Gaming on honor 8

Search This thread

annujangra

Aug 11, 2018
Games like pubg running like mess on honor 8 nougat 7.0 even a hundred dollar phone can run pubg better
I think the main culprit is kernel bcz pubg is not using high performance cortex a72 cores i have monitored it while playing
My ques is : is upgrading to oreo will solve the problem??
Because this chip is not optimised by game developers
Or can we tweak the kernel
Or can i turn off 1st cluster of a53 cores
??????

How to force a72 cores??

Use kernel adiutor app from play store. You need root access so either magisk or SuperSU. Then you can drag from the left to find core option and you can then choose the frequencies of both a72 and a53. Use full while playing. It'll kill your battery not drain but really kill your batteries life.

It works best on custom ROMs, tried on stock but failed because of the kernel continuously resetting.

Alok Bajaj

Jan 7, 2015
Bangalore
Search on google for "GPU turbo XDA". There's a thread where a developer has created something like GPU turbo. You'll need a custom recovery and magisk installed on your device to use it. Hopefully it might help. To play pubg I use Gltools and Gfx tool for pubg.

Set your GPU to adreno 540 using gltools and then open PUBG. In the graphics settings change the Quality to "Smooth", this will unlock extreme FPS setting. And select FPS as "Extreme". Disable changing auto fps. Save the settings. Now try playing the game.
(Optional) Exit the game and open GFX tool for PUBG. Select 0.7 version and change the resolution to lowest and graphic settings to "So smooth". Don't touch the FPS setting. Save and run the game. With this the game will run smoothly with over 40+ fps all the time for hours. But your trade off will be some graphics in the game which you'll have to get used to. I hope this helps.

Alok Bajaj

Jan 7, 2015
Bangalore
Just a quick update. Games are working super smooth on RROS B2. I didn't have to use gfx tool for pubg to reduce graphics like I used to do before. Just used gltools to unlock 60 fps and it works like charm in higher graphics quality and steady frames around 50-60fps. :) And the best thing is phone is not even getting hot even after 1 hour of pubg :good:

xfim

Nov 26, 2012
Just a quick update. Games are working super smooth on RROS B2. I didn't have to use gfx tool for pubg to reduce graphics like I used to do before. Just used gltools to unlock 60 fps and it works like charm in higher graphics quality and steady frames around 50-60fps. :) And the best thing is phone is not even getting hot even after 1 hour of pubg :good:

Is RROS B2 oreo? Can you tell me whats the gpu driver version? On nougat it is r12p1

infinityplus

Feb 3, 2015
Bangalore
Just wanted to check whether anyone else's device drains battery even while charging when playing pubg or if it is only my phone.. any reply would be appreciated

Top Liked Posts