General Game Optimizing Service / "App-Performance-Limitter" on S22 Ultra?

Search This thread
Just finished recording - will still need to put a video but let me share the results!

I tried the exact same method for disablement of GOS (netguard) cutting of access + wiping data for those apps to get rid of the "rules" they download. Also used perfdog to check and it seems that even for the Exynos 2200 version:
- GOS ON: CPU clock would be 1100mHz - 1400mHz with peaks of 1600Mhz and the GPU clock would stay 305-405Mhz
- GOS OFF: CPU will hit 1700mHz more often but GPU clock would do 400mHz-500Mhz

Interesting indeed! Also there seems a bit of disconnect when reading FPS via GPU watch (and perfz) or directly with PerfDog but that I d guess is expected.

Will put a video later.
So disabling GOS gives You higher clocks but lower FPS?

velqn

Nov 15, 2007
Where did you get Package Disabler Pro? I had it years ago and cannot locate it on the Play Store.
So disabling GOS gives You higher clocks but lower FPS?
No, FPS readings with perfdog where consistenly more (not so much) but at least very stable.

At the end though I switched all GOS components back and ran GPUwatch and it was still very playable, I have mixed feelings - maybe for a prolonged play - w/o GOS make sense or let`s say if you are really competitive.

The saddest part is that I tried PUBG and Asphalt 9 and those games run only on 30 FPS still on the S22 Ultra (Exynos)... So Genshin can do 40-60 fps and alto`s odyssey can do 90-120 fps and that`s about it for now from what I ve seen...

Hudrator

Found another video for comparison between GOS = OFF betwenn SD8Gen1 and Exynos 2200

Seems like some of the tools used for gathering data are at the moment not able to read out values for the xclipse gpu.
also in the end one can see that at least in this test based on Genshin the exynos device had some advantages regarding power consumption compared to the SD. Given that the SD has a better overall performance and stability. Seems like to some degree samsung was focussing on powerconsumption instead of overall performance - which i would appreciate if correct

Reactions: velqn

Hudrator

@velqn
First let me thank you for your effort - to be frankly speeking: I am a bit puzzeled.

as far as i see even with GOS = Off the X2 core seems to be limited to some degree, capping it at 1728MHz. We litteraly see no peaks above that value. Which can of course be due to the scheduling of the OS and taking into account the charts ARM presented could be resonable when thinking of efficeny. Strangely the same seems to apply to the other clusters as well. - 1728MHz. Just to remember - these cores are advertised to run with a max of 2.8 / 2.5 / 1.8 GHz. And we are seeing kind of hard breaks at 2/3 of the clockspeeds.
Other apps or benchmarks as reference would be helpful. I can only guess that from a CPU side of things this is applied to keep the Cores in the most efficient clockspeedrange, trying to avoid to get into the "expensive" areas in reagrds of performance / energy ratio.
Personally speaking i have some doubts that this is the best approach or "way of" scheduling. But at least it is simple :p

Also the GPU seems to have a max. at 500MHz... which would be quiet low to the competition and as written before way lower then all expectations. and noticeably it runs on max nearly all the time which is not the case for GOS ON.
So the question occurring: What is happening beside GPU / CPU clockspeed adjustment.
I mean your tests shows cleary that the CPU clockspeeds as well as the GPU speeds are lower. MUCH lower. While delivering the same fps.
The only explanation i have in mind at the moment could be a change in rendering resolution, which is done automatically or other changes that are related to graphic settings.

Your thoughts?

velqn

Nov 15, 2007
@velqn
First let me thank you for your effort - to be frankly speeking: I am a bit puzzeled.

as far as i see even with GOS = Off the X2 core seems to be limited to some degree, capping it at 1728MHz. We litteraly see no peaks above that value. Which can of course be due to the scheduling of the OS and taking into account the charts ARM presented could be resonable when thinking of efficeny. Strangely the same seems to apply to the other clusters as well. - 1728MHz. Just to remember - these cores are advertised to run with a max of 2.8 / 2.5 / 1.8 GHz. And we are seeing kind of hard breaks at 2/3 of the clockspeeds.
Other apps or benchmarks as reference would be helpful. I can only guess that from a CPU side of things this is applied to keep the Cores in the most efficient clockspeedrange, trying to avoid to get into the "expensive" areas in reagrds of performance / energy ratio.
Personally speaking i have some doubts that this is the best approach or "way of" scheduling. But at least it is simple :p

Also the GPU seems to have a max. at 500MHz... which would be quiet low to the competition and as written before way lower then all expectations. and noticeably it runs on max nearly all the time which is not the case for GOS ON.
So the question occurring: What is happening beside GPU / CPU clockspeed adjustment.
I mean your tests shows cleary that the CPU clockspeeds as well as the GPU speeds are lower. MUCH lower. While delivering the same fps.
The only explanation i have in mind at the moment could be a change in rendering resolution, which is done automatically or other changes that are related to graphic settings.

