[GAME][4.0.3+] One Second Song: A music quiz game with a twist

Search This thread

SuffAdvApps

Jan 8, 2014
Highland, CA
cLFoI2Yz2mX5uajaWTYSTc7Esr7C1EQG8Otx3siSlQjeI8J6mc4W7fsVIIJIojf4fVuk=w100

One Second Song is a game in which you listen to and identify popular songs.

The catch is that you will only hear a one-second clip of each song. It sounds hard, but you'll be surprised at how well you really know your favorite music.

There are many ways to play and many playlists to master. You can pick from nearly any genre (pop, rock, country, hip-hop/rap, r&b, electronic, classical, songs from each decade, and more), or find your favorite artists and play with their popular tunes. There are dozens of playlists to choose from and more are being added all the time.

There are several ways to play:
Easy - Guess the song from four possible answers
Hard - Guess the song from all possible answers

Casual Mode - Keep guessing songs for as long as you like.
Timed Mode - Guess as many songs as you can in three minutes
Quiz Mode - Try to guess all the songs with no time limit

As you master each playlist, you'll get rewarded with points that you can spend to get help in a game or to unlock new playlists.

One Second Song is free to play. All in-game content is unlockable without purchases, but impatient players can spend money to unlock playlists faster or to get help in-game.

Thanks, and enjoy!

Screenshots:
Rzjw9zvT9CPWhit3TgfjAgVPJ2f54iIYhS_Udc3KyTl9TXcTW1TqRUtSbjYwi1mUcQ=h310
6QF_r0-iTjyxImT6o2SejneuBoOWX00nL4JBL-87dz7--vkCcrCdNLeiqctjM4dV8Q=h310
XtTBUJ_tgtEkKKBh6rwjCz1WOYKviFIVDmBrLGbXZL0fyQdVIA2D6ftM1sHnjpu5uIS_=h310
hxmp5rkivFfZ8uZPH16ljn6sgpGknwSDupqmjMKS0PmnFasJI1qDmRlqFD_lHocbQn3z=h310
WkEDcScG0aoXJbHA5Sp-1B4Rn6kh55Z7d5b1eek5KLqvXr16yqBdNJkAtRr_6ts7afM=h310

Attachments

• 1.0.2.apk
    3.8 MB · Views: 63
Last edited:

SuffAdvApps

Jan 8, 2014
Highland, CA
Lots of updates since the release:
  • Added ability to favorite playlists (and have them appear at the top of the list)
  • Implemented system for telling users when an update is available
  • Fixed crash on startup related to in-app billing
  • Several bug fixes and UI changes

Get the latest version (1.0.2) from the Play Store, or download the apk (see above) and install manually.

Let me know what you think! Thanks!

kickandscream

May 18, 2015
kickandscream.info
Nice Game

Very entertaining once you have a mood for it :) Easy and nice gameplay - doesn't take long to guess which thing is what.

Did you integrate it with Facebook to share your progress or score? Perhaps, there is a way for leaderboard by Google Play to fit the game.

We have also rated it 5 stars and left our positive feedback on Play Store :good:

1a11ous

Jan 17, 2011
Pretty cool idea. I will give it a shot.

At only 3.8mb, I was wondering if you have the 1 second bits as part of the apk itself.

SuffAdvApps

Jan 8, 2014
Highland, CA
Very entertaining once you have a mood for it :) Easy and nice gameplay - doesn't take long to guess which thing is what.

Did you integrate it with Facebook to share your progress or score? Perhaps, there is a way for leaderboard by Google Play to fit the game.

We have also rated it 5 stars and left our positive feedback on Play Store :good:

Thanks for the rating, I'm glad you like it! Facebook integration is a work in progress- sharing shouldn't be too difficult but multiplayer and challenging friends is the main focus now, as well as adding new playlists. One day, some day, soon, if all goes well!

Pretty cool idea. I will give it a shot.

At only 3.8mb, I was wondering if you have the 1 second bits as part of the apk itself.
Thanks for checking it out! All the clips are stored on a backend server and downloaded when needed. Even though each second clip is only about 20kb, that still adds up to quite a bit, since there are several dozen playlists, with 50 songs each, and 5 (for now, at least) unique clips for each song. This way also lets me add new playlists as soon as they are made, instead of having to push a new apk every time.

One thing I want to look into is offline play, where the app would download all the necessary files (with the user's permission), so a bad internet connection or a lack of one wouldn't prevent people from playing. There hasn't been much vocal demand yet for this, so it's on the "future to-do" list for now.

Great questions, thanks for the feedback!