For a Minimal GApps install on Marshmallow 6.0.0:
1. Download Deltadroid's Marshmallow Base Gapps package for 6.0.0 (From THIS
(current as of 2015-NOV-22)
(Check the first post in the thread, all the way towards the bottom, rather than relying solely on the above link).
2. Create and install these empty text files (0-byte) on the "root" of your Internal Storage ("/sdcard/"):
(prevents faceunlock from being installed and removes existing installation of faceunlock)
(keeps stock provision setup wizard and does not replace it with Google's setup wizard)
3. Install GApps via TWRP
4. Boot to System
5. Immediately toggle application permissions to "ON" under:
Settings -> Apps -> ... -> System show
- Google Contacts Sync
- Google Play Services
- Google Play Store
6. Reboot the phone
7. Add your Google Account via "Settings -> Accounts -> Add account -> Google"
8. Verify that Contacts are synced and Play Services is functional.