Question Galaxy Z Fold3 5G SM-F926B with disabled SIM!

Search This thread

sambi700

Mar 20, 2014
Hello,

I have purchased a "display" Galaxy Z Fold3 5G SM-F926B/DS but the SIM slots are disabled for some reason (the phone won't detect any SIM cards). All other features are functioning properly. The seller told me it can be enabled by installing some kind of software. Unfortunately, I haven't find any information, so far.
I have attached a screenshot where the Model & IMEI numbers can be seen.

Please note that it is not locked to a certain carrier.

My question is: Is there any software which can enable the SIM card slots?

Regards,
Sambi

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220927_164249_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220927_164249_Gallery.jpg
    316.4 KB · Views: 39
Unfortunately the general consensus of XDA is that we don't condone or help anyone with display models of devices because they're technically stolen property from the manufacturer and/or retailer. Also most display models are intentionally disabled in some way, especially after they are reported stolen.

You were scammed, plain and simple. I would try returning it to get your money back but I doubt you'll be able to. And as for knowing what it was before purchasing it, in my opinion, is an expensive life lesson to research these things thoroughly before purchasing.

Reactions: Talderon

sambi700

Mar 20, 2014
Unfortunately the general consensus of XDA is that we don't condone or help anyone with display models of devices because they're technically stolen property from the manufacturer and/or retailer. Also most display models are intentionally disabled in some way, especially after they are reported stolen.

You were scammed, plain and simple. I would try returning it to get your money back but I doubt you'll be able to. And as for knowing what it was before purchasing it, in my opinion, is an expensive life lesson to research these things thoroughly before purchasing.
Thank you Spar0n,

The guy who sold me the device is working for SAMSUNG. I'll try my best to return the phone and get my money back. If he resisted, then, I may report this to SAMSUNG, directly.

Lesson very well learnt. Thank you, again!

Reactions: spart0n
Thank you Spar0n,

The guy who sold me the device is working for SAMSUNG. I'll try my best to return the phone and get my money back. If he resisted, then, I may report this to SAMSUNG, directly.

Honestly, I would just try contacting Samsung and give them all the info you have about the seller and offer to give the device back (to get in good graces that you're willing to help them) and see if they offer you any kind of response. I personally don't have any experience with this but who knows maybe somebody nice in customer service or fraud or whoever at Samsung might take pity on you and offer a discount or something on a real phone.

pvillasuso

Apr 16, 2007
Hello,

I have purchased a "display" Galaxy Z Fold3 5G SM-F926B/DS but the SIM slots are disabled for some reason (the phone won't detect any SIM cards). All other features are functioning properly. The seller told me it can be enabled by installing some kind of software. Unfortunately, I haven't find any information, so far.
I have attached a screenshot where the Model & IMEI numbers can be seen.

Please note that it is not locked to a certain carrier.

My question is: Is there any software which can enable the SIM card slots?

Regards,
Sambi
That is not a display unit (SM-F926B/DS)
The problem with that phone seems to be a lost or corrupt EFS partition
Flash the latest stock rom via ODIN , it would probably solve your problem

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thank you Spar0n,

Honestly, I would just try contacting Samsung and give them all the info you have about the seller and offer to give the device back (to get in good graces that you're willing to help them) and see if they offer you any kind of response. I personally don't have any experience with this but who knows maybe somebody nice in customer service or fraud or whoever at Samsung might take pity on you and offer a discount or something on a real phone.

Thank you Spar0n,