• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Galnet MIUI ICS 1.11.9 -> 2.11.26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

BigE

Jan 25, 2007
Southern CA
New development by Galnet for I9100. Please note: This is NOT ICS porting , just ICS framework. All apk in it are NOT from ICS release.. only framework!

Loaded and will report how it tests. Installed without any issues at all, using CWM with full wipe coming from AndroidMIUI 1.11.4.

Areas of concern:

1. No service bug - changelog suggest it is resolved.
2. Battery life.

(not reporting problems, just stating what will be tested).

I started this thread as I have seen it on the AT&T forum, but actually it can be installed on the SGS2 I9100 and I did not see any thread about it on the SGS2 section.

Many thanks for the developers. Really appreciate their work, and I hope I do not violate any 'rules' publishing the link .. :)

Edit: 15 hours with original Kernel -
1. Battery life: Decent 4%/hr in moderate usage without Juice defender. 1% loss over night with phone idle.
2. BT - Nothing wrong with it. Paired few headsets, and a car BT easily, and steady. See edit 2 for a potential bug with non original kernel.
3. Reception - better than ever. with KI4 modem calls are clear (better than before) , Wi-Fi sensitivity is greater.
4. See edit 2
5. Browser: Works great with Opera mobile. Never liked any other one.
6. themes, skins, wallpaper: Supports all on-line (downloadable) ones from MIUI.
7. Update (KIES like) - works.
8. Undervoltage/overclock (setCPU) - not supported by original Kernel - untested.
9. Siyah 2.1.1 testing - What for ? :) happy with original.

Edit 2:

BUG REPORT:

1. Siyah kernel ver 2.2 works great with 1.11.9
2. Have some sleep of death issues with 2.11.26 combined with Siyah kernel 2.2 and setCPU . No UV involved to make it happen. Back to 1.11.9
2. Rebooting into recovery with charger connected (not PC) will guaranty NO SERVICE coming back (at least on my device).

Last edited by a moderator:

mtrxneo01

Oct 26, 2010
what kernal are you using for this. I am currently using the cognition mod v1.5.1 with ninphetamine 2.1.3. wondering what i need to change before i flash to this and is there any bugs.

BigE

Jan 25, 2007
Southern CA
what kernal are you using for this. I am currently using the cognition mod v1.5.1 with ninphetamine 2.1.3. wondering what i need to change before i flash to this and is there any bugs.

Its a MIUI ROM, not AOSP or Samsung, so either you keep the original kernel that comes with the ROM (what i am doing right now), or you go with the few CM7 supported ones, like Siyah 2.1.1 or similiar. The ROM you are on right now is not MIUI, which is a complete different animal. Please read about it, before you jump into it. Some are going to hate the MIUI approach, looks and feel, but i am personally in love with their development, and world wide support .. They simply took Google's android and open source one step further (just my humble opinion) and came out with a ~100Mbyte image that has EVERYTHING ones needs in a OS.. and more..

KaranKapoor

Nov 4, 2011
Delhi
1.11.7 + Siyah Kernel v2.2beta4

Everything's pretty smooth. Even the battery life seems decent for now. Testing needed, of course.

mix1234

Aug 5, 2011
I have a question. I really want to put this on my phone. I currently have Lightning rom and ninphetmine kernel on here. How do I install the rom? Donwload it onto SD. Do a nandroid backup and titanium backup? What do I wipe? Thanks!

Freka

Jul 18, 2010
Toronto
For the people testing it, please let us know if the battery life is improved and if the headphone volume bug is gone.

Also can I just flash this over my own version of MIUI without wipe?

Thanks.

mtrxneo01

Oct 26, 2010
Its a MIUI ROM, not AOSP or Samsung, so either you keep the original kernel that comes with the ROM (what i am doing right now), or you go with the few CM7 supported ones, like Siyah 2.1.1 or similiar. The ROM you are on right now is not MIUI, which is a complete different animal. Please read about it, before you jump into it. Some are going to hate the MIUI approach, looks and feel, but i am personally in love with their development, and world wide support .. They simply took Google's android and open source one step further (just my humble opinion) and came out with a ~100Mbyte image that has EVERYTHING ones needs in a OS.. and more..

sorry I am just confused but from what i understand is that this rom comes with its own kernel and if i flash it onto my phone it will replace my current kernel and rom right.

maomanna

Jan 25, 2007
i noticed that the new gallery is bugged. You can not scroll to the right side...