Your thoughts?

Very well said! Honestly I am a bit puzzled and lightly frustrated as I have been doing this GOS on/off test since the Note 20 Ultra/S21 and now with the S22U all strictly Exynos units. Exynos 2100 at the end after many updates was more or less stabilized to a point where even in my 1 hour torture throttle test it behaved more steadily then the Exynos 2200 - but this is the typical Samsung story - they release the latest gen and it takes so much months and updates to make it OK to a point where they need to release the next SoC and series.

So that`s a bit frustrating - going with the latest phone & SoC will get you a minor increase if even no increase at all. But let`s say we are used on Sammy doing that. Now with the Exynos 2200 and the Xclipse 920 things were supposed to be different - or at least were market differently - remember the Exynos 2200 launch - gaming revolution, new era, the AMD GPU and the RDNA v2 with the huge potential of hardware RTX ray tracing and the VRS variable rate shading... and when it launched it was quickly discovered that the Adreno 730 was 30-40% faster than the Xclipse... but then drivers were blamed...

Now back on the question What is happening beside GPU / CPU clockspeed adjustment.

There were some posts back here pointing to a KR forum where a bit more insight has been provided on how the latest GOS works - what was covered in Max`s W. tweet in an android police article also touch based on the things discovered on this KR forum:

It's also not your usual throttling. So far as Android Police's Max Weinbach can tell digging into some of the code that appears to control it, it's incredibly sophisticated, balancing multiple parameters like temperature, expected battery level at different times, CPU speed, and predicted FPS benefits when determining what sorts of resources a given game gets. This tuning likely varies from app to app and game to game, so the benchmark numbers you see reported here and elsewhere may not be accurate to all circumstances.

Also when this issue unraveled Samsung said the following:

Our priority is to deliver the best mobile experience for consumers. We value the feedback we receive about our products and after careful consideration, we plan to roll out a software update soon so users can control the performance while running game apps,”

and

“The Game Optimizing Service (GOS) has been designed to help game apps achieve a great performance while managing device temperature effectively. GOS does not manage the performance of non-gaming apps,”
So I am now even more puzzled - it seems that when GOS is on some heavy acrobatics are performed in the background - and that actually might not be bad if it`s done in a controlled way and if the user has the option to opt -in/out.

Now the issue with that is the following - it`s just so scattered. What do I have in my mind:
1. First there is the GOS - it has a priority mode
2. Then there is the Game Plugins with Priority and Game Booster Plus mode
3. Then there is the Thermal Guardian part of Good Guardians where you can adjust temp setting with -/+ 2 degrees °C
4. Then we have the enhanced/balanced/maximum processing settings via Device Care / Battery

So what takes precedence? When you enable Game Booster Plus you get some messages that some of the other modes might not work as expected so it`s probably a good start - but it seems to me like many dev teams works in silo mode - working on the same components or part of them - not necessarily sharing knowledge.

So besides the GPU/CPU clockspeed does Samsung rely on changing CPU governors parameters, i.e. did they implement a smart overclock in real time based on some parameters readings? Is that effective at all?

Samsung are pushing more & more for that sustained performance and when I was testing the day 0 updated and the March AVBF update it seems that they sacrificed a bit of the peak performance to get more sustained performance over time.

If you want to jag up your phone and get the best of it probably that wont work. Samsung say they will issue a software update to allow us to control the performance while running game apps but all of this somehow happens even now.

What I think they can do be a bit more transparent and they tried to do so -but it all seems like gimmicks, e.g. the Game Booster Plus will give you options to go for MAX FPS or MAX quality or performance, and you can change/tweak this settings individually for all games. And then we come to the Geekbench controversy - them deciding to delist Samsung as ti seems that they do not affect benchmarks with their "clever" or "not so clever" overclocking capabilities.

