Gap Between Screen and Frame

Search This thread

CitizenLee

Aug 21, 2009
Aberdeen
Noticed recently when cleaning my phone and case there's a small gap between the screen and frame for the ear piece speaker. Seems strange there no grill here to keep out dust and fluff etc. I assume this is by design and doesn't affect the IP68 rating?

aviseqdas

May 19, 2012
Minneapolis
For me for some reason I can feel the metal edges are higher than the glass so you can really feel the ridge between the two. Same in the back I can literally feel the ridge where the plastic back meets the metal frame! It is not as seamless as other Samsung phones I have used and wondering was this done intentionally to make the phone feel budget or it is just poor design/engineering?
Also surprised the phone despite having a plastic back, why is it heavier than the regular S20 +?

CitizenLee

Aug 21, 2009
Aberdeen
I'm happy enough with the build quality to be honest, I'm just wondering why there's no speaker grill and if it's meant to be this way with regards to the gap. If it's the same on the other S20 models then I guess it's by design.

mvmorr01

Jul 27, 2010
For me for some reason I can feel the metal edges are higher than the glass so you can really feel the ridge between the two. Same in the back I can literally feel the ridge where the plastic back meets the metal frame! It is not as seamless as other Samsung phones I have used and wondering was this done intentionally to make the phone feel budget or it is just poor design/engineering?
Also surprised the phone despite having a plastic back, why is it heavier than the regular S20 +?

For a min I thought mine had a "huge" ridge between the plastic and metal side, but then I noticed that the metal had 5-6 thin finish protectors stuck to them. Once I peeled those off, mine felt fine.