[GAME] Eggs 08-19-09

hermanm

Mar 26, 2008
Who remembers those old handheld games with monochrome lcds?

Here's a Windows Mobile version of a Russian version of the game.

The game is simple, all you have to do is catch the eggs as they fall.

The bunny that shows up on the screen is on your side, you will only lose half a point if you drop an egg, otherwise you lose a life.

You have 3 lives to keep you going, and if you make it to 200 or 500 points you lost lives will be given back to you.

See how many you can catch and don't forget that the eggs start falling faster as you keep playing.

THIS GAME REQUIRES OPENGL

UPDATE v1.1
Added WVGA and WQVGA Support

Update v1.2
Minor fixes, reported to work much better :)

Supported Resolutions: VGA (Tested), QVGA (Should Work), WVGA and WQVGA (Awaiting confirmation)

For those of you that have problems running the game, install the attached libGSES_CM.cab file.

Attachments

Last edited:

p.brazauskas

Mar 26, 2009
Nice work man!

Brings childhood memory back :D

It's kind of hard to play on diamond tho :) was easier on original device ;)

But thumbs up, great game!

bugsykoosh

Jun 16, 2007
Nice work man!

Brings childhood memory back :D

It's kind of hard to play on diamond tho :) was easier on original device ;)

But thumbs up, great game!
you find it hard to play? Is it screen sensitivity? I was playing it one handed yesterday and even then I was doing pretty well:)

Sparkz914

Feb 9, 2009
City of Bright Lights
No it still froze and made my TF3D crash and just appeared as a white screen and no soft resets or anything fixed it so i had to do a hard reset to reinstall the rom lol....oh well....and then to make matters worse I left my phone at work in the bathroom and can't get it until 10am...4 hours to go

Sparkz914

Feb 9, 2009
City of Bright Lights
doesn't sound like Eggs would have done that... it's just a small app and does absolutely no system changes of any kind...
Yea I know it was weird, the TF3D was still there and I could switch the different screens but it was white and I would see a few words or a number.. It all happened when I put the OpenGL into my Windows Directory

xeirwn

Sep 22, 2007
tried it on my Xda Flame and it doesnt work..
gives errors like: Eggs.frmGame.InitGL()

like most other opengl apps for Diamond :mad:

cheeseus

Mar 18, 2009
Veliko Tarnovo
WVGA and VGA error

I tried running it on my Sharp S01SH. I get:
MissingMethodException
Can't find PInvoke DLL 'libgles_cm.dll'.
at OpenGLES.egl.GetDisplay (EGLNativeDisplayType display_id)
at Eggs.frmGame.InitGL()
at Eggs.frmGame..ctor()
at Eggs.Program.Main()

Tested it on my other device, W-ZERO3 (VGA) and get the same error.

Too bad. I remember playing this game when I was 13 or 14.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

cheeseus

Mar 18, 2009
Veliko Tarnovo
WVGA error

Hi, I installed OpenGL. I actually first placed the DLL file available here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=525315 directly in the Windows directory. The game returned the same error as above.
Then I installed your CAB. The game now starts but loads in portrait mode with the controls badly positioned. When I try switching to landscape, the screen becomes a real mess. Will try on the VGA device and post report in a while.

Attachments

cheeseus

Mar 18, 2009
Veliko Tarnovo
VGA error

Tried it on the VGA device as well.
Game seems to load normally - at least buttons are where supposed. However, when I press Start the buttons disappear and nothing happens. After I minimize the program and then return to it, I get some error with a loooong description. Here's the beginning of it:

InvalidOperationException
at System.Media.Waveparser.CheckNativeError (Int32 error)
at System.Media.WaveParser.Play (Boolean synchronously, Boolean looping)
at System.Media.SoundPlayer.doPlay (Boolean synchronously, Boolean looping)
at Eggs.Egg..ctor()

Hope this helps your development!:)

Oh, forgot to add, I get the same error on the WVGA device after a couple attempts to switch the screen from landscape to portrait and back.

bugsykoosh

Jun 16, 2007
Juts tried it on a stock Touch Pro 2 with .Net 3.5 loaded and it works without a problem. It's not full screen but otherwise it's fine