The solution might be again something related with transparency - keep this clever algorithms to measure 1000 things and decide what`s best for you, so that you are not unhappy when playing but you still have some battery at the end and you phone doesnt burn your hands...

and give the user the option to switch all of that - but natively from the system. What`s the point of making GOS as a system apps and getting the users to find alternative ways to mess up with this - just make this as a standard option.

Combine all the power management + performance management settings in a single dashboard so that they are not scattered all over the places... that would be a good start.

Hudrator

@velqn
Nicely summerized.

Regarding the xclipse features like raytracing and so on: I guess this would be benefits which will depend on the game devs. So given that after some major changes from Exynos 990 to 2200 guess it would be time for a baseline which developers might rely on. Also some invests from Samsung might be usefull to get things like genshin / PUPG to really make use of this or advertise this as "samsung exclusive". As long as other vendors are not jumping on this wagon i guess these features will "idle" around... At least i can't see real benefit at the current situation.
Which getting me to the other point:
Whats the benefit of all this GOS.

Basically we are seeing a huge amount of effort taken to optimize the experience of the device.
How ever: Looking on the big picture - Are other devices performing significantly worse? Or Samsung significantly better?
At the moment i would say "no". Not want to be "ungreatful" to samsung, but as they told us: This is only for gameing (we will see how things turn out for this).
So basically all the other functions won't benefit from all this complex optimization process. Once again i am not sure if this kind of optimization is really effectiv... As far as i read, ARM has spend some good time into think and optimize for example the scheduler / govenors for the big.LITTLE architecture. Not speaking of the de-clustrized approach.
Working with "static" caps and baselines seems to waste a lot of theses efforts. Also your tests and some others have shown that, depending on the usecase, a good portion of ressources won't be used likely. Which is a shame in many ways.

Another aspect is the impact on the industry: We have to keep in mind das samsung has a mighty tooling with GOS to push certain apps (and vice versa). Also, from an App developers point of view, developing for samsung phones is kind of a hit and miss, as you can't rely on anything. If sammy things, settings aren't suiting "theire" overall theme, they can easily change it and developer efforts are ... well thrown in the bin.

As for the geekbench topic: Seems to me that the Android-OEMs are in a kind of deadlock. You need the higher benches to justify the new generations and prices (not to mention the comparison to apple) but you can't really get the performance on the track (or maybe just for a really short amount of time). Also the years of HW unification are now showing there negative effects.
The only real solution, to build / develop / produce highly custumized SoCs, died along with Moongoose - at least for Samsung.

Seeing all this makes me think, that samsung might just introduce a more performance oriented mode for GOS... Which is at least something but... even if it is still disappointing.

velqn

Nov 15, 2007
@velqn
Nicely summerized.

Regarding the xclipse features like raytracing and so on: I guess this would be benefits which will depend on the game devs. So given that after some major changes from Exynos 990 to 2200 guess it would be time for a baseline which developers might rely on. Also some invests from Samsung might be usefull to get things like genshin / PUPG to really make use of this or advertise this as "samsung exclusive". As long as other vendors are not jumping on this wagon i guess these features will "idle" around... At least i can't see real benefit at the current situation.

Basically we are seeing a huge amount of effort taken to optimize the experience of the device.
How ever: Looking on the big picture - Are other devices performing significantly worse? Or Samsung significantly better?
At the moment i would say "no". Not want to be "ungreatful" to samsung, but as they told us: This is only for gameing (we will see how things turn out for this).
So basically all the other functions won't benefit from all this complex optimization process. Once again i am not sure if this kind of optimization is really effectiv... As far as i read, ARM has spend some good time into think and optimize for example the scheduler / govenors for the big.LITTLE architecture. Not speaking of the de-clustrized approach.
Working with "static" caps and baselines seems to waste a lot of theses efforts. Also your tests and some others have shown that, depending on the usecase, a good portion of ressources won't be used likely. Which is a shame in many ways.

Another aspect is the impact on the industry: We have to keep in mind das samsung has a mighty tooling with GOS to push certain apps (and vice versa). Also, from an App developers point of view, developing for samsung phones is kind of a hit and miss, as you can't rely on anything. If sammy things, settings aren't suiting "theire" overall theme, they can easily change it and developer efforts are ... well thrown in the bin.

