Question Galaxy zflip4 error using Shell Command After updating to ONEUI 5 Android 13

Search This thread

jonatansuarez

Jul 21, 2007
Everyting was working fine using the SHELL Command in order to remove bloatware from my device to remove any application using ANDROID 12 ONEUI 4.1.1

After updating to ONEUI 5 ANDROID 13 on December 6 2022, now im not able to get the ADB SHELL Command working it gives me and error.

Can someone let me know if there is a fix for this? like i said everything was working before upgrading to ONEUI 5 ANDROID 13

MacBook-Air platform-tools % ./adb shell

b4q:/ $ pm list packages

Exception occurred while executing 'list':

java.lang.SecurityException: Shell does not have permission to access user 150

com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.handleIncomingUser:14870 android.app.ActivityManager.handleIncomingUser:4802 com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.translateUserId:3499

at com.android.server.am.UserController.handleIncomingUser(UserController.java:2672)

at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.handleIncomingUser(ActivityManagerService.java:14870)

at android.app.ActivityManager.handleIncomingUser(ActivityManager.java:4802)

at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.translateUserId(PackageManagerShellCommand.java:3499)

at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.runListPackages(PackageManagerShellCommand.java:965)

at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.runListPackages(PackageManagerShellCommand.java:861)

at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.runList(PackageManagerShellCommand.java:720)

at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.onCommand(PackageManagerShellCommand.java:222)

at com.android.modules.utils.BasicShellCommandHandler.exec(BasicShellCommandHandler.java:97)

at android.os.ShellCommand.exec(ShellCommand.java:38)

at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerService$IPackageManagerImpl.onShellCommand(PackageManagerService.java:6922)

at android.os.Binder.shellCommand(Binder.java:1085)

at android.os.Binder.onTransact(Binder.java:903)

at android.content.pm.IPackageManager$Stub.onTransact(IPackageManager.java:4909)

at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerService$IPackageManagerImpl.onTransact(PackageManagerService.java:6906)

at android.os.Binder.execTransactInternal(Binder.java:1321)

at android.os.Binder.execTransact(Binder.java:1280)

• Wow
Reactions: wpscully

wpscully

Aug 31, 2010
Arlington
Samsung Galaxy S21
My Flip 4 has not yet been updated to Android 13 so I can't confirm exactly what you see. But I'll note that my Samsung S21, recently updated to Android 13 is suddenly doing what you're seeing:
$ adb shell
o1q:/ $ pm list packages

com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.handleIncomingUser:14872 android.app.ActivityManager.handleIncomingUser:4802 com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.translateUserId:3499
at com.android.server.am.UserController.handleIncomingUser(UserController.java:2672)
at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.handleIncomingUser(ActivityManagerService.java:14872)
at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.translateUserId(PackageManagerShellCommand.java:3499)
at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.runListPackages(PackageManagerShellCommand.java:965)
at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.runListPackages(PackageManagerShellCommand.java:861)
at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.runList(PackageManagerShellCommand.java:720)
at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.onCommand(PackageManagerShellCommand.java:222)
at com.android.modules.utils.BasicShellCommandHandler.exec(BasicShellCommandHandler.java:97)
at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerService$IPackageManagerImpl.onShellCommand(PackageManagerService.java:6922)
at android.content.pm.IPackageManager$Stub.onTransact(IPackageManager.java:4909)
at com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerService$IPackageManagerImpl.onTransact(PackageManagerService.java:6906)
255|o1q:/ $

So yeah, I think Samsung may be locking things down. :-(

This might be a reason to hold off updating to Android 13, if debloating is important to you.

Reactions: jonatansuarez

jonatansuarez

Jul 21, 2007
My Flip 4 has not yet been updated to Android 13 so I can't confirm exactly what you see. But I'll note that my Samsung S21, recently updated to Android 13 is suddenly doing what you're seeing:

This might be a reason to hold off updating to Android 13, if debloating is important to you.
Thanks for the reply, well im not the only one with this problem hopefully we can get someone to fix this is issue if possible, or else downgrade to ONEUI 4.1.1 Android 12 in order to get this working again will see..

kat3k

Nov 22, 2010
I have found Package Disabler Pro to do well at debloating on previous versions, but have not used it yet on this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    $ adb shell
    o1q:/ $ pm list packages

com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.handleIncomingUser:14872 android.app.ActivityManager.handleIncomingUser:4802 com.android.server.pm.PackageManagerShellCommand.translateUserId:3499
    at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.handleIncomingUser(ActivityManagerService.java:14872)
    255|o1q:/ $