Question Games unplayable due to thermal throttling stutters. Any fix?

Search This thread

Xi9

Nov 19, 2021
Just trying to play Donkey Kong Country Returns on the Snapdragon 860 Xiaomi Pad and I notice fps drops on 1x and 4x. Try every setting, nothing changes. Even Gpu usage is only half.
Then I enabled fps counter and whenever it hits 30 C max it throttles to super low fps and doesn't go any bit higher. Explains the stutters I had in other Games.
30 C is nothing, feels like a scam, it runs like a low-end device.

Is there any fix? Any tutorial that works? With root or so? Just 35 C would be enough, It’s just 10 C here too. If not don’t buy Xiaomi for games, it’s not playable at all! It’s like a bad joke.

Reactions: jaca22

Xi9

Nov 19, 2021
Over here the same problem and stuttering in fixed 60hz emulators
Sucks man, surprised no ones talking about this. The device is easily strong enough for 3DS and even some Switch games, but with this maybe it can't even do some older emulators smoothly, will do some more testing.

Xi9

Nov 19, 2021
So here is the Video:
Flickering is due to the video recording only, but you can still see that it runs fine until the temp hits 30c, then it becomes very slow. You can see the graphic turn orange.

jaca22

May 10, 2011
hopefully a developer can port a kernel of the xiaomi x3 pro that they share the same soc and all these problems can be solved, since I bought it for emulation and it does not work smooth as silk

Xi9

Nov 19, 2021
I hope so! But I found a fix for this problem at least, you have to use Citra, not Citra MMJ, there seems to be a problem with that version. In normal Citra it runs at 60 fps at over 35 C but it still has some frame drops from time to time.

Reactions: jaca22

labhergie

Dec 30, 2021
Just trying to play Donkey Kong Country Returns on the Snapdragon 860 Xiaomi Pad and I notice fps drops on 1x and 4x. Try every setting, nothing changes. Even Gpu usage is only half.
Then I enabled fps counter and whenever it hits 30 C max it throttles to super low fps and doesn't go any bit higher. Explains the stutters I had in other Games.

Is there any fix? Any tutorial that works? With root or so? Just 35 C would be enough, It’s just 10 C here too. If not don’t buy Xiaomi for games, it’s not playable at all! It’s like a bad joke.
I have Poco X3 Pro... it does have thermal throttling also... but I managed to get rid of throttling by flashing a HAVOC OS custom rom...
MIUI is known for throttling SOCs...

NoodlesBoy

Sep 23, 2017
I have the same problem when playing Hearthstone. Anyway to turn off thermal throttling completely ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Over here the same problem and stuttering in fixed 60hz emulators
    I hope so! But I found a fix for this problem at least, you have to use Citra, not Citra MMJ, there seems to be a problem with that version. In normal Citra it runs at 60 fps at over 35 C but it still has some frame drops from time to time.