Status
Not open for further replies.

Nezorflame

Sep 7, 2009
Moscow
nezorfla.me
Code:
*** Disclaimer

Some generic text about me not being responsible for your dead devices, pets, etc.
You know the drill.

Introduction

This project was created to fill the void for every custom 8.1 ROM out there as there were no official builds yet (until 1st of March).
These builds were just a compilation from the official OpenGApps Github source for the Android 8.1 for ARM/ARM64 devices with some added fixes.
Check changelog in the 2nd post to see them.

If you want, you can join the Telegram group for GApps discussion and small talks, I'll chime in sometimes as well - https://t.me/opengapps_discussion

Downloads

Discontinued.

F.A.Q.

https://github.com/opengapps/opengapps/wiki

Credits

Code:
* OpenGApps team - for the package itself, for all the materials used and for being awesome lifesavers for everyone out there
* SpasilliumNexus - for recent fixes for face unlock and more
XDA:DevDB Information
OpenGApps

Contributors
Nezorflame, OpenGApps team
Source Code: https://github.com/opengapps/opengapps

Version Information

Created 2018-02-01
Last Updated 2018-03-01

Last edited:

Nezorflame

Sep 7, 2009
Moscow
nezorfla.me
Changelog

Changes mentioned here are applied for every build starting from the date of the change.

27.02.2018 - reworked all recent changes, thanks again @SpasilliumNexus.
Test builds can be found here.
Source: https://github.com/opengapps/opengapps/pull/580
Code:
- 8.1 bringup rework in /all, /arm, /arm64 repos
Older changes are under the spoiler.
26.02.2018 - updated APKs to their 8.1 version, should work with LineageOS now. Link in the first post in the FAQ section.
Thanks @SpasilliumNexus again for continued support with apps FC's.
PRs and source: ALL | ARM | ARM64
Code:
- APKs updated to SDK27 in /all, /arm, /arm64 repos
24.02.2018 - thanks to @SpasilliumNexus, source
Code:
- faceunlock fix for arm devices
02.02.2018 - thanks to @SpasilliumNexus, source
Code:
- vrmode_compat fix
- vrservice fix
- faceunlock location fix
- extsharedstock fix
- add additional apps to removal list

Last edited:

Medyredy

Mar 23, 2017
Hey sorry but I still don't understand what your project is about.. I was asked to come here, because of battery drain and download your files, I read every thing here but didn't get anything, can you give a layman a short explanation of what this is and why I need it.

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
Hey sorry but I still don't understand what your project is about.. I was asked to come here, because of battery drain and download your files, I read every thing here but didn't get anything, can you give a layman a short explanation of what this is and why I need it.
What Device & Rom?
These are Google Apps Packages = Gapps that you Flash on your Device IF you are running an AOSP Rom - If for example you have a Samsung device running the Stock TW Firmware - Then this is NOT for you... But it doesn't seem that you are all that familiar with Android (no offense) ?

Sent from my SM-G955W ??

Medyredy

Mar 23, 2017
What Device & Rom?
These are Google Apps Packages = Gapps that you Flash on your Device IF you are running an AOSP Rom - If for example you have a Samsung device running the Stock TW Firmware - Then this is NOT for you... But it doesn't seem that you are all that familiar with Android (no offense) ?
Lol. I'm still new, I have note 3 hlte, running on LA14.1, trader's. So how's this gapps any different from official Gapps?

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
Lol. I'm still new, I have note 3 hlte, running on LA14.1, trader's. So how's this gapps any different from official Gapps?
For a device running AOSP Nougat there probably isn't any difference - But if you were running Oreo 8.1 - Currently Official Open Gapps does not have an 8.1 Gapps Package available - So the Unofficial Gapps here are the Solution ?

Sent from my Galaxy S8+ using XDA Labs

ulats07

Jan 3, 2013
i am getting error -70 ..something about size not enough when i flash gapps other than pico,anyone else having the same issue?

arm
n9005

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
i am getting error -70 ..something about size not enough when i flash gapps other than pico,anyone else having the same issue?

arm
n9005
If you're getting Error 70 (insufficient space) You might want to Factory Reset - Advanced in TWRP 3.2.1-1 - Manually Wipe - System - Data and Caches - Flash Rom and Gapps (try Nano) and see if it's successful - You should have enough space.

Sent from my SM-G955W ??

Reactions: ulats07
Status
Not open for further replies.