• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GAPPS][8.1] OpenGApps Unofficial Builds [arm|arm64]

Search This thread

shovikishere

Nov 18, 2013
Dhaka
www.farhan.info
I really appreciate your work and want to thank you. But just a suggestion: If you keep your pc on while in university you can add a cron job and it will automatically build it for you. And If you decide to use androidfilehost it can even upload it automatically since they have ftp (but you have to request it). Anyway, thanks again!

Though I don't leave my desktop running while I'm out, thank you for the suggestion' I'll surely try this on my laptop :D

XxDedSecxX

Dec 29, 2017
Hey, I don't know if it's only me, but after the installation when I try to open Google Play Store it always says Google Services stopped working and it doesn't let me through Checking info... Tnx :)

XxDedSecxX

Dec 29, 2017
Hmm, I would suggest you try Aroma, but from a different date. If that doesn't work try clean flashing the rom + gapps. Also flash gapps without rebooting to system (directly after flashing rom).

Sorry for bothering you with questions so much, but when i try to install Aroma, no matter what i select to be installed, it always says insufficient system space or something like that, even though i have 57GB free storage. Thank you really much for your time :)

G

GuestK0051

Sorry for bothering you with questions so much, but when i try to install Aroma, no matter what i select to be installed, it always says insufficient system space or something like that, even though i have 57GB free storage. Thank you really much for your time :)
Google apps get installed to the system partition, which is about 4 GB I think. If you need all the apps you wanted installed you can resize the system partition in TWRP, otherwise deselect some apps you don't need (you can still install them from the play store later).

XxDedSecxX

Dec 29, 2017
Google apps get installed to the system partition, which is about 4 GB I think. If you need all the apps you wanted installed you can resize the system partition in TWRP, otherwise deselect some apps you don't need (you can still install them from the play store later).

Thank you so much!!!!!! It worked, what I had to do, is like you said: flash rom and gapps at once without system reboot between. THANKSSSSSSS:D:D:eek:

jlb1959.01

Feb 27, 2016
springhill,fl
After installing Android Oreo [8.1] (https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-x/development/rom-lineageos-15-0-t3672662) on my OnePlus X, I realized that OpenGapps has not yet released any GAPPS packages for 8.1. Their latest official build is for 8.0

This is screenshot was taken on 22nd December 2017 and there was no GAPPS package for 8.1 thus.

I won't get time to build packages everyday but I'll update those package every once in a while. I'll also make sure that packages for latest android API level is ready for download so that flashoholics can run their phones till OpenGApps team releases official packages.

Unofficial builds to the rescue!
Of course these packages are not as stable as the official builds but in the absence of official packages these will get the job done and can be installed on any android smartphone running Android Oreo [8.1]. My builds are available in 4 variants which are -

pico
nano
micro
mini
stock [on request]
aroma [on request]

I haven't built any other variant because I don't know why would someone waste that much space by installing apps which are hardly used. I have built for 2 architectures which are

arm [build 2017-12-27]
arm64 [build 2017-12-28]

If you need package of a different variant or architecture, let me know and I'll build one for you.

Downloads
All ARM build - https://goo.gl/v5SAQY
All ARM64 build - https://goo.gl/mrUzFa
GitHub Repo - https://github.com/farhanhasinc/opengapps-unofficial-builds

:highfive:

great work,much appreciated!!

ZAFAR-

Feb 12, 2014
Awesome Rom

This rom is a beast, so much customization. So far the only issue i have come across was the camera, the pictures were coming out at a 90 degreee angle. i had to install google camera and that solved it.

Im not sure about the battery usage as i have only just flashed it but lets see.

Massive thank you to the Devs, good work.

:):)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    opengapps-banner.png

OpenGApps Official Builds for oreo-8.1 has been released already. So, my work here is done

After installing Android Oreo [8.1] (https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-x/development/rom-lineageos-15-0-t3672662) on my OnePlus X, I realized that OpenGapps has not yet released any GAPPS packages for 8.1. Their latest official build is for 8.0

opengapps-downloads.PNG

This is screenshot was taken on 22nd December 2017 and there was no GAPPS package for 8.1 thus.

I won't get time to build packages everyday but I'll update those package every once in a while. I'll also make sure that packages for latest android API level is ready for download so that flashoholics can run their phones till OpenGApps team releases official packages.

Unofficial builds to the rescue!
    Of course these packages are not as stable as the official builds but in the absence of official packages these will get the job done and can be installed on any android smartphone running Android Oreo [8.1]. My builds are available in 4 variants which are -

1. pico
    2. nano
    3. micro
    4. mini
    5. stock [on request]
    6. aroma [on request]

I haven't built any other variant because I don't know why would someone waste that much space by installing apps which are hardly used. I have built for 2 architectures which are

1. arm [build 2018-01-05]
    2. arm64 [build 2018-01-05]

If you need package of a different variant or architecture, let me know and I'll build one for you.

GitHub Repo - https://github.com/farhanhasinc/opengapps-unofficial-builds

:highfive:
    All packages have been updated to build 2018-01-05.
    And from now on I'll try to update them every weekend.
    I'm a stock package guy.... if you make one... quote me, I'll get back asap

or at least it brings the launcher and camera...

Hi,
    If you want direct, official and updated Gapps then follow below:
    1. Download GAPPS for 8.0 zip
    2. Extract Installer.sh from zip file
    3. Open and modify below 2 values:
    req_android_sdk="27";
    req_android_version="8.1";
    4. Copy and replace modified 1 file into zip file.
    5. Done. Now install

It worked for me. Tried.
    Let me be the 1st to say "Thank you".
    I would appreciate if you make an aroma version. thanks.
    Will try to. Internet here is not so fast. Uploading will be a pain. So please give me some time.