[GAME][4.0+] 3D Rolling Ball Game FREE

Search This thread

Arbiter7

Jun 18, 2014
Chicago
V1.0.9

I have published a new update for this game, and highly recommend updating as soon as possible because of the following:

-More analytics implemented

-Revised the invincible power up for level 23

-Fixed the camera control for rotation. Now your finger does not have to be 100% still to continue the rotation, there is much more leniency now.

Also, here is a new 1080p gameplay video! This has also been edited into the OP.

Last edited:

Arbiter7

Jun 18, 2014
Chicago
Just an update for you guys, I'll be upgrading to Unity5 this week. Not only that, but I should have all the analytics done as well with the next patch. Upgrading with Unity5 should increase performance thanks to an overhauled physics engine and I may even be able to enable shadows with no performance hit. Things are about to get real!

Arbiter7

Jun 18, 2014
Chicago
V1.1.0

V1.1.0 has been published! Analytic data has been finalized, the camera rotation speed has also been lowered for more precision, and a rare bug was fixed with the level 24 invincibility power-up. I will be upgrading to Unity5 which should increase performance of this game by 33% thanks to their updated physics engine. If that is the case I can also play around and maybe include dynamic shadows to the game :D

Arbiter7

Jun 18, 2014
Chicago
V1.1.1

V1.1.1 has been published! This update fixes a couple of quirky animation glitches, and levels 2, 3, and 4 have been modified to be slightly easier. There are slightly less platforms coming at you in level 4 and some of them also have reduced speed. The rotating cylinders in levels 2 and 3 are also slightly slower to make things easier and the collision on them has been enhanced as well.

Arbiter7

Jun 18, 2014
Chicago
V1.1.2

V1.1.2 has been published! This update does the following:

• Replaced the second hole in level 1 with a path.
  • Deleted one of the moving platforms in the beginning of level 3.
  • Revised some Analytic data.
  • Slightly increased left and right camera rotation speed.
  • Increased resolution of space skyboxes by 100%.
  • Landscape orientation can now instantly adjust to either side.

Last edited:

kickandscream

May 18, 2015
kickandscream.info
Workaround

There must be a different visualization of the arrows to control the ball perhaps as it gets quite annoying in a little while. Probably, a workaround is the arrows are displayed when a user touches the screen instead of constantly keeping them enabled. You can check other shooters or first/third person mobile games to see how they implemented it. In the meantime, the game is good--many engrossing levels.

Arbiter7

Jun 18, 2014
Chicago
There must be a different visualization of the arrows to control the ball perhaps as it gets quite annoying in a little while. Probably, a workaround is the arrows are displayed when a user touches the screen instead of constantly keeping them enabled. You can check other shooters or first/third person mobile games to see how they implemented it. In the meantime, the game is good--many engrossing levels.

Thanks for the feedback friend, you bring up a very good point! It was a very tough design decision, UIs in general are tricky because you have to balance controls and visible play areas.

Regarding the arrows, I tried to make them a little transparent so they don't block visuals completely, but I understand what your saying. I like your suggestion, it would work perfectly with joystick controls which I am still trying to implement.

I have a partially working one in the middle of the movement arrows, but I soon want to replace it. I don't know if having the arrows only appear when touching is a good idea because people may forget the position of the arrow, which could mean the difference between beating a level or falling off right before. I may opt for maybe making the arrows 50% transparent, but I'm not sure yet. What do you think?

kickandscream

May 18, 2015
kickandscream.info
Thanks for the feedback friend, you bring up a very good point! It was a very tough design decision, UIs in general are tricky because you have to balance controls and visible play areas.

Regarding the arrows, I tried to make them a little transparent so they don't block visuals completely, but I understand what your saying. I like your suggestion, it would work perfectly with joystick controls which I am still trying to implement.

I have a partially working one in the middle of the movement arrows, but I soon want to replace it. I don't know if having the arrows only appear when touching is a good idea because people may forget the position of the arrow, which could mean the difference between beating a level or falling off right before. I may opt for maybe making the arrows 50% transparent, but I'm not sure yet. What do you think?
As you said, implementing a joystick to be visible ontouch on the actual screen would be the perfect resolution. That way the users won't need to bother about the position of arrows as the joystick will control the character relatively.

To drop down the transparency is something that need to be well tested with different levels and their background that may appear. On the other hand, try reducing their size if that update is mandatory; however, I would keep focusing on the joystick.

Arbiter7

Jun 18, 2014
Chicago
As you said, implementing a joystick to be visible ontouch on the actual screen would be the perfect resolution. That way the users won't need to bother about the position of arrows as the joystick will control the character relatively.

To drop down the transparency is something that need to be well tested with different levels and their background that may appear. On the other hand, try reducing their size if that update is mandatory; however, I would keep focusing on the joystick.

Agreed, I definitely see the benefits of joystick controls and I am dying to put it in. I'm just having issues getting it to control the ball relatively. Currently, the one in the game works directionally, but not diagonally unless you have the joystick hovering over two directional arrows at the same time. And even when it does work diagonally it only goes at 45 degree angles, not very precise. This is definitely the biggest issue I want to clear up, but surprisingly a lot of people like the arrow controls, so I may just include control options. Do you also recommend joystick controls to control camera rotation? I like the arrows for these especially because they control rotation very precisely.

kickandscream

May 18, 2015
kickandscream.info
Agreed, I definitely see the benefits of joystick controls and I am dying to put it in. I'm just having issues getting it to control the ball relatively. Currently, the one in the game works directionally, but not diagonally unless you have the joystick hovering over two directional arrows at the same time. And even when it does work diagonally it only goes at 45 degree angles, not very precise. This is definitely the biggest issue I want to clear up, but surprisingly a lot of people like the arrow controls, so I may just include control options. Do you also recommend joystick controls to control camera rotation? I like the arrows for these especially because they control rotation very precisely.
Yes I think you may need to have two joysticks. One for the main character and one for the camera rotation. Sometimes you need make sure that you are going the right direction and in order to not mess it up with moving the main character the camera rotation feature may save the day. Try to play around with both joysticks and make sure they aren't complicated to the user nor too much for the UI if it makes sense.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After 8 months of hard, dedicated work and countless hours spent breaking the keyboard, our second 3D game has finally been released to the Google Play Store!

Download and enjoy this new professional rolling ball game for FREE right now!

Enjoy beautiful graphics, excellent music, massive levels, and challenging scenarios as you try to roll your way to the end of each level!

NO In App Purchases required! Earning 3 stars alone on each level will allow you to purchase ALL 23 ball skins! Earn 3 stars by getting at least 80% of all coins in each level, earn two stars by getting between 60% and 79%, and anything less than 60% will only net you 1 coin, and motivation to try again!

Game Features:

- 25 levels(with more to come soon!)

- HD/3D graphics.

- Massive environments and awesome events.

- Constant support and updates!

- Analytics.

- Each level is unique with it's own theme!

- SILKY smooth framerate!

- Interesting puzzles and timing.

- Cool controls.

- Attention to detail.

- Interactive main menu and skin purchasing.

- Vastly improves hand-eye coordination!

- IT'S COMPLETELY FREE!!

- Compatible with all devices with Android 4.0+

- Perfect for kids, casuals, and hardcore gamers!

Link to game : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Sempiternal.Boundz

Like our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sempiternal-Studios/247438805379844

Tweet with us! https://twitter.com/SempiternalStud

Add us on instagram too while you're at it =D https://instagram.com/sempiternalstudios/

**OUTSTANDING ISSUES**

- Improvements in joystick control.

- Multiplayer will be added soon, most likely on a local level first then globally.

- More levels will be added soon! 25 is more than enough to satisfy you all for a while :D

- So far this is a zero bug release, however if any bugs appear they will be patched immediately!

- We will try to get the file size smaller soon.

FINALLY!!!

omggg this is my dream game right here I like the other ball games on the market but so far this blow them out of the water I am on level 4 its really challenging but fun! Is very smooth and crisp on my LG G Flex I actually prefer the current control scheme over joystick I think it works better with the way you design this game but please check your inbox I sent you a pm about something