[Game][PUZZLE] Colour Guess, a fast paced brain training game

Search This thread

phil3992

Oct 15, 2014
sXTc8zN.png

Welcome to colour guess, a fast paced brain training game where you the user must link the correct colour word to the matching coloured button ignoring the colour of the font, all before the timer runs out. Colour Guess 4 Modes (with more in development) each with four increasing difficulties.

Classic: Match the word to the correct colour button ignoring the colour of the font.
Classic+: Buttons are no longer static they randomly switch positions with another.
Mirror: Match the colour of the font to the matching button.
Mirror+: Mirror rules with non static buttons.

Updates are actively being worked on. Colour is an independently produced app by a recent university graduate .

CgtwaI1.png

YEvFRxs.png

To see colour guess in action see the gameplay demo here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mazrjMNgVjQ

To download: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.colour.colourguessfree

Please rate and be sure to let me know what you think. Thank you for your time!

Last edited:

phil3992

Oct 15, 2014
Really fun to play :) I guess I have to practice in order to get fast enough ^^

Thanks glad you like it. Practise can really help get better high scores, one of the core aims was that to get good at the game you would have to play a little bit each day thus keeping your brain active, after a few days of practise it is really noticeable of a score improvement.

phil3992

Oct 15, 2014
UPDATE V 1 . 1

New mode Ultra Hard, Buttons are no longer static in this new mode making even more of a challenge with button randomly swapping position.!

Update also contains layout improvements.

Please share and give feedback about colour guess

e23t93

Oct 28, 2014
Mumbai
A very simple game, however, it does get complicated when the colour of the word and that of the block is different. Good work none the less!
If you could increase the time to select each block, it would really help the player.

Last edited:
Reactions: phil3992

phil3992

Oct 15, 2014
A very simple game, however, it does get complicated when the colour of the word and that of the block is different. Good work none the less!
If you could increase the time to select each block, it would really help the player.

Thank you for the kind words, yes it can get a bit complex but the more you play you can really notice the improvement of high scores. As for the timing I can give them a tweak, I did run a closed beta test with people of varied ages and felt I had worked out the correct amount of time for difficulties. I will continue to monitor this and most likely give more time especially in the new mode.

pointytower

Nov 21, 2014
Kansas City
This is a fun game: the concept is really cool, and it can get pretty addictive. An interesting game mode might be to give the player more time at the beginning to pick the right color, and then speed up as the game continues. My only (pretty major) criticism is that it looks like there wasn't very much effort put into making the game look nice. For example, the main menu screen is poorly laid out: there's a lot of empty space, and I think the game could benefit from a nicer looking font. Overall, I think this is a great game, and if the visual presentation of the game matched the quality of the gameplay, it would be an outstanding game.

Reactions: phil3992

phil3992

Oct 15, 2014
This is a fun game: the concept is really cool, and it can get pretty addictive. An interesting game mode might be to give the player more time at the beginning to pick the right color, and then speed up as the game continues. My only (pretty major) criticism is that it looks like there wasn't very much effort put into making the game look nice. For example, the main menu screen is poorly laid out: there's a lot of empty space, and I think the game could benefit from a nicer looking font. Overall, I think this is a great game, and if the visual presentation of the game matched the quality of the gameplay, it would be an outstanding game.

Thanks for the feedback, yes I am no graphic designer but I assure you a lot of effort went to the design, I was aiming for a simplistic look to the app but I look at trying to produce a higher quality. I have more modes planned for colour guess so a layout overhaul will be due to fit the extra modes in. I like the idea of the game mode, it's not the first time somebody has suggested it to me so i'll be sure to get a mode along those lines released with the other two new modes I have planned.

I really appreciate the kind words and the constructive feedback. Im still fairly new to android but have a passion to keep making content.

phil3992

Oct 15, 2014
V1.2.2 is released to address a missed bug. Should be the last of the bugs fixes. the Next planned updates will add new modes and a redesign to the homepage

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Very funny game ;) Addictiv
    Really fun to play :) I guess I have to practice in order to get fast enough ^^
    Looks nice!!

Will surely give it a try.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone