• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question GaN charger on BS4 issue

Search This thread

neoseven69

Mar 2, 2012
Purchase 65w GaN charger and tried to charge the BS4 using 5a and 6a cable, but every time i plug it in, it will automatically disconnect and connect and so on..

is it because BS4 is using dual battery tech ?

AboNaya

Mar 23, 2014

I think that the difference is not in the phone, but in the charging technology, which is relatively new and some phones or companies will not adopt it

ksbwings

Jan 11, 2013
It's happened to me, as well, I have tested/measured many types of adapters with different smartphones. I observed that the current flow and adapter are not well-optimized for most smartphones. Thus to adopt it, either you have less Amperage-cable or correct voltage rate level (5V/6V/9V/11V/20V) from the Adapter.

Unfortunately, CN phones with High-Wattage Power or PD & auto-discharge features, like Huawei/Xiaomi/OP, must have their brand charger in order to achieve full support of super/fast charge whatever they called it. Each brand has its own technology & instruction definition for charging.