be fully functional on the AT&T network? Will I get 5G/LTE? Will it update? Thanks!
    I used F626B for couple of weeks before sending it to my family in India. Here in US with AT&T, LTE worked flawlessly but could not get 5G to work. This is in SF bay area. It does not have all the 5G bands.