• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GAME] Soccer Touch v0.2

Search This thread

jakobdam

Feb 8, 2006
Aalborg
www.fotostart.dk
NEWEST VERSION: v0.2 (19/8 - 2009)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Screenshot:
scr01.jpg

Installation:
- Download CAB (latest version) here:

>>> :: DOWNLOAD :: <<<

"SOCCER TOUCH" is a simple "tip the ball"-game.

Just click the ball to tip it; but if it touches the ground, your score is zero'ed.

- This game is auto scaling to all resolutions, but graphics have been optimized to run on WVGA. But don't hesitate - try it on your device, and see how it works - and report back here! :)

=> Issue 1: Zip downloaded?
>>> Just your browser playing tricks on you. Rename to .cab extension, and it should be able to install and work, just fine.

=> Issue 2: Error about Flash Lite player during install/run:
>>> Download and install:
http://www.mediafire.com/?u9zr4lnt1ht

=> Issue 3: Game is not fullscreen:
>>> Just choose "MENU", then choose "Fullscreen". :)

How to play:
- Tap the ball and continue to tap it periodically, to keep it in the air.
- Don't let the ball hit the ground.

To-do:
- Highscore list (today's high, this week's high etc.)
- Maybe more balls to choose from...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATES!!!

2009 - August, 20
Version 0.2.
=> Refined physics
=> Improved responsiveness
=> Menus almost completed

2009 - August, 19
Initial v0.1 release.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

DONATIONS RECEIVED:
(Total: €9,-)

- 2009-09-03: Christoph Castan (€5,-)
- 2009-08-31: Ilya Volodin (€15,-)
- 2009-08-31: jerome renou (€15,-)
- 2009-08-24: Dawid Nyberg (€5,-)
- 2009-08-17: "Jesusishere" (€4,-)
- 2009-08-13: Dennis Christilaw (€5,-)

A lot of thanks to the above people! Doing stuff for folks in here is very fun, but it's always very nice to know, that this work is appreciated! :)

Last edited:

jakobdam

Feb 8, 2006
Aalborg
www.fotostart.dk
Ha :D - well, I still need to update "fruity" and "touch break", but I have plans for a bigger game than any of those.

The new game will not be so dependant on real-time performance... but more on that when the time comes. :)

- This "Soccer Touch" is more like a simple practise, to see if I can get the physics somewhat right. It's pretty tuff, but I'm no mathematician at all (I got a grade B from the highschool back then)... nonetheless, it's fun to do :)

brandonhall517

Jul 29, 2008
awesome game for 1st version. wayyyyyy too hard though. I have played this exact game on a G1 and i had a high score of 101, my highest on this game was 4 lol. lookin forward to future version

jakobdam

Feb 8, 2006
Aalborg
www.fotostart.dk
Yeah, I noticed - my current highscore in this one, is 12 - but running the game on the PC, enables me to archieve well over 50 if I want.

The main reason is, that all my carefully planned physics, behaves WAY differently on the phone, than on the PC's emulator. This makes it pretty hard to foresee the consequenses of changing certain parameters, such as gravity, force and resistance.

But yeah, next version will be far better :)

bugsykoosh

Jun 16, 2007
great initial release. I guess after the brick breaker game you were afraid of making it too easy so this one you went the other way:) It runs very smoothly though (on VGA as well) but yeah, it needs to be made a little easier. Other than that it's nice and oddly amusing:)

skulk3r

Feb 9, 2009
i don't know if this is too hard or not possible, but how about a penalty shoot-out mode?
Where you have to swipe the ball into the goals, and the speed of your swipe determines how hard you "kick" the ball and the swipe will determine where your ball goes? Then the goal-keeper could just be able to "save" the ball basd on a probability thing, like if it's in the corner of the goal, then the probability of it being saved is low, but if it's in the middle, then the probability is high?

I lack the progamming skills to do it, but maybe someone could do it? I'm sure it'd be a lot of fun!

jakobdam

Feb 8, 2006
Aalborg
www.fotostart.dk
tcchuin >
No, I will NOT make a game called "touch the balls" :D :D :D Or wait, that's actually a great title... maybe I actually will! :D

skull3r >>
Your question is actually something that I already have done. :) And it works brilliantly too. Maybe I should return to the project, which drowned as Touch Break came into being. At least, you should see the initial release...

But the kinks are, that arrays are extremely consuming in flash - which renders the performance very poor, in this game. I called the game "D-RAW", but let's see if I throw out a release later on today on that one... :)

Your idea appeals me - as much fewer collision detection routines are required. The version I have made, requires about 100 points to collide with each other... which is of course, the worst for performance...

jmckeejr >>>
I'm a musician besides being a graphics artist and flash programmer (and taekwondo practitioner and pro photographer), so I've actually made lots of music I could throw in. I did so in the old java games I made, back then...

But right now, the performance of all my games, are not that great, primarily due to the high native resolution (480x800 pixels) and the flash wrapper itself. So for now, no sounds - sorry. :)

jmckeejr

Aug 11, 2008
Altoona, Pa
www.mckeeflooring.com
tcchuin >
No, I will NOT make a game called "touch the balls" :D :D :D Or wait, that's actually a great title... maybe I actually will! :D

jmckeejr >>>
I'm a musician besides being a graphics artist and flash programmer (and taekwondo practitioner and pro photographer), so I've actually made lots of music I could throw in. I did so in the old java games I made, back then...

But right now, the performance of all my games, are not that great, primarily due to the high native resolution (480x800 pixels) and the flash wrapper itself. So for now, no sounds - sorry. :)

LMAO

Sounds like you busy ;) Well, hope to see some sounds sometime, I'll keep an eye out. Performance has met my standards so far on VGA 480x640 :) I mean other than it being superhard to get a score higher than 3 without cheating :p

CRACING

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 10, 2008
125 Miles From Sea
Thanks for a great game but I'm get an error like "Error in loading SoccerT002". :(

And also the cab isn't in right format. I mean, Company Name is missing; Application Name is missing; Min OS version and Max OS version should be 0 so that I can installing on any OS versions; Installation path is strange ( Something like reg code/entry ). :confused:

However, I have solved these all and installed but getting an error as said above when I run the game.

Hope you can solve the problem.

BTW, my device is HTC Wizard a QVGA device!

Best Regards

tcchuin

Dec 25, 2008
LMAO

Sounds like you busy ;) Well, hope to see some sounds sometime, I'll keep an eye out. Performance has met my standards so far on VGA 480x640 :) I mean other than it being superhard to get a score higher than 3 without cheating :p

estimate where the ball is going,tap at there,then release when the ball is near,or keep double tapping the ball