As for the geekbench topic: Seems to me that the Android-OEMs are in a kind of deadlock. You need the higher benches to justify the new generations and prices (not to mention the comparison to apple) but you can't really get the performance on the track (or maybe just for a really short amount of time). Also the years of HW unification are now showing there negative effects.
The only real solution, to build / develop / produce highly custumized SoCs, died along with Moongoose - at least for Samsung.

Seeing all this makes me think, that samsung might just introduce a more performance oriented mode for GOS... Which is at least something but... even if it is still disappointing.
Yep... we will wait & see but as you said it after Moongoose they put all the cards on the table and embraced ARM architecture and it`s not terribly bad... Exynos gets a lot of hate, re the previous GEN I had the Mi 11 with Snap 888 and I had S21/S21+/S21 Ultra with Exynos 2200 and the Exynos was able to keep up.

I reached out to Samsung tech support re the RTX I was just curious to ask what they know and will be willing to share, and as we expected it depends on the game developers.

Another example - like you said - developing for Samsung phones is hit & miss - some folks wanted me to test PUBG - but PUGB does only support 30 FPS (at least for now), all the fancy ultra/HDR mode still not available for the S22 Ultra (guess for the S22 series) and the phone is out a month already.

Next thing I ran is Asphalt same story - only 30 FPS. If they are able to put a mechanism in place to allocate top resources at least over the span of 1 or 2 hours with the disclaimer that you are willing to take the excessive heat + drain the battery - but then imagine - playing like this in a hot summer with 30+ ambient temps - so I do get it why they would want to hold the horses sometimes... and no matter what they do when the heat gets too much phone will throttle...

You mention Apple, I asked one of my friends to send me his Geekbench score from an iPhone 13 Pro and it`s devastating to see the gap between Apple's 15 Bionic and the 8gen1 Snap and Exynos 2200... and imagine this and the M1 :)

Also the years of HW unification are now showing there negative effects - Can`t agree more with this statement!

It`s sad after so many years that in the Android landscape we are down to 3-4 SoCs, Snap, Exynos, Mediatek and the Kirin.

The latest MediaTek Dimensity 9000 shows some promising results and I would be happy to finally have some competition in that domain - previous MTK chips and SoC were plagued with lacking support and slow to no updates.

I do also hope that Samsung and AMD will somehow miraculously push through some updates for the GPU so that we get all the whistle and the bells from this GPU or it might be the case that S22 series is just the showcase, the early adopter unit and they make it better in S23/S24... hehe:)

For now at least we will wait to get this promised update and see what they will implement, I hope they will present an option to suspend natively GOS but I doubt they will do so exposing the device running and raw max power/settings over a prolonged time. Will be something in between I guess.

Hudrator

It`s sad after so many years that in the Android landscape we are down to 3-4 SoCs, Snap, Exynos, Mediatek and the Kirin.

The latest MediaTek Dimensity 9000 shows some promising results and I would be happy to finally have some competition in that domain - previous MTK chips and SoC were plagued with lacking support and slow to no updates.
Kirin... pls don't make me cry... Missing huawei in this game so much. Especially for modem development...

I do also hope that Samsung and AMD will somehow miraculously push through some updates for the GPU so that we get all the whistle and the bells from this GPU
I am hoping this too. To be honest, i actually was thinking that the clockspeed of the gpu was kept low to get some more infos about real world usage... as written before, all rumors pointed twoards much higher clock-speeds which might have burned the whole phone seeing the acutal power consumption :-D

Reactions: CyberEvo and velqn

velqn

Nov 15, 2007
Kirin... pls don't make me cry... Missing huawei in this game so much. Especially for modem development...

I am hoping this too. To be honest, i actually was thinking that the clockspeed of the gpu was kept low to get some more infos about real world usage... as written before, all rumors pointed twoards much higher clock-speeds which might have burned the whole phone seeing the acutal power consumption :-D
Yeess man... so said the US f*cked up GMS for Huawei I have owned some Huawei devices and they were GOOD - we had a real competition back then, not any more. Especially in the US, what can you get that has Android? Samsung and... some chineese brands that have global versions - but it`s so limited...

i actually was thinking that the clockspeed of the gpu was kept low to get some more infos about real world usage..

I really hope this is the case - I hope that Samsung can push AMD if possible to unleash somehow that performance or at least be on par with Adrenos...

velqn

Nov 15, 2007
So, can the GOS be disabled by any app?
Not really sadly. So far I have tried 3 methods confirmed working.

1. First method used also by Golden R. - Netguard - simply block system apps data access, disable data, clear cache & storage from those apps, restart phone, enabe data - the clearing of cache & storage is required to remove the info downloaded on all you games you have - I guess the rules GOS is using to influence performance based on game played
2. Second method is using Alliance Shield - it did not work some months ago - license was revoked - but the last version works - required knox admin + device owner on your device - NO ROOT - it`s free
3. Third method is using CCSWE app manager (not samsung version) - cost 3.5 USD and requires ADB connection to your phone, also removing ALL your accounts and make the CCSWER app manager device admin + owner via ADB, after that you can add your accounts back.

There are also the ADB methods but people reporting they are not so stable, after reboot GOS activates again and etc.

Last edited:

KasyaDMHH

Feb 4, 2015

1. First method used also by Golden R. - Netguard - simply block system apps data access, disable data, clear cache & storage from those apps, restart phone, enabe data - the clearing of cache & storage is required to remove the info downloaded on all you games you have - I guess the rules GOS is using to influence performance based on game played
2. Second method is using Alliance Shield - it did not work some months ago - license was revoked - but the last version works - required knox admin + device owner on your device - NO ROOT - it`s free
3. Third method is using CCSWE app manager (not samsung version) - cost 3.5 USD and requires ADB connection to your phone, also removing ALL your accounts and make the CCSWER app manager device admin + owner via ADB, after that you can add your accounts back.

There are also the ADB methods but people reporting they are not so stable, after reboot GOS activates again and etc.
FYI: If you have AdGuard, you can use it instead NetGuard.

For me works like charm.

p40403

Feb 20, 2012

i used lycan
I share this app here, it's free
no one replied to me
lycan have an advantage is that certain services can be disabled individually
Enables game tools and boosters to work
Screenshot_20220309-013439_Lycan.png

D

Deleted member 9933694

And what's about the method via PackageDisabler? For me it seems like that works too. Or is that a placebo?

FYI: If you have AdGuard, you can use it instead NetGuard.

For me works like charm.

That's a good Point. Thanks for that hint.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am really amused to see so much discussion on this here on XDA and social media as well. For 98% of the folks, as long as your phone runs smooth and gives you an all day battery life, enjoy it. Many app developers are also not saints. They may leak data and bloat code etc so OEMs need to take the matter in their hands. For avid gamers, they should probably get a gaming machine and use phones only for casual gaming. With current tech limits, gaming on phones will necessitate some tweaks to optimize performance. Apple is polished because it simply stops everything else in the background and focuses ONLY on 1 task on the foreground. And iPhones also do heat up after sometime while gaming.
    It's really not the OEM's place to "take matter into their own hands". Don't push your use case on everyone else. Samsung does not know my user case, just like Apple does not know my use case, just like YOU don't know my use case. People bought this (and other, like the OP9) phone partially due to benchmark scores that should translate into performance metrics for their use case. When that's not the case, then they should be mad they got a paperweight. Check out the GOS enabled geekscore, it's basically a GS10. Why should users be happy they got a smooth UI experience when the things they actually want to do on a phone is gimped?

Your sentiment on a gaming machine... are you serious? This phone costs more than an actual mid-upper tier gaming PC. Some people like to play games on their phones, and some games are mobile only.

Again, optimizing by itself is not necessarily a bad thing. They just need to make it an opt-in experience, explain what it does clearly, let the users choose which apps to "optimize", and start letting people use their hardware like their own.
    @velqn

Your thoughts?

Very well said! Honestly I am a bit puzzled and lightly frustrated as I have been doing this GOS on/off test since the Note 20 Ultra/S21 and now with the S22U all strictly Exynos units. Exynos 2100 at the end after many updates was more or less stabilized to a point where even in my 1 hour torture throttle test it behaved more steadily then the Exynos 2200 - but this is the typical Samsung story - they release the latest gen and it takes so much months and updates to make it OK to a point where they need to release the next SoC and series.

So that`s a bit frustrating - going with the latest phone & SoC will get you a minor increase if even no increase at all. But let`s say we are used on Sammy doing that. Now with the Exynos 2200 and the Xclipse 920 things were supposed to be different - or at least were market differently - remember the Exynos 2200 launch - gaming revolution, new era, the AMD GPU and the RDNA v2 with the huge potential of hardware RTX ray tracing and the VRS variable rate shading... and when it launched it was quickly discovered that the Adreno 730 was 30-40% faster than the Xclipse... but then drivers were blamed...

Now back on the question What is happening beside GPU / CPU clockspeed adjustment.

There were some posts back here pointing to a KR forum where a bit more insight has been provided on how the latest GOS works - what was covered in Max`s W. tweet in an android police article also touch based on the things discovered on this KR forum:

It's also not your usual throttling. So far as Android Police's Max Weinbach can tell digging into some of the code that appears to control it, it's incredibly sophisticated, balancing multiple parameters like temperature, expected battery level at different times, CPU speed, and predicted FPS benefits when determining what sorts of resources a given game gets. This tuning likely varies from app to app and game to game, so the benchmark numbers you see reported here and elsewhere may not be accurate to all circumstances.

Also when this issue unraveled Samsung said the following:

Our priority is to deliver the best mobile experience for consumers. We value the feedback we receive about our products and after careful consideration, we plan to roll out a software update soon so users can control the performance while running game apps,”

and

“The Game Optimizing Service (GOS) has been designed to help game apps achieve a great performance while managing device temperature effectively. GOS does not manage the performance of non-gaming apps,”
    So I am now even more puzzled - it seems that when GOS is on some heavy acrobatics are performed in the background - and that actually might not be bad if it`s done in a controlled way and if the user has the option to opt -in/out.

Now the issue with that is the following - it`s just so scattered. What do I have in my mind:
    1. First there is the GOS - it has a priority mode
    2. Then there is the Game Plugins with Priority and Game Booster Plus mode
    3. Then there is the Thermal Guardian part of Good Guardians where you can adjust temp setting with -/+ 2 degrees °C
    4. Then we have the enhanced/balanced/maximum processing settings via Device Care / Battery

So what takes precedence? When you enable Game Booster Plus you get some messages that some of the other modes might not work as expected so it`s probably a good start - but it seems to me like many dev teams works in silo mode - working on the same components or part of them - not necessarily sharing knowledge.

So besides the GPU/CPU clockspeed does Samsung rely on changing CPU governors parameters, i.e. did they implement a smart overclock in real time based on some parameters readings? Is that effective at all?

Samsung are pushing more & more for that sustained performance and when I was testing the day 0 updated and the March AVBF update it seems that they sacrificed a bit of the peak performance to get more sustained performance over time.

If you want to jag up your phone and get the best of it probably that wont work. Samsung say they will issue a software update to allow us to control the performance while running game apps but all of this somehow happens even now.

What I think they can do be a bit more transparent and they tried to do so -but it all seems like gimmicks, e.g. the Game Booster Plus will give you options to go for MAX FPS or MAX quality or performance, and you can change/tweak this settings individually for all games. And then we come to the Geekbench controversy - them deciding to delist Samsung as ti seems that they do not affect benchmarks with their "clever" or "not so clever" overclocking capabilities.

The solution might be again something related with transparency - keep this clever algorithms to measure 1000 things and decide what`s best for you, so that you are not unhappy when playing but you still have some battery at the end and you phone doesnt burn your hands...

and give the user the option to switch all of that - but natively from the system. What`s the point of making GOS as a system apps and getting the users to find alternative ways to mess up with this - just make this as a standard option.

Combine all the power management + performance management settings in a single dashboard so that they are not scattered all over the places... that would be a good start.
    Maybe instead of panicking and basing decisions on headlines and mob mentality you think about the reasons why this might have been done to start with?

Most of if not all of these apps will be very poorly optimised in general but especially for the hardware in the S22 series of devices - this means that left unchecked they will use more resources than they really need to, warming up the devices causing thermal throttling to kick in and draining the battery fast (as well as possibly reducing the lifespan of certain components).

This APK keeps these things in check, but for games where you really need more performance you can use gamebooster to switch to performance mode and recovery virtually all the lost power (if not all of it) - making it your choice to sacrifice heat and battery life for performance when you need it, not all the time.
    Here's a link to my thread, i debloat Samsung firmware including GOS (Game Optimizing Service) for the best performance and battery.
    @velqn
    Nicely summerized.