[Game] [2.3+] Yolk!

Search This thread

igor_anta

May 22, 2010
Skopje
Hi fellow members of the xda community.

I'm happy to announce Yolk!, an infinite runner that's easy to learn but hard to master and will test your nerves more often than not.

5dj98o.jpg

The game is in beta at the moment and we'd like you to give it a go and tell us what you feel about it. Important points are:

- Performance: How does the game run and on what hardware (be specific, phone model and OS version).
- Gameplay: How does it feel, what sticks out and so on...
- Visuals: This is subjective, but if a lot of you think that something is ugly, than by all means it just might be ugly.
- Suggestions: This is tricky, since we're a small team that doesn't have a lot of time, but if you have a suggestion please share it here and we'll look at it.

The gameplay is pretty simple. The little critter runs like hell, and you job is to avoid the obstacles. A single collision is fatal so you need to be careful. There are powerups, but you need to collect three of a kind in order to activate them, ex. If you collect 2 magnets then one growth pill you lose the magnets and stand on one growth pill, etc.

There are also lives (hearts) that are pretty much continue coins. These don't affect the power up mechanism, so collect as mush and as often as you can.

Some screenshots of the game:

5a0ugy.jpg
_____
2w68o02.jpg

plzip.jpg
_____
2hcqa88.jpg

2193ng8.jpg
_____
15s4v2d.jpg

The apk is attached in this post. There is no Google Play link yet since the game is not ready. This is pretty much the exclusive first look you're getting here :)

Happy gaming and we're waiting on your feedback. Cheers.

Attachments

• Yolk.v0.1.apk
    16.8 MB · Views: 83

igor_anta

May 22, 2010
Skopje
The game feels like it was made with a lot of love! Graphics are really nice. I would suggest to make jumping a little "quicker", it feels a little slow. And a little more power ups.
I like it very much!

The graphics are exquisite man! And the gameplay is quite good. Great job overall buddy! Seems to be a hit in the making! All the best at the app stores!

Thanks for the kind words, it's always nice to see positive afirmation for your work.

The jumping mechanism is something we're polishing as time goes. I also feel it needs to be ironed out a bit as well.

More power-ups are on the card also. These where your suggestions could come in handy ;)

EDIT: How is the performance BTW, what phones are you running this on and do you feel choppiness or sluggish framerates?

zantekk

Jan 25, 2010
Cologne
zantekk.de
Thanks for the kind words, it's always nice to see positive afirmation for your work.

The jumping mechanism is something we're polishing as time goes. I also feel it needs to be ironed out a bit as well.

More power-ups are on the card also. These where your suggestions could come in handy ;)

EDIT: How is the performance BTW, what phones are you running this on and do you feel choppiness or sluggish framerates?

It doesn't feel any sluggish but I'm running it on a Z2 :p
Another thing I noticed is the sound-effects, they sound ver .non-polished.. For now I just play without sound cause the sound-effects take away some atmospehre, you really need to get some new ones^^

Reactions: igor_anta

igor_anta

May 22, 2010
Skopje
Another thing I noticed is the sound-effects, they sound ver .non-polished.. For now I just play without sound cause the sound-effects take away some atmospehre, you really need to get some new ones^^

I saw you sig the second after you asked the question :)

The sound effects are all stock at the moment, not polished at all. We might need a sound guy to fix that eventually.

igor_anta

May 22, 2010
Skopje
Shameless bump :)

Hoping to hear a few other opinions before we release an update for you to try out.

For now we intend to improve the jumping a bit, as zantekk pointed out, to reach the tip of the jumping arc faster then before, while the entire jumping arc itself would remain the same. We will probably implement a powerup where you mount a horse, one of those goofy ones in the background, and charge forward.

It would be really appreciated to hear some powerup suggestions from the community. Thanks for the help, cheers!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The game feels like it was made with a lot of love! Graphics are really nice. I would suggest to make jumping a little "quicker", it feels a little slow. And a little more power ups.
    I like it very much!
    The graphics are exquisite man! And the gameplay is quite good. Great job overall buddy! Seems to be a hit in the making! All the best at the app stores!

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone