Gameloft games not supported

Search This thread

eman2001

Oct 2, 2012
London
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
So I basically couldnt wait for the sheild to come out and I bought one only to find out that big gameloft titles like Modern combat 4, Nova 3 etc are not supported by the shiled controls :crying::( why nvidia why, I would have thought that nvidia would have some kind of on screen mapping controls like archos gamepad but I was wrong, I hope soon that they will with some kind of software update because alot of ppl who bought this thing to play big Gameloft Tiltes are not happy :mad: plzzzzz nvidia fix this

Current devices:
Xperia tablet Z 4G LTE. (4.2.2 rooted on stock rom)
Xperia Z. (4.2.2 rooted on custom Rom monxDIFIED)
Galaxy S4. (4.2.2 rooted on omega Rom)
Galaxy Note 2. (4.3 CM10.2)
Nvidia Shield. (4.2.1 rooted stock Rom)
PlayStation Vita 3G & WiFi (collecting dust)

Last edited:

SixSixSevenSeven

Dec 26, 2012
There are 3rd party apps that let you do that.

Also NVidia have no obligation to "fix" this when it isn't an advertised feature.

If anything the only people that have to fix things are gameloft themselves.

eman2001

Oct 2, 2012
London
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
There are 3rd party apps that let you do that.

Also NVidia have no obligation to "fix" this when it isn't an advertised feature.

If anything the only people that have to fix things are gameloft themselves.

Yes your right I hope gameloft update thier games to be compatible with the shield and their future games, besides what are the best 3rd party apps that work well with the shield

MicroByter

Jun 1, 2012
Just to let you know, Modern Combat 4 works just fine on the SHIELD. You can fire and ironsight with the R1/L1 buttons and sprint/crouch by pushing up or down twice on the left analog.

Try the Amazon App store, it's $6.99 there. The game runs very smooth and multiplayer works great as well.

Reactions: eman2001

eman2001

Oct 2, 2012
London
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Just to let you know, Modern Combat 4 works just fine on the SHIELD. You can fire and ironsight with the R1/L1 buttons and sprint/crouch by pushing up or down twice on the left analog.

Try the Amazon App store, it's $6.99 there. The game runs very smooth and multiplayer works great as well.

oh my GOD Nova 3 just updated today as well and now it works fine with the shield and so happy now :D as well as Mordern combat 4, thanks Gameloft am sure they heard my cry :good::D

Last edited:
Reactions: MicroByter

MicroByter

Jun 1, 2012
oh my GOD Nova 3 just updated today as well and now it works fine with the shield and so happy now :D as well as Mordern combat 4, thanks Gameloft and sure they heard my cry :good::D

Wow, that is awesome news about NOVA 3. When you say it works fine, you mean the controls all work? If so, downloading later when I get home.

GTX420

Aug 5, 2013

Weird, are you saying it's not being sold through the Shield from the Play store? cuz i just did a search and could not find it. but when i searched on my desktop it shows up? all i can find is a bunch of cheats

unisasquatch

Aug 11, 2013
Weird, are you saying it's not being sold through the Shield from the Play store? cuz i just did a search and could not find it. but when i searched on my desktop it shows up? all i can find is a bunch of cheats

Same issue. I bought modern combat 4 for my phone a while ago, but I see no way to get it onto my shield.

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

LADIES AND GENTS!

Root your shield and download "Device Spoofer". This app does as it sounds and spoofs google play into thinking your shield is whatever you want it to be. This makes it so you are no longer limited to games available to only shield. I have chosen to spoof the system into thinking my shield is an Xperia Play. Now I have access to all Gameloft games on the Google Play Market.

I'm still testing controller support while spoofing though. Don't get too excited.

usafballer

Sep 26, 2012
Same issue. I bought modern combat 4 for my phone a while ago, but I see no way to get it onto my shield.

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

LADIES AND GENTS!

Root your shield and download "Device Spoofer". This app does as it sounds and spoofs google play into thinking your shield is whatever you want it to be. This makes it so you are no longer limited to games available to only shield. I have chosen to spoof the system into thinking my shield is an Xperia Play. Now I have access to all Gameloft games on the Google Play Market.

I'm still testing controller support while spoofing though. Don't get too excited.

I went ahead and grabbed MC4 off Amazon App store...annoyed to have to buy again, but I was real curious about it working on the shield, and it does work well. The control mappings could be a bit better though, but maybe they are working it.

I also would like them to update Wild Blood - since I paid for that sometime ago but want to play it on my shield.

I wish they would quit releasing everything as freemium...I hope they DO NOT release MC5 as free to play.

unisasquatch

Aug 11, 2013
I have an issue with the right stick not working in Max Payne and all gameloft games. Anyone else having that issue?

Last edited:

johnsongrantr

Aug 10, 2007
Indianapolis
Think I found my first actual complaint with the shield and it's completely software related, possibly analog stick driver related. Could be corrected for in games, but after some testing all games are sort of struck by this.

You turn off mouse emulation and the analog stick movement in games is almost entirely static aside from the small zone in the center where you can make minor corrections. Movement hits "balls to the wall" max value very quickly IMO.

Nova 3 is brilliant with shield, a lot like a Halo 3 clone, I have spent many many many hours playing halo 3 so I was very excited. After playing for about 4-5 hours last night, one thing I could tell as being mostly different (aside from R bumper fire vs R trigger fire) was regardless of the sensitivity setting, the acceleration spectrum of the joystick isn't anywhere near the same.

You can turn down the look sensitivity and moving the stick quickly plateaued out on the speed you can look in any direction. You turn it up too high 3/5th-5/5th and it makes it impossible to make any kind of very sensitive minor correction. (no scopes) For me anyway, having it set to 1/5-2/5th sensitivity is perfect for the minor corrections in that game and getting those headshots with ease. But it makes making major corrections (looking behind you 180's) impractical. When playing on the xbox the more aggressive the stick movements the more it will accelerate your movement while still keeping minor corrections possible with minor movements. (I played halo 3 on 2/5th setting)

So, I went in and started checking other games, maybe it was just a problem with nova... and it's basically doing the same thing in every game. Spent a lot of time playing GTA 3 and same thing there as well. I didn't pick it up at first because for the other games I didn't have a good idea of "what right looked like" But other games like respawnables & shadowgun are sort of the same deal even though I didn't really have a point of reference for those.

I know it's not a simple thing to explain and ask for, and I bet a lot of people won't even notice it, or think it's just me. What is needed is the joystick equivalent to "mouse acceleration" in windows though.

EDIT: and there needs to be (or a bigger) deadzone in the center, that might actually fix both problems (push minor values outwards of the center some). I have found some analog stick ghost movements when my thumbs are off them.

Last edited:

Evo_Shift

Jan 17, 2011
I wouldn't mind trying order and chaos with controller support. If you use the device spoofer just to get the app downloaded then turn it off will the games run? The issue is mostly just getting them onto the device isn't it?

SixSixSevenSeven

Dec 26, 2012
I wouldn't mind trying order and chaos with controller support. If you use the device spoofer just to get the app downloaded then turn it off will the games run? The issue is mostly just getting them onto the device isn't it?

The spoofer is only needed for the play store, from that point onwards the app itself has very little it can do to prevent running on your device.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is the 3rd party app call gamekeyboard that can map the screen button

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.locnet.gamekeyboard&hl=en

oh my GOD Nova 3 just updated today as well and now it works fine with the shield and so happy now :D as well as Mordern combat 4, thanks Gameloft am sure they heard my cry :good::D
    Wow, that is awesome news about NOVA 3. When you say it works fine, you mean the controls all work? If so, downloading later when I get home.

yea all the controls just works fine :laugh::good:
    Even when I turn mouse emulation off, I still can't use the stick to aim in modern combat 4. And I can aim in max payne, but I still can't walk around. If I use the dpad I can take about a quarter step with every directional press.

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

OK so even though I haven't made any modifications, I went ahead and fastbooted the recovery images and my controller works fine now.

For those interested, the reason you need to disable the virtual mouse is because it appears whenever a game reports that it didn't handle the right stick. Unfortunately, some games (like Gameloft games) handle the movement event, but then report they didn't (for those who like tech info, they are returning false from their input handler for right stick events) and that causes the mouse to appear and confuse the game. That's partially why it has the disable in the quick settings.

I don't know why you had trouble with MC4 with the mouse disabled. Very strange. :-/