Gamework - library for creating geolocation games

Search This thread

Robyer

May 24, 2012
Brno
www.robyer.cz
Hello!

Within my Bachelor thesis I developed Android library for easy creation of geolocation games.

The resulting game is composed of three parts:
  1. This library
  2. User interface of application
  3. Game scenario

Game scenario (= the definition of game objects and logic) is stored in *.xml file which is separed from the user interface and its code. Theoretically, it is possible that author of the game is not programming in Java / Android - if he use already existing GUI (or if there will be two guys where one prepare GUI and second create game scenario - it could be similar to programmer and coder for websites). Simply one application (and its GUI) can use multiple different game scenarios.

Library currently allows single player games without moving objects (= without enemies and artificial intelligence). It should be applicable to various puzzle, logic or for other types of games - it's more about idea and creativity. In the future I would like to add new features and capabilities according to the feedback I receive. So I will be glad if someone could try it and let me know what is missing or what needs to be changed/improved to fit needs of your game.

The library is released under the Apache License Version 2.0, so without no restrictions even for commercial products.

You can find it on GitHub: github.com/robyer/gamework

If you want to know how to practically use the library, what could be set in game scenario or you have any other question, just ask ;)
I will answer directly or eventuallyl update second post here.

If anyone will be interested in this, let me know :)

Robyer

May 24, 2012
Brno
www.robyer.cz

Example Scenario file with commented all possible elements you can find at
github.com/Robyer/Gamework/blob/master/ExampleGame/assets/example.xml

I also created an example/testing application, few screenshots:
i40.tinypic.com/23wus7t.png
i43.tinypic.com/2bp0xv.png
i40.tinypic.com/igaf5i.png

APK file to download: robyer.cz/stahni/GameworkApp.apk

Last edited:
Reactions: DLilly

asmocon

Jul 5, 2013
Very interesting

I don't know if I will ever actually get around to making my little "game," but what you are talking about is one of the things I wanted to incorporate. There will be no AI in my app, just user input/logic solving and I wanted GeoLocation to be an active part of the users options.

I am extremely knew to it all, so I can not provide you any real feedback. I just think it is great that you have this and hopefully I will be able to reference it if/when I ever get fully motivated!

Again, very interesting. Thank you.

pnprp

Apr 23, 2013
Hello!

Within my Bachelor thesis I developed Android library for easy creation of geolocation games.

1. This library
  3. Game scenario

Game scenario (= the definition of game objects and logic) is stored in *.xml file which is separed from the user interface and its code. Theoretically, it is possible that author of the game is not programming in Java / Android - if he use already existing GUI (or if there will be two guys where one prepare GUI and second create game scenario - it could be similar to programmer and coder for websites). Simply one application (and its GUI) can use multiple different game scenarios.

Library currently allows single player games without moving objects (= without enemies and artificial intelligence). It should be applicable to various puzzle, logic or for other types of games - it's more about idea and creativity. In the future I would like to add new features and capabilities according to the feedback I receive. So I will be glad if someone could try it and let me know what is missing or what needs to be changed/improved to fit needs of your game.

The library is released under the Apache License Version 2.0, so without no restrictions even for commercial products.

If you want to know how to practically use the library, what could be set in game scenario or you have any other question, just ask ;)

Why you dont make it into .apk file?

Robyer

May 24, 2012
Brno
www.robyer.cz
Hi, thanks for your responses.

pnprp: as Fitoma already said, this is only library. I may put APK with my testing app here, but it would be useless for you as it does basically nothing.

(Also I found some bug with FC right after start, I'll fix that asap.) - done.

EDIT: I uploaded APK of testing app here: robyer.cz/stahni/GameworkApp.apk (+ added also to second post)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello!

1. This library
    3. Game scenario

Example Scenario file with commented all possible elements you can find at
    github.com/Robyer/Gamework/blob/master/ExampleGame/assets/example.xml

I also created an example/testing application, few screenshots:
    i40.tinypic.com/23wus7t.png
    i43.tinypic.com/2bp0xv.png
    i40.tinypic.com/igaf5i.png

APK file to download: robyer.cz/stahni/GameworkApp.apk