The gallery which is on your first homescreen works perfectly

S

samit.mahap

+1 for that. Would like to know about battery life and headphone volume problem. thanks.

The battery life is ok at 50% with 2 hrs display time and 1 hour of calling, half an hour of music and radio.
Headphone volume was never a problem, I use the audioboostsgs2 app which kinda gives me decent performance.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New development by Galnet for I9100. Please note: This is NOT ICS porting , just ICS framework. All apk in it are NOT from ICS release.. only framework!

Loaded and will report how it tests. Installed without any issues at all, using CWM with full wipe coming from AndroidMIUI 1.11.4.

Areas of concern:

1. No service bug - changelog suggest it is resolved.
    2. Battery life.

(not reporting problems, just stating what will be tested).

I started this thread as I have seen it on the AT&T forum, but actually it can be installed on the SGS2 I9100 and I did not see any thread about it on the SGS2 section.

Many thanks for the developers. Really appreciate their work, and I hope I do not violate any 'rules' publishing the link .. :)

Edit: 15 hours with original Kernel -
    1. Battery life: Decent 4%/hr in moderate usage without Juice defender. 1% loss over night with phone idle.
    2. BT - Nothing wrong with it. Paired few headsets, and a car BT easily, and steady. See edit 2 for a potential bug with non original kernel.
    3. Reception - better than ever. with KI4 modem calls are clear (better than before) , Wi-Fi sensitivity is greater.
    4. See edit 2
    5. Browser: Works great with Opera mobile. Never liked any other one.
    6. themes, skins, wallpaper: Supports all on-line (downloadable) ones from MIUI.
    7. Update (KIES like) - works.
    8. Undervoltage/overclock (setCPU) - not supported by original Kernel - untested.
    9. Siyah 2.1.1 testing - What for ? :) happy with original.

Edit 2:

BUG REPORT:

1. Siyah kernel ver 2.2 works great with 1.11.9
    2. Have some sleep of death issues with 2.11.26 combined with Siyah kernel 2.2 and setCPU . No UV involved to make it happen. Back to 1.11.9
    2. Rebooting into recovery with charger connected (not PC) will guaranty NO SERVICE coming back (at least on my device).
    Yep, I have the same problem. I'm trying to flash the latest from http://galnetmiui.co.uk/landing/download/ics-builds/.

Even after wiping everything and formatting /system, I get a bootloop.
    To prevent bootloops, do the following:
    1. Flash the weekly build (1.11.25)
    2. Boot up the phone normally.
    3. Reboot into Recovery.
    4. Flash the stable ICS build (2.11.26) without wiping.
    Flashin MIUI based ROM on top of any non MIUI

I would ask all the noobs that are new to ROM flashing in general, and to MIUI in particular to do the following:

1. Take a deep breath.
    2. Spend an hour or so reading anything that 'MIUI' is in its topic before any other activity.
    3. Learn the pro and cons going to MIUI and decide if you really want to have so much freedom defining HOW it will look and feel (hint- lots of work)
    4. Be prepared to run Alpha/Beta and don'y ***** about bugs, just kindly report them AFTER doing some reading to figure out was it already reported, and maybe even fixed..
    5. Back up everything. Heck- even make sure you have Odin and CF-root handy. I have bricked my phone twice with MIUI to a point CWM was gone !
    6. Know the stinking yellow triangle of Samsung counter may show it's ugly head if you use Odin (but this is not MIUI specific).
    7. Be prepared to wipe the phone clean, and work a bit to gain everything back.

If I did not scare you until now, you are a worthy tester for the Galnet MIUI ICS ROM..
    GREAT ROM , but it did not support ARABiC RTL :mad:
    I fix the issue :D .. thanks roenano
    any interested
    MiUI scotland I9100 1.11.7 ICS_RTL
    ENJOy
    Battery life

A bit premature report- but with the built in Kernel, and no Overclocking/undervaluing , and withut Juice defender installed, I have about 4% per hour drain BEFORE calibration (drain and full charge) .

My baseline until now, with undervolting and Ultimate juice was - 4% after calibration.

I'd say it is safe to assume battery life is as good or better than other ROMs I tried.

As for BUGS - all the ones reported until now on this thread do not show on my phone. I have to assume a full wipe is the answer. yes, it's annoying, but within 30 minutes of work after flashing- I have a very stable phone.

All my market apps work fine. Phone is cool (warmup is typical only when the SD card is scanned for music/pics) , battery life is more than decent (average 24 hours between charging, can't ask for more) , everything seems to work just fine. :cool: