Game crashes, flickering and NvRmChannelSubmit failed

Search This thread

Holmlund

Jun 29, 2009
Im getting constant game crashes with 3D-games like GTA, ME: Infiltrator, Heroes Call etc. The screen goes crazy with flickering a couple of minutes into the game and sometimes it just crashes when starting up. Ive tried rebooting but at the most I get a couple of minutes before it crashes again, is anyone else having these problems?

Dont know what to try next except rooting and playing around with the schedulers.

In aLogcat im getting alot of these connected to the crash, seems to be memory related:
D/NvOsDebugPrintf( 5793): NvRmChannelSubmit failed (err = 196623, SyncPointValue = 1319148)

The Transformer Prime seems to have the same problem:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1753905

Skickat från min ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T via Tapatalk 2

Lox_Dev

Oct 7, 2007
Kanaky-New-Caledonia
Im getting constant game crashes with 3D-games like GTA, ME: Infiltrator, Heroes Call etc. The screen goes crazy with flickering a couple of minutes into the game and sometimes it just crashes when starting up. Ive tried rebooting but at the most I get a couple of minutes before it crashes again, is anyone else having these problems?

Dont know what to try next except rooting and playing around with the schedulers.

In aLogcat im getting alot of these connected to the crash, seems to be memory related:
D/NvOsDebugPrintf( 5793): NvRmChannelSubmit failed (err = 196623, SyncPointValue = 1319148)

The Transformer Prime seems to have the same problem:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1753905

I have the same issue with: Riptide, Great big war game, Demolition inc . The game stops and the screen flickers ...

There is a link to the issue in video, not my video, but same issue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTXPCCwUbYU&feature=player_detailpage#t=428s

(I just submitted a support request to ASUS)

Last edited:

droisntns

Mar 31, 2012
I have same problem with Six Guns game. Others have worked ok sofar. It's quite annoying.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

Gurocz

Nov 11, 2007
I've also had those issues with almost all 3D games, but factory reset (and rooting, but I don't know if there is some relation) solve them all..

Pretoriano80

Jun 9, 2010
I've tried almost all Tegra 3 compatible games and so far no issue at all, it works great. Some "old" games may not work but it's not the Infinity to blame.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Holmlund

Jun 29, 2009
A factory reset did the trick for me, no more crashing.

Lox_Dev

Oct 7, 2007
Kanaky-New-Caledonia
Here is the answer I got:

Dear valued customer
Thank you for contacting ASUS Technical Service

To resolve the issue, we recommend performing a full factory reset. Prior to performing the full factory reset, please back up all personal files because data will be erased during the process. Note that all your applications are tied to your Google account. Please remove the micro SD card if you have one inserted.
To perform a full factory reset please follow the instructions below:
1) Enter Settings menu
2) Select Privacy settings
3) Select Factory data reset
Once the factory reset starts, simply follow in onscreen instructions. When it is complete, the unit will restart.
If your could still not solve your problem after my suggestion, would you mind sending your product back to our local service center for comprehensive inspection and help you to fix the problem? If you do not mind, please try to contact our local service center for the process.
The following is the contact information:
http://www.asus.com.au/Static_WebPage/Service_Centre/

Reactions: esoxx

Pretoriano80

Jun 9, 2010
Guys maybe this will not help you but i've read that some users fixed the gaming issues by using the stock launcher instead of a 3rd party one. They where using Apex launcher and had lot of stuttering in games but maybe other launchers could cause the same issue.
I'm using Nova and have zero issues with games.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

jubbleys

Oct 24, 2010
I found limiting processes to 4 sorted all my issues and it has zero effect on the other function of my tablet

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

CandyAndy

Jul 29, 2009
I found limiting processes to 4 sorted all my issues and it has zero effect on the other function of my tablet

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

This is the Asus memory issue which is haunting all of their tablets.

I also got this crashing with Samurai Vs Zombies and other 3D games. All 2d games were ok.

But now because of many other problems already sent my unit back. Too bad didn't immediately get changed for new one and it went to Asus repair center.. Thank god for once didn't root my unit :D

jubbleys

Oct 24, 2010
so do you think this is a hardware memory issue or just a software one?

not sure why it happens to some people and not others.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
This is the Asus memory issue which is haunting all of their tablets.

I also got this crashing with Samurai Vs Zombies and other 3D games. All 2d games were ok.

But now because of many other problems already sent my unit back. Too bad didn't immediately get changed for new one and it went to Asus repair center.. Thank god for once didn't root my unit :D

This is true. likely a memory leak. hopefully jb solves this.

so do you think this is a hardware memory issue or just a software one?

not sure why it happens to some people and not others.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Most likely a software issue. its not happening uniformly because everyone set up is different.

theman88

Aug 23, 2012
Like someone else posted the only way I was getting away from that problem was closing all running apps after a reboot and it seemed to go away for a week then it struck again today ;\

tsymyn

Aug 10, 2010
North Louisiana
well updated to jellybean and so far so good.

You got the official update or have some working JB build on there? I just checked again and it's not showing for me yet...

I had no problems up until about a week ago, now every 3D game except Mini Motor does the crashing/flickering. The weird thing is, with Hero's Call in particular, the game keeps running, it just stops updating the screen. I can hear my butt getting kicked until I touch where the pause button is, then then just background music. Another touch and I'm being hacked up again, etc. Since it always seems to freak out alternating between two frames, I would guess it's a buffering issue. I wouldn't be surprised if JB fixed it, since it approaches the frame buffer in a very different way...

hajalie24

Apr 9, 2011
Try booting into the recovery and clearing the cache. It solved the problem for me. To do this hold the power button and volume down button. When you see the text on the top left screen press the volume up button.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is the answer I got:

Dear valued customer
    Thank you for contacting ASUS Technical Service

To resolve the issue, we recommend performing a full factory reset. Prior to performing the full factory reset, please back up all personal files because data will be erased during the process. Note that all your applications are tied to your Google account. Please remove the micro SD card if you have one inserted.
    To perform a full factory reset please follow the instructions below:
    1) Enter Settings menu
    2) Select Privacy settings
    3) Select Factory data reset
    Once the factory reset starts, simply follow in onscreen instructions. When it is complete, the unit will restart.
    If your could still not solve your problem after my suggestion, would you mind sending your product back to our local service center for comprehensive inspection and help you to fix the problem? If you do not mind, please try to contact our local service center for the process.
    The following is the contact information:
    http://www.asus.com.au/Static_WebPage/Service_Centre/